Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

Avs44

May 16, 2011
What if they convert Nuke to center and put him on 4th line? We do need a 4C and maybe given new responsibility, he will quit doing drugs.

I mean since there are like million speculations and suggestions already, I’m just throwing another one out there
Fourth line? So that what, Bednar can give him and the rest of the fourth line their six minutes of ice time under his genius time allotment schemes? Nuke would have to do lines on the bench just to stay awake!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Fourth line? So that what, Bednar can give him and the rest of the fourth line their six minutes of ice time under his genius time allotment schemes? Nuke would have to do lines on the bench just to stay awake!
I mean the 4th line should get more ice time with Val on it

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What if they convert Nuke to center and put him on 4th line? We do need a 4C and maybe given new responsibility, he will quit doing drugs.

I mean since there are like million speculations and suggestions already, I’m just throwing another one out there
Fourth line makes sense. He’d much rather 4 lines than 1 line.

Last edited:

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Not gonna lie, that Russian interview he did two summers ago after the cup win really led me the wrong way on Nuke. It still is one of the best sports interviews I have read, in no small part because we literally never hear the guy talk. But he did seem very down to earth and honest. Oh well.

Reactions: MacKaRant

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but...Cale slicing Gabe's knee wasn't an accident.
shocked-surprised.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nuke is a trash human, doing trash things. Avs could have handled this perfectly, and it would still end up the same. Nuke is the guy who in his early years in Dallas asked the Stars staff find him hookers.
Then the Avs knew what they were doing when they re-upped him for 8 years. They are responsible for this.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Then the Avs knew what they were doing when they re-upped him for 8 years. They are responsible for this.
The Avs are no different than any other professional sports organization. Sometimes you take chances on questionable characters and hope you keep them in line. That's also why these teams have off duty cops as fixers. None of that should shield Nuke for his responsibility either. Avs are not without blame here, but Nuke should take the lion's share.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The Avs are no different than any other professional sports organization. Sometimes you take chances on questionable characters and hope you keep them in line. That's also why these teams have off duty cops as fixers. None of that should shield Nuke for his responsibility either. Avs are not without blame here, but Nuke should take the lion's share.
Oh, I'm not really blaming the Avs for this... however, it's really difficult for me to generate any amount of sympathy for our front office either. In fact, if this was any other organization I'd pretty much be laughing my ass off, so it's hard for me to get too bent out of shape that it's happening to my team.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The man was covered in red flags when he came to Colorado on a cheap-ass deal. Luckily he put in enough effort to help win them a Cup eventually. Remember he's the rare bird that somehow found a way to burn bridges in the KHL as well, and that league is literally signing players set to go on trial for gang raping a girl.

It's a shame because he's such an immensely talented and smart (at least on the ice) player, he was an absolute blast to watch, especially in those matchups against St. Louis where he was, like, the only guy who could just stuff Ryan O'Reilly into a locker whenever the latter took to the ice. But I'm completely done rooting for him, even if he comes back to Colorado and plays (which I doubt happens).

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The man was covered in red flags when he came to Colorado on a cheap-ass deal. Luckily he put in enough effort to help win them a Cup eventually. Remember he's the rare bird that somehow found a way to burn bridges in the KHL as well, and that league is literally signing players set to go on trial for gang raping a girl.

It's a shame because he's such an immensely talented and smart (at least on the ice) player, he was an absolute blast to watch, especially in those matchups against St. Louis where he was, like, the only guy who could just stuff Ryan O'Reilly into a locker whenever the latter took to the ice. But I'm completely done rooting for him, even if he comes back to Colorado and plays (which I doubt happens).
Sad part is we all know whichever team picks him up for cheap will get an absolute steal and he'll go off on that team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad