Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Porto, my favourite place on Earth.

- Great food, great wine
- Weather never too hot or too cold
- Less tourism than Lisbon
- People are genuine and welcoming
- Taxes very low
- Beautiful architecture
- Best football team in the world

View attachment 892525
Gotta join the Porto love train. Was there in 2019 and made it back again last summer -- absolute favorite destination. Also, so easy to find empty beach space.

• Love
Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This is funny, from the article:

If you follow Val on social media, you’ll see that he appears to be in Italy

One paragraph later:

Chris MacFarland talked a little bit about the situation and what kind of updates they’re getting. “I think Val is over in Russia, to our knowledge, doing his rehab work as part of the NHL program,” he said.

:laugh:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's not so much about him being in Italy, it's about him posting about it on Instagram. Just like he did last summer with that photo of him posing with a firearm. He doesn't give a f*** about optics, and clearly hasn't learned a thing.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
It's not so much about him being in Italy, it's about him posting about it on Instagram. Just like he did last summer with that photo of him posing with a firearm. He doesn't give a f*** about optics, and clearly hasn't learned a thing.
More for the lawyers to use..

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Imagine -- the Avs are finding out where Nichushkin, supposedly in "rehab," is in the world the exact same way we are: through f***ing instagram. Wonder if they have some unpaid eager summer intern trying to keep track his whereabouts through social media :laugh:

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Nuke is such a good player, but absolute joke of a human. Russians just have a different culture. I have a colleague who is Russian and every work trip he's just hammered to a different level, sometimes while on the job. I'd be shocked if he makes it past 45-50.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Imagine -- the Avs are finding out where Nichushkin, supposedly in "rehab," is in the world the exact same way we are: through f***ing instagram. Wonder if they have some unpaid eager summer intern trying to keep track his whereabouts through social media :laugh:
An Austin Powers esque spy type movie where Val tries to evade the Avs intern tailing him.

The stakes are low.

Until its revealed that Cmac is actually an under cover double agent sent by the Blue Jackets.

Nuke needs to team up with an old friend (Kadri) to defeat Cmacs evil plot, which is to raise the Colorado tax rate by 1% and poop in the Colorado River.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
And he never has to even talk about it, he’s been coddled by the Avs org and media relations.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
An Austin Powers esque spy type movie where Val tries to evade the Avs intern tailing him.

The stakes are low.

Until its revealed that Cmac is actually an under cover double agent sent by the Blue Jackets.

Nuke needs to team up with an old friend (Kadri) to defeat Cmacs evil plot, which is to raise the Colorado tax rate by 1% and poop in the Colorado River.
Better plot than half the crap on Netflix right now.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Porto, my favourite place on Earth.

- Great food, great wine
- Weather never too hot or too cold
- Less tourism than Lisbon
- People are genuine and welcoming
- Taxes very low
- Beautiful architecture
- Best football team in the world

View attachment 892525
Less tourism hah. Might be true but it's still overrun with tourism. Really unbearable when I went in Spring. Can't even fathom what summer looks like. And best football team in the world lol. What is it 2005?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Interesti
I think he was alluding to table football (or foosball as the locals call it)
Interesting trivia I learned a few days ago. I was watching an interview (can't recall who) and they said that the term soccer actually originated from England. It comes from Englishmen referring to the Association. They were shortening the word to Assoc. The trend at the time was to add "er" at the end of a lot of words and therefore the term "assoccer" started then becoming "soccer". North America adopted the term then England dropped the "slang" word "soccer" but never told the Americans so it stuck over here. So the British only have themselves to blame for us calling the sport soccer. :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Certainly last summers intern quit after the AK photos.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Man, I don't know what to think of the latest report about CMac not being even interested in trading Nuke at this point.

On one hand... Seriously dude, you had someone call you up and offered to actually give you something of use and you didn't take it? Almost grounds for termination.

Then on the other... You have a player who is struggling with addiction, and are standing behind him, giving him every opportunity to get his life and then career back on track. This is a tremendous display of humanity in an era and business known for its ruthless disregard of player health. This is exactly the kind of support an addict could use in recovery.

I can see where CMac's heart is and I truly appreciate that. If only I had any reason to believe Nuke was taking this as seriously. That's the problem with loving an addict. You know more often then not, statistically, they are going to let you down and hurt you. But for those that truly succeed and make a recovery, they often talk about the support and love they received even when they didn't deserve it. It's so damn hard if it's a friend or family member, but to navigate through this and also have to include the business aspect of being the GM responsible for the team on the ice can't make this any easier. I don't envy CMac this whole situation.

I still think my biggest beef is that I'm hearing this was an issue with the Avs before they signed him to this extension. If they truly knew this could be something, why in the world did they give money, term and movement protection to him? It's not like the contract was considered a discount at the time he signed it. He wouldn't have gotten much more, if any, on the open market at the time.

Also, totally off-topic.. but what if Nuke's contract had been structured so he got signing bonuses on July 1st of each year to make it buy-out proof. If a player is suspended on July 1st, when the signing bonus is due, would they forfeit the full amount?

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Interesting take from the insider, opposite of what we've been thinking. Teams are asking about Nuke, but Avs don't want to trade him. I do wonder if that is true.
Is it we'll take Nuke and a first off of your hands in exchange for future considerations type of trades?

Or an actual asset being offered?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think people are overcomplicating this.

The Avs are a better team with Nuke when playing, and I don't believe CMac + co. think they're a $6 mil replacement player away from winning the cup. You need luck to win the cup, and they're just gambling he won't get caught again.

Reactions: Alienblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad