Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
How the heck this wasn’t mentioned here already?

Losing Valeri Nichushkin - again: The star forward left the Avs in the middle of a tense playoff series for the second year in a row. Nichushkin was placed in Stage 3 of the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program ahead of Game 4 against the Stars, and is suspended without pay for six months.

"We just hope he finds peace, gets help," said MacKinnon, an alternate captain. "He's a great guy. He's a great teammate. We all love him. It's obviously bigger than the game, what he's going through. But we definitely miss him. He's a horse. He's one of the best two-way players in the league. He had nine goals (in eight playoff games) when we lost him. Huge hole, but we'll back next season and hopefully we have him for the rest of his career."

If the Dawg can forgive Val what he has done then i can also.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Losing Valeri Nichushkin - again: The star forward left the Avs in the middle of a tense playoff series for the second year in a row. Nichushkin was placed in Stage 3 of the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program ahead of Game 4 against the Stars, and is suspended without pay for six months.

"We just hope he finds peace, gets help," said MacKinnon, an alternate captain. "He's a great guy. He's a great teammate. We all love him. It's obviously bigger than the game, what he's going through. But we definitely miss him. He's a horse. He's one of the best two-way players in the league. He had nine goals (in eight playoff games) when we lost him. Huge hole, but we'll back next season and hopefully we have him for the rest of his career."

F*** Val Nichushkin. I hope he never plays another second for this team after f***ing us over two years in a row.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If we have Landy, and able to resign Drouin, I wouldn’t mind giving Val another chance, because if he f***s up again, we’d still have a legit top 6 come playoff time.

Drouin-MacK-Mikko
Landy-Mitts-Lehky

That’s something we didn’t have the two times Val f***ed us. There is always a chance he won’t do it again and will actually be there the whole season and playoffs

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
A series about Russian players in Colorado, there will be 6-7 episodes, the main character of this series is Nichushkin.
Unfortunately only in Russian language, you can watch it here

The series was filmed in April of this year.
In the 1st episode there were no questions about the situation in Seattle and getting into the player assistance program in February, but in the next episodes these questions will be asked to Nichushkin, I don’t know what he will tell there.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
A series about Russian players in Colorado, there will be 6-7 episodes, the main character of this series is Nichushkin.
Unfortunately only in Russian language, you can watch it here

The series was filmed in April of this year.
In the 1st episode there were no questions about the situation in Seattle and getting into the player assistance program in February, but in the next episodes these questions will be asked to Nichushkin, I don’t know what he will tell there.

It's unfortunate that there's no English subtitles. Val looks shy even in his native language.

So he's been on player assistance twice already at the time that this was filmed.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's unfortunate that there's no English subtitles. Val looks shy even in his native language.

So he's been on player assistance twice already at the time that this was filmed.
It was pretty much all about Val and other Russian players on the Avs. They kinda compared Dallas to Denver saying that Denver is more quieter and has more nature and stuff.

Val talked about his house when giving the tour, he said he got lucky buying that house because there aren’t many like it in Denver also he got it when the price was little lower. They talked about the Ball Arena a little bit. Also fans really love Val and Georgiev, and apparently Val is a big Lego guy

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
It was pretty much all about Val and other Russian players on the Avs. They kinda compared Dallas to Denver saying that Denver is more quieter and has more nature and stuff.

Val talked about his house when giving the tour, he said he got lucky buying that house because there aren’t many like it in Denver also he got it when the price was little lower. They talked about the Ball Arena a little bit. Also fans really love Val and Georgiev, and apparently Val is a big Lego guy

I didn't know that they call the white stuff "Legos"..

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003

I think it's probable that the Avs have weighed all the available options, and the only one with remotely positive outcome is that Val can return and play for the team. They've probably informed the team leaders that they can expect him to return to the team when or if he's reinstated. I would guess that they may not even have the option of trading him while he's suspended (and if they could they'd have to trade him with negative value).

If Val comes back and messes up again, then presumably contract termination, or at least his contract coming off the cap sheet in a more permanent way, becomes possible. But that's not the case yet.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I think it's probable that the Avs have weighed all the available options, and the only one with remotely positive outcome is that Val can return and play for the team. They've probably informed the team leaders that they can expect him to return to the team when or if he's reinstated. I would guess that they may not even have the option of trading him while he's suspended (and if they could they'd have to trade him with negative value).

If Val comes back and messes up again, then presumably contract termination, or at least his contract coming off the cap sheet in a more permanent way, becomes possible. But that's not the case yet.
I've tempered my expectations of what will happen considerably. However, if they put Val back in that room and it could very well go nuclear. These guys have limited careers and very few real shots at a championship in them. Val has been a major reason why for two years in a row they've had early exits. If I was Rants, how the Avs handle this might have an impact on my negotiations. If I was Nate and they brought Val back in, I might walk up to MacFarland's office and throw a water bottle at him and scream, "Do your #@*?% job!". If I was Makar, I'd start following Craig Conroy on social media.

Reactions: Snow Arc

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I've tempered my expectations of what will happen considerably. However, if they put Val back in that room and it could very well go nuclear. These guys have limited careers and very few real shots at a championship in them. Val has been a major reason why for two years in a row they've had early exits. If I was Rants, how the Avs handle this might have an impact on my negotiations. If I was Nate and they brought Val back in, I might walk up to MacFarland's office and throw a water bottle at him and scream, "Do your #@*?% job!". If I was Makar, I'd start following Craig Conroy on social media.

Except there is a Stanley Cup ring on all of their fingers largely due to Nuke while playing on a marred up ass ankle.

Like it or not he's part of what is considered the core group of this team.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I don't want Nuke back, he can well and truly f*** off -- but this quote certainly indicates that the leadership of the team might not be nearly as done with his BS as I thought they would be...now I think he might actually get yet another chance, if this quote is any indication of MacK's actually feelings on the matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad