League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The first ballot part is what surprises me the most.

Has anybody here actually been to the HHOF? I have not. I should add it to my bucket list.

I live in Toronto, a 20 min train ride from the HHOF. I visited it most recently in 2018, right after we won the Cup.

They had an entire Caps/Ovi section with game-used equipment, and of course, their names freshly engraved on the Cup.

Worth a visit anytime I would say, they even have interactive shooting galleries there.

Top 5 is an entirely different conversation from the GOAT.

It is, but that first conversation quickly leads to the second one when you look at the accomplishments on both sides.

Reactions: PlushMinus

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Skinner doesn't even pretend to play any kind of defense. As a team where there are lots of youth coming up, i don't really want that kind of influence around for them. Not to mention Skinner being a guy that needs to play coddled rookie minutes.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
When this is the baseline...................o_O

1719469397407.png

Reactions: Calicaps

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
The HHOF has been watered down for a long time now. Guy Carbonneau in is a joke.
I agree, but I would also add that Guy is in for his defensive play (or at least reputation) rather than his points production.

I'd love to see what the modern models say about his defensive work, but he was seen as arguably the best defensive forward of that generation winning 3 Selkes and finishing in the top 10 of Selke voting 10 times (mostly top 5).

Reactions: PlushMinus

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I agree, but I would also add that Guy is in for his defensive play (or at least reputation) rather than his points production.

I'd love to see what the modern models say about his defensive work, but he was seen as arguably the best defensive forward of that generation winning 3 Selkes and finishing in the top 10 of Selke voting 10 times (mostly top 5).
Literally one of the best defensive forwards in history…..HHOF worthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad