League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Mantha also had a goal and assist in his first game as a Capital in April 2021. But no fight.

His 6 shots in that game were the most he had all year. And the next year. He had 6 shots again for the first game of the 2022-23 season vs BOS, and later in the year vs his old team, Detroit.

He had a few 6s and a 7 in his last season as a Cap but those were exceptions (usually 0-2 shots or so).

Don't the Penguins always look like shit early and then rally?

Reactions: Calicaps

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
One game, especially the first game before teams have gelled or locked down strategy, means nothing.

But a Pens meltdown is always delicious anyway.

My point was mostly a joke. But i mean for a fan it's tough to wait 6 long months for hockey. It's enough time to convince yourself how everything will be better this time and how the team improved over the summer.

...Only to lose your home opener 0-6.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Low IQ, through the roof heart. You KNOW his teammates appreciated that.

Don’t need to win a fight to get credit for one. ;)
Yeah especially after the injury to Rooney. Also buys himself some goodwill from the fanbase, who have to be leery given his rep.

Mantha also had a goal and assist in his first game as a Capital in April 2021. But no fight.
IIRC he had goals in each of his first four games with the Caps. And I think Vrana started out hot with Detroit too, had a 3 or 4 goal game out of the gate.

Looked like a win-win trade at first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad