NHL Team Prospect Pool Strength Rankings (July 2024)

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I would have killed for your below average goaltending last season.
Sure, but Lyon was also very bad other than like a 10 game stretch, so it’s not as easy as saying “if we had a better goalie we would have made the post season” when better teams than Ottawa could have said the exact same thing
Fwiw I think NYI and Washington both don’t make it, NJ takes the Isles spot and it’s blood bath between Ottawa/DET & somehow Pittsburgh battling for the last spot

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
You can make the exact same excuses for all those other teams as well. Nothing you've "splained" is unique to the Senators.

"The Coyotes had bad ownership so the fans got smart and stopped supporting a loser. It's all totally logical and explainable if you look at the details and context of the situation."

I understand completely. It's OK when Ottawa does it, but when other teams do it then it's a problem.

Can you say double standard?
Dude you're agenda is obvious.

Since the Sens' 1st full season in Kanata they have averaged 15th in league wide attendance, peaking as high as 3rd. Arizona has averaged 27th over that same span, peaking as high as...18th. Forgetting the fact that Arizona has been on life support longer than the Sens have sucked, and like other's have said, there is little comparison to made between the two franchises. I mean, one city just had the 4th highest swing in attendance league wide, while the other lost its team. Time to go outside and get some fresh air.

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Dude you're agenda is obvious.

Since the Sens' 1st full season in Kanata they have averaged 15th in league wide attendance, peaking as high as 3rd. Arizona has averaged 27th over that same span, peaking as high as...18th. Forgetting the fact that Arizona has been on life support longer than the Sens have sucked, and like other's have said, there is little comparison to made between the two franchises.
Outside of revenue, attendance the last half-decade, lack of team success, and somewhere the players wants to avoid, I agree completely they aren't similar.

I never said the franchises were clones of one another. I said the Senators organization is Canada's version. They aren't necessarily facsimiles.

I mean, one city just had the 4th highest swing in attendance league wide, while the other lost its team. Time to go outside and get some fresh air.
Already been to the gym this morning before work, thanks.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm surprised were not last. Have made made a draft pick in 3 years :laugh:

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
You cherry picker. Showing your colours. Have a nice day.
Aren't those the most relevant factors discussed when assessing franchise success? Revenue generation, attendance, and on ice success? How is that cherry-picking? I literally laid out almost my entire thesis with talking points in post #11. How can you still be confused at this point by the main factors of my argument?

In my experience those are the factors most brought up at HF in these types of threads.

If you have other metrics more relevant please provide them and I'll incorporate the data points into the discussion.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Hard time understanding how the Flyers have the top rated goalie prospect pool. Odd to me.

Also was does Toronto have the 4th? Woll?

Penguins have a really good goalie prospect pool. I don’t get them being 17th at all. They just had a a top AHL goalie as a rookie. The top Echl goalie. And a top Russian goalie in the mhl.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So....you wouldn't have traded a late first to get out of the Korpisalo contract? A contract that had 4 years left on it and stinks of dog shit? And we didn't just get rid of it, mind you, we got Ullmark as well.

Funny....no sir, even if Ullmark walks everyone with a brain does that deal over and over and over again.

Yeah Ottawa makes the deal either way. With Ullmark not being willing to sign, after Duchene, DeBrincat and Chychrun, Ottawa couldn’t make a deal that they wouldn’t be OK with making if Ullmark walked. Goes to show how much Ullmark’s trade protection limited the market.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Also was does Toronto have the 4th? Woll?

Penguins have a really good goalie prospect pool. I don’t get them being 17th at all. They just had a a top AHL goalie as a rookie. The top Echl goalie. And a top Russian goalie in the mhl.

Woll(25) is likely graduated. Dennis Hildeby(22) and Artur Akhtyamov(22) are legitimate goaltending prospects coming off impressive seasons in the AHL and VHL

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Aren't those the most relevant factors discussed when assessing franchise success? Revenue generation, attendance, and on ice success? How is that cherry-picking?
I provided you 20+years of info and you were only concerned with the last half decade, the bad years. Like the years preceding them didn't exist. Cherry picker.

You also ignored Ottawa's attendance swing. Shocking.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Woll(25) is likely graduated. Dennis Hildeby(22) and Artur Akhtyamov(22) are legitimate goaltending prospects coming off impressive seasons in the AHL and VHL

Ya I mean Blomqvist had better stats and is younger than Hildeby.

murashov(20) is younger than Akhtyamov but he’s been a really good when called to the nhl.

Both pools seem close and not 13 spot difference.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
The arenas the teams play in have nothing to do with my argument.

Attendance, revenue generation and on-ice competitiveness are the crux. All of which are bottom of the barrel for the Sens organization in the NHL.

See my response above.

You all are fixating on the arena thing when it hasn't once been a tenet of my argument.
And Arizona was totally the bastian of profit and stability of the league for 20 years that Ottawa should strive to be huh? :huh:

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Another beautiful day forecasted here, almost the weekend, the boss is on vacation and Sens fans are in a death-match with reality.

Happy as a clam, thanks for asking.
I don't want to weigh in on the Ottawa vs Phoenix discussion, but my idea of a beautiful day is not 110+ degree weather. That sounds crazy.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Admittedly I only know the Penguins prospects. But this website (Hockey Prospecting) was underwhelming and sometimes outright wrong. I regret paying for full access.

(I've not read the full 9 pages in this thread, so apologies is someone else already brought up how crummy this site is)

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
And followed right after by Montreal at 18, just having Fowler has to move a team higher than that without even considering the other 3 quality goalies in the pipeline.

Detroit has Cossa and Augustine and is 10th. Not sure how a team with two top 10 goalie prospects can be 10th in goalie prospects lol.

Bader is just trash, and has been for many years.

Reactions: Konnan511

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad