NHL TV ratings 2023/2024

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is what I am talking about if the Panthers win the SC. Messi joining Miami doesn't help, but it will gain more viewers and fans if they win.

The Final Four, including CG, rotates. So it's on TBS/TNT/truTV (simulcast.)
Did not know that, thanks for the info!

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Of all the players in the TV media landscape WBD is the only one without an over the air outlet. Had Comcast or News Corp got the the B package I'd assume the SCF wouldn't bene on the OTA in those years. I do think they should have done what the NBA does and always have the final on ABC. In return for losing out on SCF, TNT could've been given all-star weekend or dibs on any World Cup of Hockey style event during the contract window, or first choice for the conference final selection.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Leger poll says 58% of Canadians will be following not very closely or not at all the Stanley Cup finals.

Only 27% of Americans will be following the Stanley Cup finals.

ONLY 27% of Americans is over 90 million people....I would say that's not bad.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
the kings drew 13.3 in LA vs NJ in gm 5 in the deciding game.
Game 6 was the deciding game.

Is there a way to find out the markets who are watching the SCF most?

For instance, I'm sure Florida is #1. But Buffalo and Pittsburgh always seem to be two markets tuning in.

I would not b e surprised if the South Florida area was not #1. Usually Buffalo, and Western NY state viewership is the highest, percentage-wise.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Reaser

May 19, 2021
I would not b e surprised if the South Florida area was not #1. Usually Buffalo, and Western NY state viewership is the highest, percentage-wise.

SCF last year, which FLA was obviously in, the top 5 by HH rating (%) were:

1. Las Vegas 14.58
2. West Palm 3.75
3. Miami/Fort Lauderdale 3.45
4. Pittsburgh 3.14
5. Buffalo 3.10

By raw total # of HHs:

1. Las Vegas 127
2. NY 104
3. LA 79
4. Chicago 65
5. Boston 65
6. Miami/Fort Lauderdale 59
15. West Palm 33

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They are up from two years ago when ESPN last had it
That’s what I’d be comparing it too. Not last year. Great sign though considering one of the teams is Edmonton, in reality, it really shouldn’t be doing better than Avs/Lightning.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
That’s what I’d be comparing it too. Not last year. Great sign though considering one of the teams is Edmonton, in reality, it really shouldn’t be doing better than Avs/Lightning.
Good news for you and other people not paying close enough attention, it isnt. The playoffs are up overall, whereas the Cup Final itself is down.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Good news for you and other people not paying close enough attention, it isnt. The playoffs are up overall, whereas the Cup Final itself is down.
Thanks for the update, bruv, you saw I was already corrected.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007

Saturday’s Panthers-Oilers NHL Stanley Cup Final Game 4 averaged a 1.4 rating and 3.1 million viewers on ABC, per Nielsen fast-nationals — up 15% in ratings and 20% in viewership from Golden Knights-Panthers on TNT, TBS and truTV last year (1.2, 2.56M) but down 43% and 33% respectively from the previous Game 4 on ABC, Avalanche-Lightning in 2022 (2.4, 4.60M). All four games of the Panthers-Oilers series have increased double-digits over last year’s all-cable matchup. Compared to Avalanche-Lightning in ’22, viewership has declined for each and ratings have declined for all-but-one (Game 2).

The full Stanley Cup Final is averaging 3.1 million viewers, up 25% from the first four games last year, but down from 4.2 million in 2022. The ESPN/ABC portion of the Stanley Cup Playoffs is averaging 1.6 million viewers, up 38% from last year and up 10% from 2022.

The ESPN/ABC portion being up 10% even with the SCF down over a 1M from the Avs - Lightning series is very very good.
More people were at home in 2022. Let's see what happens with the next 1 or 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad