Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I dunno, to me I think it IS possible that Nuke f***ed up by having a hooker almost OD in his room without him necessarily having a drug problem that requires rehab.
Do you believe that people that are partying with a hooker at 3PM on a game day in the playoffs don't have a substance problem?

Reactions: Pokecheque

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I'm sick of this speculation but I'm also human and a fan. It's like hearing details about how Phil Hartman died. It's tabloid, but I'm invested.
I'm too drunk/lazy/stupid (take your pick) to look up which one of you reprobates first posted this hypothesis, but what's made the most sense in this knitting circle thus far is that Val needs to go to rehab but he won't (cue Amy Winehouse).
That's not great and I hope we're wrong. But as this drags on any happy endings become more distant (I'll forgo the pun on that one).

Reactions: Alienblood

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I dunno, to me I think it IS possible that Nuke f***ed up by having a hooker almost OD in his room without him necessarily having a drug problem that requires rehab.

To be clear - I'm not trying to say that this is a 'nothing story' or a 'non-issue'... I'm more referring to people on here already deciding that Nuke is a big-time drug abuser because of what happened and we just don't know that to be the case - for now at least.

I think it was a chain of events sort of thing, that led to the team making the decision to take Nuke out of that situation completely to avoid a potential legal issue and intense media scrutiny. When they made the decision to get him the hell out of there, they probably didn't know if the woman was going to be ok or not.

Could you imagine him staying with the team if they hadn't gotten him out of there ?

Could you imagine the line of questioning if they brought him back to the team a few days later ?

The Avs took the decision to get him out of there to leave the situation as murky as possible and to give them the chance to sweep this under the carpet with the least amount of noise. (and we came pretty close to still winning that series.... incredible under the circumstances).
If he stays with the team we don't hear about this. That woman was not going to go the media and the police doesn't do a press conference for that.

For some reason he HAD to leave.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Do you believe that people that are partying with a hooker at 3PM on a game day in the playoffs don't have a substance problem?
Sure whatever.

When Dany Heatley crashed his car and killed Dan Snyder did that mean he was an alcoholic that needed to go to rehab? It was a terrible result to a situation that got out of hand but as far as I know, it didn't make Dany Heatley an alcoholic.

That's my point. For all anyone knows, Nuke was sleeping when this chick just kept going and going. We don't f***ING know so before we do, can we f***ing put a pin on labelling him like this please :

1683808182473.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Sure whatever.

When Dany Heatley crashed his car and killed Dan Snyder did that mean he was an alcoholic that needed to go to rehab? It was a terrible result to a situation that got out of hand but as far as I know, it didn't make Dany Heatley an alcoholic.

That's my point. For all anyone knows, Nuke was sleeping when this chick just kept going and going. We don't f***ING know so before we do, can we f***ing put a pin on labelling him like this please :

View attachment 706615
Healthy isn’t really the best comparable… dude got 2nd degree vehicular homicide and was on probation. Which the vast majority of the time requires you to be clean from alcohol and drugs… and get tested regularly. I’d bet given the situation there was alcohol counseling too. He went through a much stricter program than rehab is.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Sure whatever.

View attachment 706615

Pretty much why I had closed this. I get that this stuff bleeds into other threads but we’ve had one article that had a bit of info since we were eliminated, the rest of this thread has just been pages and pages of wild speculation and accusations when we only have a sliver of the story.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Odd to me how tribal we are with this... our guy, we can't speak to or speculate at all (at very least it is frowned upon and we've closed up the conversation once). Even when the poster who is most connected to the Avs basically confirms it. Yet Vrana (and others) we can speculate and joke about constantly.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I mean, in this entire forum (HFAvs) there are 15 pages of posts that mention vrana. The majority of which aren't speculating on substance abuse or anything. This thread alone is 30 pages of speculation. It's been done to death with no additional info.

Reactions: Avs91 and LTCPain75

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Odd to me how tribal we are with this... our guy, we can't speak to or speculate at all (at very least it is frowned upon and we've closed up the conversation once). Even when the poster who is most connected to the Avs basically confirms it. Yet Vrana (and others) we can speculate and joke about constantly.
Oh, there will be jokes about hookers and blow, or my name isn't Uncle Christopher.

And they won't be good jokes, obviously.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Meghan Angley was gagged, no doubt.

April 27 - “I will keep asking questions.”
April 28 - “I will keep asking questions.”

She was spoken to.

May 4 - “Here’s what I know; there’s no ongoing investigation.”

No further questions and not another tweet about Nuke.

Avs Mafia is real.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I mean, in this entire forum (HFAvs) there are 15 pages of posts that mention vrana. The majority of which aren't speculating on substance abuse or anything. This thread alone is 30 pages of speculation. It's been done to death with no additional info.
Vrana isn't an Av. When it is an Av, on an Avs' forum it will generally have more discussion. We've also bantered around many other players in this regard. My point is more that we are very willing to frown upon speculating on our guy, but when it comes to other players... it is complete fair game. That's a double standard that doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Pokecheque

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

Some speculation is fine and expected with something like this and it’s the off-season so it’s something to talk about, but a lot of it is either redundant or just plain outlandish and accusatory when we don’t know a whole lot.

I get that I’m likely the bad guy here in this instance but this is just where I stand with it and it just seems like nothing new is really being added since we have no clue what really happened and probably won’t for quite a while.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Vrana isn't an Av. When it is an Av, on an Avs' forum it will generally have more discussion. We've also bantered around many other players in this regard. My point is more that we are very willing to frown upon speculating on our guy, but when it comes to other players... it is complete fair game. That's a double standard that doesn't make sense.

To be fair in that regard, a lot of speculation has been canned regarding non-Avs too, like with Provorov and pride night for example.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Sure whatever.

View attachment 706615
I never called him Scarface, just pointing out that behavior is typical of someone with a substance issue. I have been around addicts my whole life. I have a decent insight into what their behavior looks like.

But if you want to believe that the Avs rushed him to the airport and won't answer questions because he happened to be sleeping in the same vicinity as a OD hooker who happened to bring her own booze and pills in a backpack, then be my guest.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
To be fair in that regard, a lot of speculation has been canned regarding non-Avs too, like with Provorov and pride night for example.
This situation is ongoing all offseason if they don't address it. Therefore it's likely to pop up as speculation from time to time as long as the situation is open. Then in other threads we discuss lineups and the cap, and it's going to be a sidenote as long as we don't know Nuke's status. Not that I necessarily want to speculate on or "investigate" this specifically anymore, but it's the reality here.

Reactions: Hennessy

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Some speculation is fine and expected with something like this and it’s the off-season so it’s something to talk about, but a lot of it is either redundant or just plain outlandish and accusatory when we don’t know a whole lot.

I get that I’m likely the bad guy here in this instance but this is just where I stand with it and it just seems like nothing new is really being added since we have no clue what really happened and probably won’t for quite a while.
FTR I don't consider you a bad guy. I don't think anybody is. I'm simply stating this push to silence the chatter because it is an Av and we need to respect his privacy is not extended elsewhere.

The Provorov situation isn't exactly that same... that got political real quick, and while certainly not perfect (nothing ever will be), the politics on this board is kept to a minimum. Talks about substance abuse with players tends to be fair game.

News will probably only very slowly leak out here. Mostly because the Avs want it that way. If we shut down threads on it, when news does come out, it is likely to be at unexpected times.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I think Nukes situation or the the Avalanche's handling whether it's a cover up or an attempt at one should come to light personally.

My question is, if it isn't bad why not say something if you're the Avalanche? To me this seems like they're controlling the narrative.

How's ROR's Tim Horton's holding up these days?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Who would that be? Excuse me if I don't hang on every word of every single poster who would seem to have some sort of inside scoop on whatever but then never really come out and say in which way they are connected. They'll let others come out and say "Hey.... X guy knows what he's talking about".

To me, it comes down to this : if you're connected to the Avs - OUT WITH IT and I mean in the manner that you are. Otherwise, just frikkin' stop blowing smoke in people's faces.

I mean, I know that if I knew players on the team or people from the organization that gave me inside info, I certainly wouldn't post it here out of respect for the people that gave me the info. There are just too many people who just didn't get enough attention as children who crave that attention now and I'm not saying it's happening here in this particular case BUT it's rampant all over the internet.

Isn't there a difference because Vrana actually entered the NHL's rehab assistance program. As far as what has been made public up to this point, Nuke hasn't. THAT'S the difference.

According to some people on here, not only has Nuke NOT entered the program - he was already asked to enter and refused. Not saying it didn't happen - just saying that information isn't public knowledge.

I never called him Scarface, just pointing out that behavior is typical of someone with a substance issue. I have been around addicts my whole life. I have a decent insight into what their behavior looks like.

But if you want to believe that the Avs rushed him to the airport and won't answer questions because he happened to be sleeping in the same vicinity as a OD hooker who happened to bring her own booze and pills in a backpack, then be my guest.
I'll just consider that point missed. It's fine just go on with your business.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Who would that be? Excuse me if I don't hang on every word of every single poster who would seem to have some sort of inside scoop on whatever but then never really come out and say in which way they are connected. They'll let others come out and say "Hey.... X guy knows what he's talking about".

To me, it comes down to this : if you're connected to the Avs - OUT WITH IT and I mean in the manner that you are. Otherwise, just frikkin' stop blowing smoke in people's faces.

I mean, I know that if I knew players on the team or people from the organization that gave me inside info, I certainly wouldn't post it here out of respect for the people that gave me the info. There are just too many people who just didn't get enough attention as children who crave that attention now and I'm not saying it's happening here in this particular case BUT it's rampant all over the internet.

Isn't there a difference because Vrana actually entered the NHL's rehab assistance program. As far as what has been made public up to this point, Nuke hasn't. THAT'S the difference.

According to some people on here, not only has Nuke NOT entered the program - he was already asked to enter and refused. Not saying it didn't happen - just saying that information isn't public knowledge.

I'll just consider that point missed. It's fine just go on with your business.

How about a different name that the same jokes and discussion has been made over and over... Alex Galchenyuk. Prior to leaking of his SABH entrance (which Montreal kept quiet for years), people rambled on and on about him too before it was public knowledge he entered the program. Then it became public after he was on the move for a bit. We have over the years discussed many players' issues very publicly here. There were jokes about Kuznetsov prior to his very public outing of cocaine. Shane O'Brien's issues with booze were discussed. Riberio, Richards, Stoll, Carter, Hall, Emrey, etc. We've discussed many players over the years with and without proof of issues.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Literally curious.

Has there ever been a time where an important player on a playoff team, in the playoffs, just randomly disappear from the team without explanation?

Reactions: Metallo

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
The thread should stay open. The Avalanche aren't going to win anything any time soon, I want to be entertained by watching the forum eat itself.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
How about a different name that the same jokes and discussion has been made over and over... Alex Galchenyuk. Prior to leaking of his SABH entrance (which Montreal kept quiet for years), people rambled on and on about him too before it was public knowledge he entered the program. Then it became public after he was on the move for a bit. We have over the years discussed many players' issues very publicly here. There were jokes about Kuznetsov prior to his very public outing of cocaine. Shane O'Brien's issues with booze were discussed. Riberio, Richards, Stoll, Carter, Hall, Emrey, etc. We've discussed many players over the years with and without proof of issues.
He and his buddy nathan beaulieu were found practically passed out in a restaurant - it was in the Montreal papers back then.

My problem isn't speculation - it's that the speculation is turned into cold hard facts after a few people jump on board and accepted as the truth going forward shortly thereafter without any more proof whatsoever. That happens way too much around here.

But since it's fun - I am FLIP-FLOPPING - and I am volunteering this juicy nugget :

Isn't it interesting that Nuke was fine before and didn't have a massive heroin/crack addiction UNTIL we brought the aforementioned Galchenyuk into the organization ?

I think the rest is obvious - Galchenyuk said to Nuke "try this, you'll feel better. The first one is FREE".

Also - Galchenyuk is the hooker's pimp - he set them up in Seattle.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Literally curious.

Has there ever been a time where an important player on a playoff team, in the playoffs, just randomly disappear from the team without explanation?
I don't recall one without explanation, but I'm sure it has happened. I remember the Radulov in Nashville incident was well publicized.

He and his buddy nathan beaulieu were found practically passed out in a restaurant - it was in the Montreal papers back then.

My problem isn't speculation - it's that the speculation is turned into cold hard facts after a few people jump on board and accepted as the truth going forward shortly thereafter without any more proof whatsoever. That happens way too much around here.

But since it's fun - I am FLIP-FLOPPING - and I am volunteering this juicy nugget :

Isn't it interesting that Nuke was fine before and didn't have a massive heroin/crack addiction UNTIL we brought the aforementioned Galchenyuk into the organization ?

I think the rest is obvious - Galchenyuk said to Nuke "try this, you'll feel better. The first one is FREE".

Also - Galchenyuk is the hooker's pimp - he set them up in Seattle.

Many of those names don't have any cold hard facts... and players getting blackout drunk happens all the time. There were the (true) rumors of massive cocaine usage too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad