Niagara IceDogs 2021-22 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Good trades.......basically Butler for Sirizzotti and an 11th rd pick

Butler has been disappointing since his draft - not physical enough for his size, just an average skater and a big shot but he needs time and space. Hopefully he can elevate his game with the change of scenery.

Either way he will not be in the league in 23-24 when the IceDogs hope to host the Mem Cup........Sirizzotti, a year younger, will be an OA on that team.

The 2025 2nd round pick they acquired is more valuable than the 2023 2nd round pick because it will be a trade chip in the Memorial Cup season. There will be tough times between now and then but the young players just have to keep developing.
Who is going to develop the young players? Name me one young player that has developed under Billy Burke?

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Fair enough. However, I believe, first round draft picks rarely need the level of development as players picked in subsequent rounds. Those TWO names are low hanging fruit. Please provide names of players that weren't selected in round 1.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs first game in three weeks blanked Oshawa 5 to 0 for their third win in four games against Oshawa and the second time time this season with back to back wins. Rosi first career shutout making thirty four saves. Gushchin and Van Loon with two goals a piece in the game unfortunately no fans were able to watch it in person. Next game at home against Sudbury Saturday night.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Van Loon remains hot with two more goals has the Icedogs held on to a 5 to 4 win over Sudbury at the Meridian Centre. Castle scored on his birthday prove to be the game winner.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Handing the team over to the younger players seems to be paying dividends. I was hoping they would keep Uberti, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he and Butler quietly asked for a trade to showcase themselves to be camp invites this fall.

I do like the young talent on the team... I just don't trust the man behind the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad