Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Kiefer Sherwood to 2-Year, $1.5M AAV Deal

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Im very intrigued by this signing. he was one of my targets when the season ended. first round against vancouver he was very noticable. pissing off some vancouver guys with his play. fast, physical. havent had that since alex burrows/maxim lapierre back in 2010/2011. he will be a fan favourite in no time.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Really like this one.

Even if he doesn't provide more offense than he's shown, he'll do a much better job of being effective and consistent in a 4th line role than someone like Lafferty.

Reactions: wonton15

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Drance:

The Athletic said:
Canucks hockey operations think more highly of Sherwood than that, however, even if they’d be deeply reluctant to say so publicly. This is more a storyline for training camp and in season, but there’s a school of thought that with Sherwood’s speed and willingness to mix it up, it may be worth seeing whether Sherwood is capable of effectively complementing Pettersson in a second-line role at some point this season.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Think this is the Dakota Joshua breakout player out of this bunch. Love his game and the price.
I would’ve been over the moon if Heinen and Sherwood were brought in because Joshua left. But having all 3 is amazing. I love these high motor high floor players that can move up and down.

Reactions: Red

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Kid has a cool name.

There was just something so much more satisfying when it came to ripping shots with a wooden Sherwood hockey stick.

sherwood-hockey-stick-pmp-5030-sr_1.jpg

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
From the Athletic (note I continue to beat the paywall with print to PDF!):

Sherwood is tabbed as the Sam Lafferty replacement. He might be a smaller body, but the club wanted to bring in a fourth-line presence with a nastier game, a bottom-six winger who played to their identity on a more consistent basis than Lafferty managed last season.

Canucks hockey operations think more highly of Sherwood than that, however, even if they’d be deeply reluctant to say so publicly. This is more a storyline for training camp and in season, but there’s a school of thought that with Sherwood’s speed and willingness to mix it up, it may be worth seeing whether Sherwood is capable of effectively complementing Pettersson in a second-line role at some point this season.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad