Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm sure he made it known to stand behind him that's how he rolls. He's the boss man of this team , make no mistake.

Val.has 1 more chance
When the window is quickly closing one more chance at ruining the playoff run seems like a lot doesn't it.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
When the window is quickly closing one more chance at ruining the playoff run seems like a lot doesn't it.
They weren't winning the last 2 seasons anyways.

I'd bet that given MacKinnon's competitive streak, he's probably the most pissed off about losing 2 consecutive playoffs in part due to Nuke's actions.
No doubt but would likely blame himself as much as anything and I'm sure he knew they weren't winning anyways

Doesn't mean he wouldn't have your back that's how people are in NS

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
So. This might mean they have some cap concerns coming around November/December?
There will be no cap concerns come November or December. We have a very smart GM who will get rid of players like Ross Colton or some other contracts that we deem useless. Nuke and Landy can stay. They are the good guys. Viking and Train.

Reactions: Alienblood

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Laughing at the thought of Nate checking like a parole officer to see how Val is doing (if he's clean) every week. Odds are Val plays for the Avs again but I'm still not willing say it's certain.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Val preparing to derail a 3rd playoff run:

1724381442958.gif

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I hope Nuke gets right. But I’d bet he’s railing lines right now. And hope he finds his way off the Avs still.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Val's still a human being that I have cheered for very much. Good chance he was doing this stuff all along. Am I supposed to now go back and pretend I didn't absolutely go crazy every time he scored a huge goal for us?

I'm just so torn personally because obviously I'm a sucker for the human story and my general tendency it to really hope people are able to learn and overcome...this is part of the whole process of life. So I want him to succeed. But I really don't want to trust him on my favorite hockey team taking up that amount cap space for six years. Weird situation where the "normal me" is becoming a bit uncomfortable with the thought that the "fan me" is putting my desire for convenience and an early resolution for a team I cheer for over my desire for Nuke to get seriously straight and right.

Last edited:

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
I mean what else are they going to do this season?

There is no choice - the Avs and MacSakic tried every which way to void/terminate/dump Nuke's contract this off-season and they were told uniformly and definitively "no" by the NHL/NHLPA/ etc. He's coming back sometime in the fall.

For how long is up to him. And the Avs if they go the trade route.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
There is no choice - the Avs and MacSakic tried every which way to void/terminate/dump Nuke's contract this off-season and they were told uniformly and definitively "no" by the NHL/NHLPA/ etc. He's coming back sometime in the fall.

For how long is up to him. And the Avs if they go the trade route.
Yep. Nuke will play for the Avs this season once he is ready. There is no other realistic option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad