Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Yeah but what if Nuke comes back and shows it by an example and not by words?
What if THIS guy is real?

giphy.webp

Vegas odds are likely the same!

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Does anyone know where Nuke is, geographically? If I understand Stage 3, he must participate in an in-house program and I cannot imagine there are many trustworthy programs in Russia. Is he in a program yet? Is it here in Colorado?

In truth, I can think of no better situation than for Nuke to force his way into a bogus Russian program, then fail his first test before activation back in the NHL. Did anyone get that hooker's phone number?

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
F*** Val Nichushkin. I hope he signs in the KHL.
That will require a settlement and contract termination, or?

I dont see the Kroenkes wasting money for that.

So either Nuke nukes himself into phase 4 and out of the NHL, or we have to trade his ass for peanuts.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That will require a settlement and contract termination, or?

I dont see the Kroenkes wasting money for that.

So either Nuke nukes himself into phase 4 and out of the NHL, or we have to trade his ass for peanuts.
If only that was possible

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He and his cap is done for us. I dont care if another team thinks he is worth another shot.
Phase 4 simply has a suspension and no guarantee of reinstatement. That is much different than saying his current contract is voided. In theory, Nuke completes phase 4 and follows all the rules… his contract would still be on the books. Phase 4 is not a get out of jail free card on his contract.

I think Nuke is done here now, it is just about the most viable path for the Avs to rid themselves of him. Which I still think is both parties terminating and moving on prior to July 1.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Phase 4 is not a guarantee Nuke is done in the NHL.

It has to increase the odds tho? If Nuke enters phase 4 the Avs would have a better chance terminating without penalty vs phase 3 right?

I think the Avs need to remove emotion from the situation and just make the best business decision. I get the room is going to be upset but a rough season/half season is better than having a cap penalty IMO. Avs simply can't afford it the next few seasons.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It has to increase the odds tho? If Nuke enters phase 4 the Avs would have a better chance terminating without penalty vs phase 3 right?

I think the Avs need to remove emotion from the situation and just make the best business decision. I get the room is going to be upset but a rough season/half season is better than having a cap penalty IMO. Avs simply can't afford it the next few seasons.
Sure it increases the chances, but it would still be challenged and end up in mediation.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle

A big risk in allowing Nuke to come back is that is 100% shuts the door on Drouin returning. Now what happens if there is no Drouin, Landy winds up being terrible, and Nuke screws up again? We might end up with Wood and LOC flanking Mitts. Thats a team that is at risk if missing the playoffs.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Sure it increases the chances, but it would still be challenged and end up in mediation.

Yeah I was under the impression at the very start of the situation that phase 4 was basically an auto termination. Sucks that it's not.

I know I'm in the minority but I'd rather roll the dice they get lucky in Stage 4. I know you risk him staying clean but Avs can't afford to take a cap penalty.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
A big risk in allowing Nuke to come back is that is 100% shuts the door on Drouin returning. Now what happens if there is no Drouin, Landy winds up being terrible, and Nuke screws up again? We might end up with Wood and LOC flanking Mitts. Thats a team that is at risk if missing the playoffs.

I feel like your hurting the team no matter what you do. Won't matter that we kept Drouin 2 seasons from now when your still paying Nuke 2-3 mill. Next season is an uphill battle anyway you slice it.

Getting out of the contract with zero penalties should be the main priority. I know everybody thinks this core has 1-2 seasons left but paying a 3 million dollar penalty in 2026 will be brutal. Were seeing firsthand how important cap space is.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I was under the impression at the very start of the situation that phase 4 was basically an auto termination. Sucks that it's not.

I know I'm in the minority but I'd rather roll the dice they get lucky in Stage 4. I know you risk him staying clean but Avs can't afford to take a cap penalty.
Definitely not an auto termination. I would say in any case, the odds are high that any termination is going to be met with some sort of a cap penalty. Another stage would likely lessen that amount, but odds are it would still exist.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Definitely not an auto termination. I would say in any case, the odds are high that any termination is going to be met with some sort of a cap penalty. Another stage would likely lessen that amount, but odds are it would still exist.

I guess if that's the case it doesn't really matter. I have no idea how it works so at this point stage 4 has just become a fantasy land I guess lol

Getting hit with a 2-3 mill cap penalty slams the windows shut. I get the first two years will be small and maybe it's manageable for a season but paying Nuke 2 mill while losing his production is absolutely brutal.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I linked the cba in this thread and from reading some of it I got the impression that there wouldn't be a cap penalty.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This is a fair point. What phase 4 does is have him suspended a full year. It creates a big problem for 25-26 if he hits stage 4 and then is reinstated but it gets the Avs through next season without having to account for him on the cap
Yeah pretty much. A clarification though, one year from getting pinched. If it happens jan1… it woul be Jan 1 of the following year.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
I linked the cba in this thread and from reading some of it I got the impression that there wouldn't be a cap penalty.
There is fairly strong precidence of the NHLPA filing grievence due to contract termination and the team being hit with some sort of cap penalty.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah pretty much. A clarification though, one year from getting pinched. If it happens jan1… it woul be Jan 1 of the following year.
But since reinstatement at that point is not guaranteed, I imagine the league would work more closely with the team on a solution. Say...just not reinstate Nuke until the following season (2026/27) allowing whatever fix we put in place to remain there until the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad