Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
My expectation is if Nuke comes back, he'll be fantastic through the deadline. A week or two after, he get pinched and suspended for a whole year. Taking him out of the playoffs for a third year in a row, and then keeping the limbo going for 25-26.
That scenario better not happen. :laugh:

Reactions: dahrougem2

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Positive test during the playoffs tells you everything you need to know - the dudes always high. He’s a high performance athlete that shit wouldn’t be in his system longer than ~48 hours
With the amount of energy these athletes expel and their level of fitness and metabolism... I wouldn't be shocked if that is even lower to the 36 or less hour range. Dude was snorting rails up to the very end.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Cocaine is WIDELY considered a PED amongst sporting authorities. The only reason it isn't by the NHL is the NHLPA specifically negotiated it out of the banned PED list.
I thought he was also drunk a f? Alcohol at the level I played at was probably more of a performance enhancer than a detriment. But for pro athletes it's probably not a good thing.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
With the amount of energy these athletes expel and their level of fitness and metabolism... I wouldn't be shocked if that is even lower to the 36 or less hour range. Dude was snorting rails up to the very end.
The dangerous thing, if this is in fact what had been happening (and I don't personally disbelieve it), is that it certainly feels like a matter of time before he overdoses. If he keeps upping the ante, his body will require more to achieve that high, before long it's too much.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I thought he was also drunk a f? Alcohol at the level I played at was probably more of a performance enhancer than a detriment. But for pro athletes it's probably not a good thing.
According to his agent, Nuke doesn't drink or do drugs. :sarcasm:

Nuke is getting pinched because of cocaine. Not alcohol, not pills, coke.

The dangerous thing, if this is in fact what had been happening (and I don't personally disbelieve it), is that it certainly feels like a matter of time before he overdoses. If he keeps upping the ante, his body will require more to achieve that high, before long it's too much.

Contrary to what DARE taught us, it is much harder than you'd think to OD on cocaine... especially if you're snorting it or rubbing on the gums. Shooting coke is much more likely to cause an OD, but I'd doubt he's there. I'd be more concerned about fentanyl being laced in. Given what he can pay though, I'd doubt that is a huge risk.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I have been believing for a while now that the great Nuke is the guy on cocaine. IMO he is not as good when he is off of it and it is one of the reasons why he keeps going back to it. Now he is most likely hooked on it and doesn't seem to care he is.

Reactions: katfude and SB

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I have been believing for a while now that the great Nuke is the guy on cocaine. IMO he is not as good when he is off of it and it is one of the reasons why he keeps going back to it. Now he is most likely hooked on it and doesn't seem to care he is.
Wouldn't shock me if this is the case. Guy was dominant during the SCF and his foot was mangled.

He was probably just loaded during the playoffs.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Anybody really thinking about it knows this.
I was watching many of Nukes post celebration goals and on some of them I noticed that he was laughing at himself or about the play he made especially when scoring on the breakaway. MacK is our boss so if Mack wants Nukie to come back then we have no choice. Hopefully Nukie has learned his lesson after 3 attempted fails.

Reactions: Alienblood

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Kind of feel like likelihood of him coming back has only risen. I think they wouldve been a bit more aggressive with the mitts and drouin deals if they were expecting him off the books

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Kind of feel like likelihood of him coming back has only risen. I think they wouldve been a bit more aggressive with the mitts and drouin deals if they were expecting him off the books
More like they wanted to get rid of him, couldn't without outrageous cost, so the best plan is to keep him and pray. Which isn't something you want.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
More money and term for MittelJost with what money? Also Drouin's 1 year "prove it wasn't a fluke year" deal was the prudent thing to do irregardless of the Nuke situation.
If mitts is a key piece, you move some money around. I doubt it would be crazy money to move. Likely around one million more per give or take. If ritchie can replace him great but mitts would have plenty of trade value. Maybe drouin deal was prudent but i think we look back on it wishing we got term

More like they wanted to get rid of him, couldn't without outrageous cost, so the best plan is to keep him and pray. Which isn't something you want.
Its possible thats the reason. Still just my opinion hes back. Nobody knows until it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad