Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
A Wn!

We can’t expect to get 7 goals every night so we need to get better on D and cut down on the shots against.
Agree. The D is just not playing well. Too many d zone giveaways contributed to another game with a high SOG total

Offensively, IceDogs are getting scoring from their primary scorers this year but little from their secondary scorers, which Ben publicly called out to contribute.

Defensively, there have been enough red flags in their play that DD should pump the brakes on patting himself on the back!

BUT IceDogs WON, despite being outshot 48-28. Ben has the week to make some improvements.

Last edited:

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
Agree. The D is just not playing well. Too many d zone giveaways contributed to another game with a high SOG total

Offensively, IceDogs are getting scoring from their primary scorers this year but little from their secondary scorers, which Ben publicly called out to contribute.

Defensively, there have been enough red flags in their play that DD should pump the breaks on patting himself on the back!

BUT IceDogs WON, despite being outshot 48-28. Ben has the week to make some improvements.
You know what else would help the D and the SOG goalies covering the puck more instead of pushing some of the shots out for rebounds and like I mentioned abut the offence get more shots off which will lead to your own rebound chances which will mean less time in your own end

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Bang On! Anyone who knows the Icedogs STH base, also knows, support has little to do with winning but rather knowing that those running the team understand the OHL’s cyclical nature and rebuild accordingly. Former STHs have had enough of the owner’s mismanagement of players, trades and draft capital.

With proper management, the IceDogs could be like this, building toward 26-27 and receiving the financial support of returning STHs….

DRAFT CAPITAL…before trades ( RENEW)
25: 2, 3, 4, 4
26: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4
27: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4
28: 2, 3, 4
+ 07 A.Frolov; 05 U.Podrekar; + SIGN IMPORT 06 D - Gabriel Eliasson

DRAFT CAPITAL…proper trade ( RENEW)
: 2, 3, 4, 4
26: 2, 3, 3, 4, 4
27: 2, 3, 4, 4
28: 2, -, 4
+ 06 J.Brauti; + 07 A.Frolov; + 05 B.Scott; NO 04 NVV trade; INSTEAD roster 04 Loshko, 04 Flores and 04 Bryant at NO draft capital cost; AND SIGN IMPORT D 06 G. Eliasson

Instead, IceDogs are like this...

DRAFT CAPITAL…after trade overpays (STH NOT RENEWING)
25: - , 3, 4, 4
26: 2, 3, 4
27: 2, 3, 4, 4
28: 2, 3, 4
+ 06 J.Brauti; + 05 B.Scott; + OA NVV
- 07 A.Frolov; - 05 U.Podrekar; minus one of 04 Loshko, 04 Flores or 04 Bryant; minus Import 06 D G. Eliasson (traded for next to nothing)
I find it funny that you don't seem to want to cheer that they finally have a winning coach and a gn that seems to have done well. The problems on this team had more to do with off ice issues and a so so coach than anything else. They have a team with some stars that are starting the season better than you could have predicted.

It was in a rebuild but now it's more looking at fine tuning the engine

Are there position that could be better. What do you do when OA are all healthy.
I am not sure you are in the same level as Barrie Brampton or Oshawa but you are certainly ahead of a lot of other teams and possibly on par with Brantford

The CHL looks at consistent teams that are able to compete at the top when looking t m cup hosts.

Reactions: mattommy98

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
even though they got 7 tonight they need to get better at shooting the puck I can’t tell you how many times tonight they had a 2-3 man run got into the zone and instead of getting a shot off they would stop up at the blue line or the circle and just wait for EVERYBODY to get in the zone and not get anything because of it (and it probably happened last night to but I didn’t pay attention to it as much)
Maddening. It's as if the puck carrier doesn't have enough confidence to storm the net and take the shot. Instead, they form a committee to lose possession together. It's a horrible momentum killer.

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
I find it funny that you don't seem to want to cheer that they finally have a winning coach and a gn that seems to have done well. The problems on this team had more to do with off ice issues and a so so coach than anything else. They have a team with some stars that are starting the season better than you could have predicted.

It was in a rebuild but now it's more looking at fine tuning the engine

Are there position that could be better. What do you do when OA are all healthy.
I am not sure you are in the same level as Barrie Brampton or Oshawa but you are certainly ahead of a lot of other teams and possibly on par with Brantford

The CHL looks at consistent teams that are able to compete at the top when looking t m cup hosts.
They have a good coach now yes I’m not going there with the GM (DDD)

mattommy98

Apr 3, 2023
Just another laugh at the Niagara games I have season tickets and we have two people on the account. They promised 10 free popcorn per person and then we found out since we’re on the same account. It’s only per account and get this. They all have to be claimedby December!😂 but all is well. I got one dollar mug as a gift.😂😂😂

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
Just another laugh at the Niagara games I have season tickets and we have two people on the account. They promised 10 free popcorn per person and then we found out since we’re on the same account. It’s only per account and get this. They all have to be claimedby December!😂 but all is well. I got one dollar mug as a gift.😂😂😂
The mug is actually a decent gift they’ve never been great IMO even when the Burkes were around

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The mug is actually a decent gift they’ve never been great IMO even when the Burkes were around
Expect the beer glasses

I think it is pretty clear we have a good team and it is not a fluke. I also find it amusing that of the first 3 games the Saturday night was the worst attendance.

Hey, we are at the TOP of the CONFERENCE this morning. Wow! Great job Dogs.
Lot of factors back to back games thanksgiving

Reactions: mattommy98

Dogs Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2019
St, Catharines
Early season games were always a hard sell for the Dogs. Its only 3 games in so I am not drawing any conclusions yet.

The mug is pretty lame IMO. Can't put it in the washer and they didn't hand them out until game 2.

Another good thing. Kevin He is number 2 for scoring. When was the last time we had anybody close to the top of league scoring.

mattommy98

Apr 3, 2023
Early season games were always a hard sell for the Dogs. Its only 3 games in so I am not drawing any conclusions yet.

The mug is pretty lame IMO. Can't put it in the washer and they didn't hand them out until game 2.

Another good thing. Kevin He is number 2 for scoring. When was the last time we had anybody close to the top of league scoring.
Prob Robertson in 2018 haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad