Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Where it has been confirmed that Nuke has a problem with cocaine?
It hasn't been confirmed, but cocaine is the weapon of choice for the majority of NHL players so there's a good chance Nuke is in this predicament, especially considering Kuzy has been caught with it. Most NHL Russians are good friends with each other due to the lack of Eastern European culture in the United States, so they probably share a lot of common behavioural traits with each other. Think about it, would the NHL have been this crazy if Nuke was doing alcohol or weed? Likely no, the common denominator out of all of this is a drug easier to get, but still illegal.

Last edited:

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
The most public 'confirmation' is a 'party drug.' Its cocaine though, not at all a secret.

Isn’t lot of prescription drugs used as an party drug nowadays?

I could believe that cocaine might be issue in this case but i also remember how Nuke was pulled with cart out of the Amelie Arena because of his leg was f***ed up.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Immediate options... not much. The buyout window is over. They can trade, but Nuke has a full NMC for this season, so they'd have to work with him to move. They can try to work with him to mutually terminate, that's about the only option today and requires working with Nuke. They can terminate the contract by themselves the day it is reinstated (which will end up in arbitration).
They’re in a tough spot.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
They’re in a tough spot.
I think the worst part is they're someone what stuck more so because of what Nuke just did. I think the current team would be fine to have him off the roster no matter what it took. The Avs lawyers who I'd imagine are incredibly smart and talented probably have enough of a case to terminate his contract and get out of it entirely. The risk there is how future players see management, partially because of what Nuke said, but also the look of using legal methods to void a contract.

If he's in the position he's in currently, he has almost guaranteed already broken his contract, and the team should be in the free to punt him back to the KHL. Unfortunately the NHLPA will defend him even though it really shouldn't. They've looked out for the interests of family abusers...

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What if they convert Nuke to center and put him on 4th line? We do need a 4C and maybe given new responsibility, he will quit doing drugs.

I mean since there are like million speculations and suggestions already, I’m just throwing another one out there

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad