NHL Playoffs (non-Stars series talk)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
Conn Smythe really just needs to go to the MVP of the winning team. No one wants to watch a guy on the losing team win it lol was so awkward when it was announced and obviously he's not gonna come out and accept it after losing
But what Panther deserved it?

The Conn Smythe is for PLAYOFF MVP, not Stanley Cup Final MVP. McDavid had a hell of a playoff.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
But what Panther deserved it?

The Conn Smythe is for PLAYOFF MVP, not Stanley Cup Final MVP. McDavid had a hell of a playoff.
Bob, or Barkov

McDavid was a non-factor in over 25% of the games he played all playoffs, including games 6 and 7.
Bob had some bad games too, as does everyone in the PO at some point.
But giving it to a losing player who failed to produce in almost 1/3rd of the games, including the 2 biggest games of the year he played is an interesting choice. Even if his numbers deserved it

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
Bob, or Barkov

McDavid was a non-factor in over 25% of the games he played all playoffs, including games 6 and 7.
Bob had some bad games too, as does everyone in the PO at some point.
But giving it to a losing player who failed to produce in almost 1/3rd of the games he played is an interesting choice.
Agree to disagree on this one.

No Panther really stood out to me all playoff. McDavid did.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Agree to disagree on this one.

No Panther really stood out to me all playoff. McDavid did.
Yeah the panthers aren't built to be a team with a standout player.
Where as the Oilers and exclusively built around scoring and outscoring their defensive deficiencies (though they somehow figured out how to kill penalties with amazing efficiency... a part of the game that McDavid doesn't contribute anything too) their PK impressed me more than anything McDavid did, though it's probably the expectations. You expect McDavid to score, when he doesn't and he is fumbling pucks like he was in game 7 and being an active detriment, that stands out more than anything he did positive in the PO to me

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
WJ clocks in as the only Dallas player in the top 20 WPA

GQ65JBUWEAArBsI.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad