Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Rehabbing at birthday parties dressed as…?

View attachment 891212

Now he's in Italy!

1719952149721.png

This dude hasn't spent a f***ing second in rehab guaranteed.

I'd bet money the Avs are just waiting for him to fail his next test again.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
You guys think the player assistance program’s equivalent of rehab is anything like being cooped up at some facility like the rest of us normies? Get real.

I don’t care what he’s doing as long as he doesn’t fail a drug test during the playoffs again. The quality of his life, his wellness, his family - that’s important, but his own business.

Reactions: Alienblood

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm wondering why CMac doesn't reach out to TMZ to get one of their dudes to just follow Nuke for a couple of weeks taking pictures. Seems like it would be the quickest way to bring this to a head.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
The photo of him with the AK is such a Chelyabinsk man photo
Mangy it's a totally different culture in Russia then here. Val's friends who are probably not hockey players had to join the army and serve their time. Every man had to go in service for certain amount of months. After being sent back home they probably let them have those guns or AK-47's and bring them home. They even gave things like gas masks for him and his family members just in case and encouraged to go to a shooting range to practice firing the guns just in case a war brakes out and someone tries to invade them.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm wondering why CMac doesn't reach out to TMZ to get one of their dudes to just follow Nuke for a couple of weeks taking pictures. Seems like it would be the quickest way to bring this to a head.
Unfortunately, the geopolitical circumstances are not really favourable for that sort of stuff. You might quickly find yourself in trial for 10 years in Russian prison as an enemy of the state.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Mangy it's a totally different culture in Russian then here. Val's friends who are probably not hockey players had to join the army and serve their time. Every man had to go in service for certain amount of months. After being sent back home they probably let them have those guns or AK-47's and bring them home. They even gave things like gas masks for him and his family members just in case and encouraged to go to a shooting range to practice firing the guns just in case a war brakes out and someone tries to invade them.
That's 100% what doesn't happen. Russia actually has a fairly strict gun control, because why would you want to give them citizens guns in a totalitarian state? You can have firearms, but it seems like a tedious process compared to most of Europe, which Americans seem to think as "gun free". But the gun Val has, is probably just a civilian Saiga.

The bolded part made me laugh. Russia doesn't get invaded. They mainly invade other people. They don't train to defend their motherland, they train to enslave other people.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
That's 100% what doesn't happen. Russia actually has a fairly strict gun control, because why would you want to give them citizens guns in a totalitarian state? You can have firearms, but it seems like a tedious process compared to most of Europe, which Americans seem to think as "gun free". But the gun Val has, is probably just a civilian Saiga.

The bolded part made me laugh. Russia doesn't get invaded. They mainly invade other people. They don't train to defend their motherland, they train to enslave other people.
Other than by Hitler in the 20th century, Napoleon in the 19th century and Charles XII in the 18th century.

I'm thinking they are about due. :sarcasm:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Mangy it's a totally different culture in Russia then here. Val's friends who are probably not hockey players had to join the army and serve their time. Every man had to go in service for certain amount of months. After being sent back home they probably let them have those guns or AK-47's and bring them home. They even gave things like gas masks for him and his family members just in case and encouraged to go to a shooting range to practice firing the guns just in case a war brakes out and someone tries to invade them.

IMG_1196.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You'd be a fool to believe that:

1) Nuke thinks he has a problem
and
2) Nuke is going to fix an issue that he doesn't even believe he has

He never asked for help, he was forced into the program because the team needed to save face. He's only the victim of being tested by the PAP. To him it's just bad luck.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Val knows one more f*** up and his career in the NHL could be over. I have a feeling, he’s gonna come back and be good from now on for the Avs

Spot on mate. He'll come back focused. He's also back sooner than people think. Seems like people think they just "know" him in thread.

I don't of course either, but I'm willing to back any human when it comes to redemption..

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You'd be a fool to believe that:

1) Nuke thinks he has a problem
and
2) Nuke is going to fix an issue that he doesn't even believe he has

He never asked for help, he was forced into the program because the team needed to save face. He's only the victim of being tested by the PAP. To him it's just bad luck.
Sure, but he also has to play along to get his money. Money is a hell of a motivator for change. Not saying I believe it will happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad