Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Here we go.....This gonna get even more "ugly" over the summer.....

I hope the AVS have hired the best lawyers they can get......

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Second episode about Colorado and Valerey Nichushkin

Main quote:

About the situation in Seattle:
“It was the most difficult season, there were a lot of injuries in the team all season. I missed 2 months due to bursitis. I also had a shoulder injury, which constantly bothered me. I always had problems sleeping, but because of the pain in my shoulder, the situation with my sleep got worse. They did an MRI and they couldn’t decide whether to have surgery or not. In the end, they decided not to do it and gave me injections in my shoulder. These injections stopped helping and they decided to inject me with another drug. When we flew to Seattle, they decided that I would not play the match due to a shoulder injury, because I needed to not bother my shoulder for a while until the drug starts working and everyone on the team knew that I would not play until the end of the round. It put a lot of pressure on the psyche and was very annoying. I had friends in Seattle at that moment and I made the wrong decision, we hung out with them at night and in the morning I flew to Denver. This girl in my room has nothing to do with me. The club advised me not to give any comments, and I myself was not emotionally ready to explain all this. This was probably the wrong decision and it was necessary to tell the whole situation right away so that there weren’t a bunch of different rumors. If we had made it to the second round, I would have been ready to play."

As I understood his story, he knew that he would not play against Seattle and went drinking with friends at night, and apparently this girl was in this company, or his friends hired her as a prostitute.

Bull shit.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Second episode about Colorado and Valerey Nichushkin

Main quote:

About the situation in Seattle:
“It was the most difficult season, there were a lot of injuries in the team all season. I missed 2 months due to bursitis. I also had a shoulder injury, which constantly bothered me. I always had problems sleeping, but because of the pain in my shoulder, the situation with my sleep got worse. They did an MRI and they couldn’t decide whether to have surgery or not. In the end, they decided not to do it and gave me injections in my shoulder. These injections stopped helping and they decided to inject me with another drug. When we flew to Seattle, they decided that I would not play the match due to a shoulder injury, because I needed to not bother my shoulder for a while until the drug starts working and everyone on the team knew that I would not play until the end of the round. It put a lot of pressure on the psyche and was very annoying. I had friends in Seattle at that moment and I made the wrong decision, we hung out with them at night and in the morning I flew to Denver. This girl in my room has nothing to do with me. The club advised me not to give any comments, and I myself was not emotionally ready to explain all this. This was probably the wrong decision and it was necessary to tell the whole situation right away so that there weren’t a bunch of different rumors. If we had made it to the second round, I would have been ready to play."

As I understood his story, he knew that he would not play against Seattle and went drinking with friends at night, and apparently this girl was in this company, or his friends hired her as a prostitute.

Nuke doesn’t do drugs! He doesn’t even drink!!

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Some thoughts...
1. He played on April 20th, the team flew to Seattle on the the 21st, and he flew back to Denver on the 22nd, the morning of the game. Somehow in the afternoon it of the 21st it was decided that he would fly back to Denver and miss the rest of the series? Did the team even practice on the 21st? This timeline seems suspect.
2nd. So you "went out" with some freinds. A girl was involved, as well as your hotel room. But somehow you were not involved? It's very hard to buy the idea that you were not involved at all.
3rd. You were apparently injured and out for the rest of the series, but Bednar stated multiple times that it was for personal reasons. We all know that Bednar is very tight lipped when it comes to the nature of injuries, but he does achknowledge when it is an injury. Why would he claim personal reasons if it was an injury?
4th. This interview apparently happened before the suspension, but we now know it was strike three. If the Seattle incident wasn't strike one, what was?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Are there some boys and girls in here who really believe this team and locker welcomes this guy back with open arms.....😲😄
Yes.

If not with “open arms”, they’ll tolerate his return with little open resisitance.

Because they may not have any choice.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Maybe the drug test Val failed wasn’t cocaine but performance enhancing stuff? Steroids or something maybe

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Maybe the drug test Val failed wasn’t cocaine but performance enhancing stuff? Steroids or something maybe
Isn't there a different protocol for PED abuse?

And AFAIK, it has never been established that Nuke has been coked up. I thought there were rumblings that it was opioids, painkillers.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Isn't there a different protocol for PED abuse?

And AFAIK, it has never been established that Nuke has been coked up. I thought there were rumblings that it was opioids, painkillers.
That I don’t know

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
giphy.gif

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That I don’t know
47.7 Disciplinary Penalties.
(a) Positive tests for performance enhancing substances on the Prohibited Substances
List will result in mandatory discipline as follows:

(i) for the first positive test, a suspension of twenty (20) NHL Games without
pay, and mandatory referral to the SABH Program for evaluation and
possible treatment;

(ii) for the second positive test, a suspension of sixty (60) NHL Games
without pay, and mandatory referral to the SABH Program for evaluation
and possible treatment;

(iii) for the third positive test, a "permanent" suspension, although a Player so
suspended can reapply for discretionary reinstatement after a minimum
period of two (2) years by making an application to the Program
Committee

Reactions: the_fan

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
“It was the most difficult season, there were a lot of injuries in the team all season. I missed 2 months due to bursitis. I also had a shoulder injury, which constantly bothered me. I always had problems sleeping, but because of the pain in my shoulder, the situation with my sleep got worse. They did an MRI and they couldn’t decide whether to have surgery or not. In the end, they decided not to do it and gave me injections in my shoulder. These injections stopped helping and they decided to inject me with another drug. When we flew to Seattle, they decided that I would not play the match due to a shoulder injury, because I needed to not bother my shoulder for a while until the drug starts working and everyone on the team knew that I would not play until the end of the round. It put a lot of pressure on the psyche and was very annoying. I had friends in Seattle at that moment and I made the wrong decision, we hung out with them at night and in the morning I flew to Denver. This girl in my room has nothing to do with me. The club advised me not to give any comments, and I myself was not emotionally ready to explain all this. This was probably the wrong decision and it was necessary to tell the whole situation right away so that there weren’t a bunch of different rumors. If we had made it to the second round, I would have been ready to play.”

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The part I believe is making him play through injuries and lol about the teammate who got injured partying. He would have never gone to Seattle if he was going to sit out, that whole part I have a hard time believing but up to that point I think it’s the truth.

There was a rumor floated that he was going to play if they made it to the second round which I guess sort of fits that but I don’t really buy it.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No, if that was the case what the team and teammates said after he got caught would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's cocaine.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad