NHL TV ratings 2023/2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Thanks for the update, bruv, you saw I was already corrected.
No I didnt, but you're welcome bruv.

Dont get informed, get angry. Thats the way these days

You should check yourself for dementia. @varsaku post is as straightforward and correct as one can possibly get.
This is a guy that always randomly brings up Indianapolis as a possible expansion city, using ridiculous and specious logic.

I wouldnt pay him/her/they any mind

Reactions: Jets4Life

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No I didnt, but you're welcome bruv.

Dont get informed, get angry. Thats the way these days

This is a guy that always randomly brings up Indianapolis as a possible expansion city, using ridiculous and specious logic.

I wouldnt pay him/her/they any mind
You liked the post, lol

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
That's NBA territory. Smooth numbers, doesn't hurt when last night's game was pretty epic.
No it isnt. This year's NBA Final was the second least watched non COVID affected final on record. Every game but one still got over 10 million people. And thats not including Canadian numbers

You liked the post, lol
After I had already posted. Thanks for playing, bruv.

Lol

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No it isnt. This year's NBA Final was the second least watched non COVID affected final on record. Every game but one still got over 10 million people. And thats not including Canadian numbers

After I had already posted. Thanks for playing, bruv.

Lol
Well if you gonna post before you read, that’s a you-thing, bruv. You don’t get the flowers for correcting me, bruv, the bruv who got there does. He’s my bruv, too, bruv.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
this is amazing. Usually NBA gets 4x more than NHL ratings.. But this gm5 was just over 2x..

That is great for so many reasons. the NBA had 2 of the top 5 markets in the US playing.. In NHL, it's a tiny market vs a CDN team that no american have ever heard of. which makes this rating that much more impressive.

Imagine if this SCF was NYR/CHI?? it'd have had 7.5M last night, and if it went to gm7, easily 10M.

If this series goes to a gm7, i can see 7M, only cuz they were down 0-3 and can make the full comeback. People would be tuning in just to see history, even non hockey fans... It would be EPIC for NHL if this happened.

I can't believe i was cheering for DAL over EDM so a big US market can be there instead of a CDN team. I couldn't have been more wrong. IF dal was there, i think the rating would be worse than EDM, even though DAL is a huge market. And this is now great that the US are seeing who Connor McDavid is. He never got any exposure playing for EDM.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Well if you gonna post before you read, that’s a you-thing, bruv. You don’t get the flowers for correcting me, bruv, the bruv who got there does. He’s my bruv, too, bruv.
You seem like a well adjusted adult who contributes positively to the discourse in this thread.
Honestly, who in their right mind is this petty about being corrected?

And you're a moderator? Lol dont you have bigger things to worry about? Like why Nicky Santoro wasnt banned after his race baiting bullshit he posted last week?

If you're gonna be a petty dick, at least be good at the fake job you signed up for, eh?

Last edited:
Reactions: NextBigThing

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You seem like a well adjusted adult who contributes positively to the discourse in this thread.
Honestly, who in their right mind is this petty about being corrected?

And you're a moderator? Lol dont you have bigger things to worry about? Like why Nicky Santoro wasnt banned after his race baiting bullshit he posted last week?

If you're gonna be a petty dick, at least be good at the fake job you signed up for, eh?

Relax, bruv, it’s only the internet. It was simply pointed out to you, as it was to me, with a bit of levity, and I guess you couldn’t handle it. I think you need to go have a cigarette or a joint or something. I’m also not the only moderator, I can point you to where you can ask further questions about that.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
SMW article on Game 5 #'s:

Interesting that the average audience increased by 1 million, and the peak increased 1.5 million from Game 4.

I really, really hope they release a top 5 or top 10 local market ratings for this series

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
if Mcdavid can get this thing to gm7 and win, and repeat the last 2 games performance, it'll be the best thing for hockey all time. ESPN and every sports show in US is now talking hockey and Mcdavid. they are saying if he can lead this team back from 0-3 to win cup, it'd be the greatest sports accomplishment of all time in N.American sports.. Hockey will now be on the map and Mcdavid will be a big household name. They are all saying he's easily the best player of all 4 major sports. I cant believe the US is all talking hockey now.

We just might get 8M if this goes to gm7, and if it goes to OT, it peaks at 10M. Everybody will be watching, even in Alabama, Louisiana, Kentucky and Idaho. Just because of the storyline of being down 0-3 and McDavid.

It's just too bad if there's a gm7 that it can't be in EDM. ppl would tune in just to see how loud that EDM barn would get.. Games are boring in FLA.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
if Mcdavid can get this thing to gm7 and win, and repeat the last 2 games performance, it'll be the best thing for hockey all time. ESPN and every sports show in US is now talking hockey and Mcdavid. they are saying if he can lead this team back from 0-3 to win cup, it'd be the greatest sports accomplishment of all time in N.American sports.. Hockey will now be on the map and Mcdavid will be a big household name. They are all saying he's easily the best player of all 4 major sports. I cant believe the US is all talking hockey now.

LOL...I wish McDavid had that power, but it will never happen, even if he puts up two hat tricks, and wins in 7.

Gretzky being traded to LA in 1988 was the best thing to happen to the NHL of all time, and it will remain that way.regardless of what McDavid does.

We just might get 8M if this goes to gm7,

There is no way Game 7 draws that many people in America.

It's just too bad if there's a gm7 that it can't be in EDM. ppl would tune in just to see how loud that EDM barn would get.. Games are boring in FLA.

LOL...no they will not.

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
LOL...I wish McDavid had that power, but it will never happen, even if he puts up two hat tricks, and wins in 7.

Gretzky being traded to LA in 1988 was the best thing to happen to the NHL of all time, and it will remain that way.regardless of what McDavid does.

There is no way Game 7 draws that many people in America.

LOL...no they will not.

We will see, my fellow Canadian. If it's gm7 and it's 3-3 with 4 min to go in the 3rd and the chances are back and forth for both teams, this game gets 8M, or very close to it, like 7.59M. It all depends how close the game is and if McDavid is putting on a show.

I'll remind u when it happens.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
We will see, my fellow Canadian. If it's gm7 and it's 3-3 with 4 min to go in the 3rd and the chances are back and forth for both teams, this game gets 8M, or very close to it, like 7.59M. It all depends how close the game is and if McDavid is putting on a show.

I'll remind u when it happens.

I'd love to see that happen, but considering the only game 7's that generated ratings of over 8 million were in 2011 an d 2019, when the highly popular Boston Bruins were playing, it's going to be a very hard feat to accomplish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad