Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Think cheynowski is the odd man out of those 3 for sure. Maybe they could flip him and picks for an 07 this year or next. No way do they keep 3 OA d men anyways for that year

He would be the first choice, though He probably won’t play an OA season. The next best thee ‘06s are defensemen. And it looks like the 2026-27 top six forwards and goaltenders will made up of 2007-08, so I think the IceDogs could keep three OA defensemen.
That is two full seasons from now though, it is far too early to have the roster completely set.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He-Assadourian/(Bryant)-Levin/(Loshko)
Roobroek-Loshko-Galiyanov-(Assadourian)/(Levin)
Wassylin-Czata-Paris
Crete-Wray-(Galiyanov)-Doherty

That could be a pretty good forward group.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
It is about two full seasons from time to panic about 2026-27.
You’re entitled to believe whatever you want, but you’ll NEVER convince a highly knowledgeable fan base that 1. knows their owner/GM has proven himself completely clueless and incapable of planning beyond today and 2. Fully understands how championship teams are built (e.g., demographics, scouting, recruitment, trade currency, etc…).

Hf boards has never had the IceDogs fan base contributing on here, that's changing now. Understand that their knowledge and point of view stems from their understanding of the OHL’s cyclical nature along with close contact with owners, coaches, players, billet parents, media personal and bring here a wealth of inside information of the on and off ice matters.

ID fans know what is the right way and what is the wrong way and there is NOTHING that Darren has done in three years to indicate that he has any idea of what he’s doing as an OHL owner/GM. Now, if you honestly can’t see it, that’s your problem not ours but don’t seriously expect IceDog fan to agree with you.

Know this, Darren Dedobbelaer is the laugh-stock of the Niagara region! This site now has several highly intelligent IceDog/OHL fans and there are many more non- hf registered former IceDog STHs reading the comments asking me “WTF are some of these people taking about” and that is the God honest truth. So for the love of God, can you stop pushing Darren's flawed Mem-Cup plan because he doesn't have one.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You’re entitled to believe whatever you want, but you’ll NEVER convince a highly knowledgeable fan base that 1. knows their owner/GM has proven himself completely clueless and incapable of planning beyond today and 2. Fully understands how championship teams are built (e.g., demographics, scouting, recruitment, trade currency, etc…).

Hf boards has never had the IceDogs fan base contributing on here, that's changing now. Understand that their knowledge and point of view stems from an understanding of the OHL’s cyclical nature combined with close contact with owners, coaches, players, billet parents, media personal and bring here a wealth of inside information of the on and off ice matters.

ID fans know what is the right way and what is the wrong way and there is NOTHING that Darren has done in three years to indicate that he has any idea of what he’s doing as an OHL owner/GM. Now, if you honestly can’t see it, that’s your problem not ours but don’t seriously expect IceDog fan to agree with you.

Know this, Darren Dedobbelaer is the laugh-stock of the Niagara region! This site now has several highly intelligent IceDog/OHL fans and there are many more non- hf registered former IceDog STHs reading the comments asking me “WTF are some of these people taking about” and that is the God honest truth. So for the love of God, can you stop pushing Darren's flawed Mem-Cup plan because he doesn't have one.

I’m not ‘pushing’ any one’s plan. I can objectively say the roster is much better than last season; and for the first time in a while, it appears there are core ages in place that could continue to improve as a team over the next 2-3 seasons.
You on the other hand, are fixated on the idea that improving the D for 2-3 seasons at the expense of one potentially above average ‘07 is an unmitigated disaster.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
That is two full seasons from now though, it is far too early to have the roster completely set.
Apparently not too early for a couple of experience GMs in Peterborough and Kitchener to put in place an extraordinary plan around an 07-08 core for 2026-2027. Watch those two GMs add to that core and continue accumulating draft capital.

Reactions: Petes1987

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
He-Assadourian/(Bryant)-Levin/(Loshko)
Roobroek-Loshko-Galiyanov-(Assadourian)/(Levin)
Wassylin-Czata-Paris
Crete-Wray-(Galiyanov)-Doherty

That could be a pretty good forward group.
When everyone’s healthy (and without making another F trade) I’d run

He-Bryant-Loshko
Roobroeck-assadourian-levin
Wassilyn-Czata-Galiyanov
Crete-Wray-Doherty (Paris)

Based on that one of Paris or levin is probably next man out along with an OA eventually

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Apparently not too early for a couple of experience GMs in Peterborough and Kitchener to put in place an extraordinary plan around an 07-08 core for 2026-2027. Watch those two GMs add to that core and continue accumulating draft capital.

The Petes’ ‘extraordinary plan’ is grossly overstated. How many upside ‘06 & ‘08 players does that team have in place to compliment ‘07 at this time?
Kitchener is at another level in terms of recruitment ability.

Brantford, Flint, Guelph, Niagara are also positioned to have good teams in 2026-27; and there will likely others after this upcoming trade deadline.
It is waaay to early to anoint prohibitive favourites for 2026-27.

Reactions: Gondrex

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
I’m not ‘pushing’ any one’s plan. I can objectively say the roster is much better than last season; and for the first time in a while, it appears there are core ages in place that could continue to improve as a team over the next 2-3 seasons.
You on the other hand, are fixated on the idea that improving the D for 2-3 seasons at the expense of one potentially above average ‘07 is an unmitigated disaster.

2023-24
DDD announces a proper rebuild around an 07-08 core and another Mem-Cup bid in 26-27.

2024 PRIORITY DRAFT
GM Wes Consorti, “the 2008s are a nice complement to our outstanding 2007 draft class and we’re excited to see their development this season”.

2024 AUGUST
“the mandate right now is to make sure we make the playoffs”.

Trading young talent, valuable to your rebuild, along with high draft picks...how is it even possible they can't be better than last year?

If the best they can do after disposing of valuable assets is to just squeeze into the playoffs, that is an embarrassment, disingenuous and an offensive measure of success for fans who have followed the IceDogs since 2007.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
The Petes’ ‘extraordinary plan’ is grossly overstated. How many upside ‘06 & ‘08 players does that team have in place to compliment ‘07 at this time?
Kitchener is at another level in terms of recruitment ability.

Brantford, Flint, Guelph, Niagara are also positioned to have good teams in 2026-27; and there will likely others after this upcoming trade deadline.
It is waaay to early to anoint prohibitive favourites for 2026-27.
Four! Four 1st round 07s! Wow! ( 3F and 1 D) ...all 4 could be high 2025 NHL draft picks.

07 F Caden Taylor; Aiden Young; Nico Addy; D – Carson Cameron; plus Liam Ladds
06 F Braydon McCallum; D Grayden Strohack; 08 F Colin Fitzgerald, D - Blake Gowan

...and post 2025 NHL Draft 07 Adam Novotny

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

He-Bryant-Loshko
Wassilyn-Czata-Galiyanov

Based on that one of Paris or levin is probably next man out along with an OA eventually

I would keep Paris, and really hope Wycisk is past his injury. Assadourian would be the first ‘05 to move for me, if an ‘05 has to be moved prior to the deadline. Though I don’t think one necessarily has to moved before the end of next off-season.

2023-24
DDD announces a proper rebuild around an 07-08 core and another Mem-Cup bid in 26-27.

2024 PRIORITY DRAFT
GM Wes Consorti, “the 2008s are a nice complement to our outstanding 2007 draft class and we’re excited to see their development this season”.

2024 AUGUST
“the mandate right now is to make sure we make the playoffs”.

Trading young talent, valuable to your rebuild, along with high draft picks...how is it even possible they can't be better than last year?

If the best they can do after disposing of valuable assets is to just squeeze into the playoffs, that is an embarrassment, disingenuous and an offensive measure of success for fans who have followed the IceDogs since 2007.

Brauti, Cheynowski, and Virgilio all have up to three seasons of eligibility remaining; chill.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
I would keep Paris, and really hope Wycisk is past his injury. Assadourian would be the first ‘05 to move for me, if an ‘05 has to be moved prior to the deadline. Though I don’t think one necessarily has to moved before the end of next off-season.

Brauti, Cheynowski, and Virgilio all have up to three seasons of eligibility remaining; chill.
You still don't get it!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Four! Four 1st round 07s! Wow! ( 3F and 1 D) ...all 4 could be high 2025 NHL draft picks.

07 F Caden Taylor; Aiden Young; Nico Addy; D – Carson Cameron; plus Liam Ladds
06 F Braydon McCallum; D Grayden Strohack; 08 F Colin Fitzgerald, D - Blake Gowan

...and post 2025 NHL Draft 07 Adam Novotny

What do you consider a high NHL draft pick; there is one ‘07 in that group that could reasonably be expected to be NHL drafted in round 2

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018

He-Bryant-Loshko
Wassilyn-Czata-Galiyanov

Keep one thing in mind when formulating your line combinations. Wassilyn will be getting top 6 minutes (as per J.Walters) :naughty:

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024

One has to move for me IF everyone is healthy not everyone is going to have a spot in the lineup unless Loshko is getting traded as the OA which I hope wouldn’t be the case as for the D I haven’t looked at them yet for possible trades I think IF they’re far out of it come trade deadline all the OAs and the 05 they aren’t sure will be back next year will be on the block

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
Keep one thing in mind when formulating your line combinations. Wassilyn will be getting top 6 minutes (as per J.Walters) :naughty:
Oh I think he would be up in the top 6 after a few months anyways those line were just to start out with but if you want to put him up there from the beginning him or Roobroeck is switching wings for me on L2

Reactions: Sam14

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
What do you consider a high NHL draft pick; there is one ‘07 in that group that could reasonably be expected to be NHL drafted in round 2
"could be".
Drafted in any round is impressive but rounds 1-4 are high. Depending on how they perform as top line players this season ( advantageous to their development and draft rankings) it's possible they could all be high draft picks. 4 NHL drafted players all in one age group (especially if one is a D) would be quite an impressive core and if 07 Novotny is assigned to the OHL that would make 5.

Oh I think he would be up in the top 6 after a few months anyways those line were just to start out with but if you want to put him up there from the beginning him or Roobroeck is switching wings for me on L2
Agree! I could see that

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Hf boards has never had the IceDogs fan base contributing on here, that's changing now. Understand that their knowledge and point of view stems from an understanding of the OHL’s cyclical nature combined with close contact with owners, coaches, players, billet parents, media personal and bring here a wealth of inside information of the on and off ice matters.

Agree with you on all of this but just let’s be real.

Kitchener is looking like the heavy favourite for that event and even if you guys got a damn good team by then it wouldn’t be a good look with everything that’s happened in the last 5-6 years within the organization.

Probably like 90% gonna be Kitchener at this point and they haven’t even made the Andonovski/Swick trades yet. That being said he shouldn’t give the fans false hope.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Agree with you on all of this but just let’s be real.

Kitchener is looking like the heavy favourite for that event and even if you guys got a damn good team by then it wouldn’t be a good look with everything that’s happened in the last 5-6 years within the organization.

Probably like 90% gonna be Kitchener at this point and they haven’t even made the Andonovski/Swick trades yet. That being said he shouldn’t give the fans false hope.
Oh 100% agree with you! Kitchener has this hand down in all aspects, including the planning being done around the 07-08s.

With no long range plan, the IceDogs will be no where near good enough to be a Mem-Cup host when they get to 26-27. DDD's only plan, truthfully, is to make the playoffs each year. You can safely remove the Niagara IceDogs off that list.

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
One has to move for me IF everyone is healthy not everyone is going to have a spot in the lineup unless Loshko is getting traded as the OA which I hope wouldn’t be the case as for the D I haven’t looked at them yet for possible trades I think IF they’re far out of it come trade deadline all the OAs and the 05 they aren’t sure will be back next year will be on the block

It’s definitely going to be tougher for the IceDogs early with Bryant and Wycisk out; plus, Wassylin and Crete having to get up to OHL speed of play.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
It’s definitely going to be tougher for the IceDogs early with Bryant and Wycisk out; plus, Wassylin and Crete having to get up to OHL speed of play.
Wassilyn looked like he's already going to have games where he plays like he belongs. Obviously it won't be smooth sailing though.

I expect Roobroeck, He, Loshko and Czata will be leaned on heavily at times.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Wassilyn looked like he's already going to have games where he plays like he belongs. Obviously it won't be smooth sailing though.

I expect Roobroeck, He, Loshko and Czata will be leaned on heavily at times.

Yeah, I just think it will be tougher to start down a 19 yr old D and OA F. The IceDogs are still a relatively young team with small-ish vets.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad