Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Spaceballs by a mile. 2nd gets into a messy debate... Galaxy Quest, The World's End, Howard the Duck, and Starship Troopers.

That's hardly a debate. Galaxy Quest is phenomenal. Howard the Duck was a massive misfire, and Starship Troopers tried the same level of dark satire of Robocop but wasn't written or acted nearly well enough.

Here's a question. Can the Avs legally even say that Nuke has entered rehab without his consent? Could all this smoke and mirrors simply be caused by some sort of NDA or HIPAA law?
They can probably say he entered the Player's Assistance Program (if he actually has) but that's probably where it ends.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That's hardly a debate. Galaxy Quest is phenomenal. Howard the Duck was a massive misfire, and Starship Troopers tried the same level of dark satire of Robocop but wasn't written or acted nearly well enough.

They can probably say he entered the Player's Assistance Program (if he actually has) but that's probably where it ends.
Howard the Duck is way better than people remember and ST is a cult classic, great movie.

Reactions: Bonzai12

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Howard the Duck is way better than people remember and ST is a cult classic, great movie.

Lea Thompson was kinda hot

IMG_0226.gif

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Based on Lekhonen's dad's and Parkkila's brother's comments I'm getting a substance abuse vibe; perhaps one that was a lingering issue and the incident in the hotel was the final straw. Nichushkin was then sent to Denver with security for is own well-being.
Perhaps the Avs are demanding treatment and he's resisting. That's a sensative topic you dont exactly want to go to the media with.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Based on Lekhonen's dad's and Parkkila's brother's comments I'm getting a substance abuse vibe; perhaps one that was a lingering issue and the incident in the hotel was the final straw. Nichushkin was then sent to Denver with security for is own well-being.
Perhaps the Avs are demanding treatment and he's resisting. That's a sensative topic you dont exactly want to go to the media with.
From dealing with family members with substance abuse issues, if they don't want help it's impossible to force them. Hopefully that's not what's happening here

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Galaxy Quest. everytime I watch it I catch more subtext. Total Oscar snub to Alan Rickman. Actually, pretty effecting when he Quilek with the line he hates.

Spaceballs you can see Mel Brooks losing his delivery. The jokes are too explain. Like "comb the desert!" just cut to Col. Sanderz asking "Are we being too literal?" and cut to the Spaceballs with combs.
Yeah, there are some all-time great Brooks gags in that movie (the videotape scene kills me every time), but there are quite a few jokes that misfire or fall flat, too. It's a mixed bag of a movie, but Galaxy Quest is pure gold start to finish.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The neutered version of the character that made it to the screen sucked so bad it ruined the source material. I was kinda hoping James Gunn would feature a more proper version when he made a cameo in GotG but alas I don’t think we ever saw him arson.

Starship Troopers was great in theory, execution was off the mark. Could’ve been great, settled for mediocre.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
As a diehard Trekkie…I agree.
Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, and First Contact are the only ones that are truly good movies. I like Search for Spock and Voyage Home, but they're pretty dumb. Insurrection is pretty boring for a movie, more like an average 3 part TNG episode, but it's tolerable. The Motion Picture, Final Frontier, Generations, Nemesis, and the 3 JJ Trek movies are trash. Can't believe some of the nonsense they did in those JJ Trek movies (trans-warp beaming literally makes the need for starships nonexistent, magic blood that can cure death takes away any stakes, the ability to transport nuclear weapons onto enemy ships through shields makes all space battles pointless, etc).

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It's not a movie, but if you are looking for good sci-fi to watch, Amazon Prime's the Expanse is incredible. Someone on here recommended the books to me back when I went under the knife a few years ago. I was hooked but it was easier to watch the show than read the books. My attention span being what it is these days.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, and First Contact are the only ones that are truly good movies. I like Search for Spock and Voyage Home, but they're pretty dumb. Insurrection is pretty boring for a movie, more like an average 3 part TNG episode, but it's tolerable. The Motion Picture, Final Frontier, Generations, Nemesis, and the 3 JJ Trek movies are trash. Can't believe some of the nonsense they did in those JJ Trek movies (trans-warp beaming literally makes the need for starships nonexistent, magic blood that can cure death takes away any stakes, the ability to transport nuclear weapons onto enemy ships through shields makes all space battles pointless, etc).
Could not agree with you more. I’ve actually never seen ST5 in its entirety because it’s so universally despised and probably never will.

Took them 20 years and the final season of Picard to finally undo the damage the TNG films wrought but they managed to pull it off.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yeah, there are some all-time great Brooks gags in that movie (the videotape scene kills me every time), but there are quite a few jokes that misfire or fall flat, too. It's a mixed bag of a movie, but Galaxy Quest is pure gold start to finish.
Tony Shaloob eating Cheez-n-Crackers my be my favorite throw away gag ever.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
I am pretty sure Nuke will never play again in the NHL. 100% not with the Avs. His incident just cost them the playoffs.

Maybe, but the Avs are likely better off losing in round 1 than round 2 just for the additional rest and avoiding the sure to come injuries. They clearly weren't repeating this year. He will 100% play again in the NHL, hopefully with the Avs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alienblood

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Haven't been here in a loooong time... is there any credible source or information about this incident yet? Or still just baseless speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad