Preseason - what have we learned?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
First look at a bunch of the new arrivals and a new chance for the kids to show where they are, some impressed, some not so much.

How has the preseason changed your opinion of some of these guys.

To me the good surprises
Kastelic - ideal 4th liner. Thought he was an afterthought throw in on the Ullmark trade, but looks like a guy to build the bottom of the roster around
Kuntar- he's growing and keeping the motor
Zadorov - has offensive instincts I didn't expect and sees the ice better too
Brazzeau - keep waiting for him to turn into a pumkin
Koepke - kept thinking he was a NHLer out there till they said his name and I thought "who?"

The dissapointments
Tufte - So awkward in his size
Beecher - still seems stuck in second gear
Merkulov - was hoping he'd take a step and seize a spot
Farinacci and Harrison- long shots for sure but I was pulling for them to show something

Everyone else were in the middle somewhere of what I expected- Lysell and Bussi improved the more they played.

What'd you see?

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
The Bruins defense is going to be really good. They are going to make it difficult for teams to score.

Sweezey was impressive. He played simple and physical hockey. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep 8 dman.

Korpi and Bussi may be able to hold the fort down for a little but longterm its questionable. They both played well though.

Forward group is not very talented and a lot of prospects didn't impress me much. They have a glaring top six RW issue but have a lot of quality bottom six players.

I think Koepke makes the team and I think Tyler Johnson gets a contract. They both showed flashes in the preseason and I think it may be necessary to lean on the "vets" to start the year because of the uncertainty of goaltending.

The success of the team hinges on getting Poitras and Lysell to be full time players. They looked the best of the prospect bunch, which is a good sign but they need to start incorporating youth and offensive creativity to the forward group.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
A lot of prospects/rookies really struggled and I’d say the majority of young guys looked really out of place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad