Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EdAVSfan

Aug 28, 2009
I don't want Nuke back, he can well and truly f*** off -- but this quote certainly indicates that the leadership of the team might not be nearly as done with his BS as I thought they would be...now I think he might actually get yet another chance, if this quote is any indication of MacK's actually feelings on the matter.
Agreed. As much as we think we know, the Avs players may have a completely different feel.

Perhaps management has explained their options and the players may feel like the risk is worth more than the alternative.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Mack may just trying to be professional but its also possible stances have softened. Only natural for most people to start softening their stance when somebody close to them screws up. When val messed up the first time i wanted him gone but as soon as games began, the past was the past. If val is back, thats likely how ill feel again. Im sure they have mixed emotions. Trust is lost but they still care about him and know they are a better team with him

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't want Nuke back, he can well and truly f*** off -- but this quote certainly indicates that the leadership of the team might not be nearly as done with his BS as I thought they would be...now I think he might actually get yet another chance, if this quote is any indication of MacK's actually feelings on the matter.

I just don't see Mack as someone who is going to play media games. He doesn't like talking to reporters as it is...

For him to say anything at all speaks volumes.

I've been more in Nuke's corner than a lot of people throughout this stuff, but even I don't really have any faith left. Clearly the core of this team does though, and I get it.

I have friends who I wouldn't trust alone in my house that I've been to war with. Great soldiers, but shitty people outside of that.

Winning the Cup together is probably similar. Not saying anything about Nuke there, just that they have Clearly decided to be loyal throughout this situation. He's on a good contract that fits, like Landy, and is the only player that works as hard on the ice outside of Mack.

His future with the team is up to him I think. It makes some sense.. If they support him and he zeros himself out, fine, but if he doesn't or does for long enough for another run with Landeskog playing I can see the value.

The teams identity really is centered around how those two play. Having both allowed us to win a Cup.

It's not the only way, but it's the proven one with this coach.

To add a bit.. They were very loyal to Varly as an organization. I think that's something that needs to be remembered here. It might bite them in the ass, but they do have a reputation as a very respectable organization. Sort of the opposite of VGK, but there are different strategies for success, and Colorado does not have Vegas's advantages, yet still has three Cups in its lifetime as an organization.

Many fans, and organizations would love to have that level of success over what 30 years ish?

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Varly didn't f*** this team over in back to back playoff runs.

I hope the Avs rid themselves of Val Nichushkin the first chance they get.

Yeah, but we as fans are much colder than those closer to the situation. We only see 2 dimensions of this entire thing as a comparison to the core. Which we know is consulted, and put first with how Landeskog has been treated. They're going to ride it out until he says he's done 💯.

The Cup win makes them all cemented in history together. Get ready for that level of nepotism because we've already seen it before, and we know who Sakic was mentored by and played for.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not really… most are VERY lax. The NHL doesn’t care until the program. Many guys test positive for recreational drugs and it simply doesn’t matter or get addressed until they are in the PAP.
Yeah, let sleeping dogs lie here, we saw how bad the backlash was from the MLB fiasco around ten years back.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Mack is being honest here then CMac's job is much easier than we originally thought: just keep the cap space and welcome him back in November.

If the room wants him back I don't see CMac going against that. Too costy and too complicated.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
If Mack is being honest here then CMac's job is much easier than we originally thought: just keep the cap space and welcome him back in November.

If the room wants him back I don't see CMac going against that. Too costy and too complicated.
If Drouin is still in the plans, Landy still expected back, and Nuke comes back, there will be a cap dump to make it work.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
I just don't see Mack as someone who is going to play media games. He doesn't like talking to reporters as it is...

For him to say anything at all speaks volumes.

I've been more in Nuke's corner than a lot of people throughout this stuff, but even I don't really have any faith left. Clearly the core of this team does though, and I get it.

I have friends who I wouldn't trust alone in my house that I've been to war with. Great soldiers, but shitty people outside of that.

Winning the Cup together is probably similar. Not saying anything about Nuke there, just that they have Clearly decided to be loyal throughout this situation. He's on a good contract that fits, like Landy, and is the only player that works as hard on the ice outside of Mack.

His future with the team is up to him I think. It makes some sense.. If they support him and he zeros himself out, fine, but if he doesn't or does for long enough for another run with Landeskog playing I can see the value.

The teams identity really is centered around how those two play. Having both allowed us to win a Cup.

It's not the only way, but it's the proven one with this coach.

To add a bit.. They were very loyal to Varly as an organization. I think that's something that needs to be remembered here. It might bite them in the ass, but they do have a reputation as a very respectable organization. Sort of the opposite of VGK, but there are different strategies for success, and Colorado does not have Vegas's advantages, yet still has three Cups in its lifetime as an organization.

Many fans, and organizations would love to have that level of success over what 30 years ish?
It is a compelling argument. I would also support my close colleagues and friends to the end.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Avs are a significantly inferior team without Nuke, and good luck coming close to replacing him this off-season without any certainty on his cap hit.

Bring him back
And we'll be even worse off the next time he decides to do a line of coke off a hooker's ass in the middle of the playoffs.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Only half-kidding here: The Avs should pay to take Sevtlana, Anna, and however many nannies she wants on the road with them. Maybe in a room that shares a wall with Nuke.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Don't care how good he is, I hope to never see this bozo in an Avs jersey ever again. He'll f*** up again

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Agreed. As much as we think we know, the Avs players may have a completely different feel.

Perhaps management has explained their options and the players may feel like the risk is worth more than the alternative.

Then this locker has some serious issues, imho...

A player that single handly killed 2 playoff runs with a team in their prime and closing window can f*** himself.

If this team really welcomes his ass back, good night. This has drama written all over. No way this guy will stay sober for the rest of his contract, yet for another playoff-run.

Hell, i dont even think he makes it to November without another "accident".

I would also support my close colleagues and friends to the end.

The moment your friends and colleagues f*** you over again and again, you would be done with them. I bet on that.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Then this locker has some serious issues, imho...

A player that single handly killed 2 playoff runs with a team in their prime and closing window can f*** himself.

If this team really welcomes his ass back, good night. This has drama written all over. No way this guy will stay sober for the rest of his contract, yet for another playoff-run.

Hell, i dont even think he makes it to November without another "accident".

The moment your friends and colleagues f*** you over again and again, you would be done with them. I bet on that.
If that happens, he'll be suspended for all of next season and his cap for next year opens up a bunch of possibilities with players on 1 year deals.

I hope his next drug test is before free agency and I hope he fails it.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Putting all emotion about Nichushkin aside, we may have to simply accept that the Avs are in a real tough spot here, with few appealing options.

I suppose we’ll see in the next week or so, but he may be part of the equation in 24-25.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I personally would like to get rid of him, but if in fact the locker room is fine with giving him another chance, who am I to say no to that. Value wise, there won't be a better option for the top-6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad