Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Visited Lisbon, took a train ride down the coast, saw Pena palace. Warm, friendly people and extremely beautiful country.
Seconded. Did Lisbon, Porto, Sintra, and the Algarves with my wife. Amazing trip. Porto for me has to be one of the most underrated European cities. Beautiful, charming, easily walkable, and not stuffed to the brim with tourists.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Seconded. Did Lisbon, Porto, Sintra, and the Algarves with my wife. Amazing trip. Porto for me has to be one of the most underrated European cities. Beautiful, charming, easily walkable, and not stuffed to the brim with tourists.

Portugal is great! Cycled from Madrid to Sagres to Lissabon last summer. Awesome area, great food and great people.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Chris Johnston says the Avs are telling teams they're not trading Val while he's suspended because the first thing they want to make sure is he's doing alright coming out of this.

This better be some PR spin to look good or make it sound like teams are interested. They should be calling the trade in as soon as someone calls.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Mangy it's a totally different culture in Russia then here. Val's friends who are probably not hockey players had to join the army and serve their time. Every man had to go in service for certain amount of months. After being sent back home they probably let them have those guns or AK-47's and bring them home. They even gave things like gas masks for him and his family members just in case and encouraged to go to a shooting range to practice firing the guns just in case a war brakes out and someone tries to invade them.
Thanks for the education broski

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Chris Johnston says the Avs are telling teams they're not trading Val while he's suspended because the first thing they want to make sure is he's doing alright coming out of this.
:laugh:

Only way that makes sense is teams are only offering massive cap dumps in return. Instead of selling at ultra negative value they want to see how he plays before trading him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lmao the Avs just wanna make sure he isn't an absolute coke fiend banging broads left and right come mid-November.

So long as they can ensure that I bet we see his ass traded on November 15th.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I’d take a 7th round pick for him at this point.

If we lose the trade, fine, but he’s screwed us out of two prime Cup years back-to-back.

I would never trust him again. Period.
Yea a 7th rd pick is more than fine but a very bad contract for multiple years isn't. Like you don't trade him for Darnell Nurse or Brendan Gallagher.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Porto was my original first choice to move to from Denver, but I decided I wanted warmer weather than what that part of Portugal can offer so I wound up in Spain. Portugal is a wonderful country though!

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Porto, my favourite place on Earth.

- Great food, great wine
- Weather never too hot or too cold
- Less tourism than Lisbon
- People are genuine and welcoming
- Taxes very low
- Beautiful architecture
- Best football team in the world

1720188758089.jpeg

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
The worst part is he’s put the Avs in such a bad predicament in the middle of their cup window. If they get out of his contract he likely signs a cheap deal in Edmonton and helps them win a cup!

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The worst part is he’s put the Avs in such a bad predicament in the middle of their cup window. If they get out of his contract he likely signs a cheap deal in Edmonton and helps them win a cup!

This isn’t the middle of the cup window, it’s the back half or more likely the end. All the expensive extensions kick in and the days of depth are gone.

He screwed over our middle already with 2023 and 2024.

Reactions: The Moops

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Ehhhhhh, something tells me Nichushkin isn't particularly interested in living in Edmonton or Canada.

I'm not sure he's going to get another contract in the NHL. The way hew headed, my money is one a brief 2-3 month return with the Avs, followed by a stage 4, one year suspension in which I don't think the league reinstates him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad