NHL Playoffs (non-Stars series talk)

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Shame it's not true. Those colors are awesome and should be worn by the Wild. Those are the colors a lot of fans in Minnesota grew to associate with NHL hockey. They should bring it back because the current Wild color scheme is bland.
This is incorrect. Color was not invented until 1992. (they saw the black jerseys)

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Theodore + Thompson for Marner is f***ing awful for Vegas

Is it?

Hanifan, Pietrangelo, and McNabb is already a solid core three with good depth defenders below. They need someone who can reliably play in the top six, unlike Mark Stone. Marner's 8th in points since 2020, and more importantly, a strong playdriver. Also meshes well with Vegas' more deliberate, passing style of offensive play. I'm not a huge fan of Marner, but I think with the way their roster is built, the gain (Marner next to Eichel) is stronger than the loss (Theodore and depth in net).

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Is it?

Hanifan, Pietrangelo, and McNabb is already a solid core three with good depth defenders below. They need someone who can reliably play in the top six, unlike Mark Stone. Marner's 8th in points since 2020, and more importantly, a strong playdriver. Also meshes well with Vegas' more deliberate, passing style of offensive play. I'm not a huge fan of Marner, but I think with the way their roster is built, the gain (Marner next to Eichel) is stronger than the loss (Theodore and depth in net).
Pietrangelo and McNabb are not on Theodores level (anymore in Pie's case), and both are in their mid 30s.
Pietrangelo already looks like shell of his former self, he's going to get a lot worse over the last 3yr of his deal

Hanifin and Theo should be the 2 they're looking to keep.
They're stuck with Pietrangelo.

Reactions: LT

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Pietrangelo and McNabb are not on Theodores level (anymore in Pie's case), and both are in their mid 30s.
Pietrangelo already looks like shell of his former self, he's going to get a lot worse over the last 3yr of his deal

Hanifin and Theo should be the 2 they're looking to keep.
They're stuck with Pietrangelo.
Agreed on all accounts here.

Kinda funny that near PPG Mark Stone cannot reliably be in the top 6 but they should move their #1 D for a guy that is a total no show in playoffs

Reactions: LT

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Agreed on all accounts here.

Kinda funny that near PPG Mark Stone cannot reliably be in the top 6 but they should move their #1 D for a guy that is a total no show in playoffs
But you know how this would go, right? If this happens, the hockey gods will see to it that Marber wins the Conn Smythe with an otherworldly playoff run.

Edit: stupid phone

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Laughable officiating. Hyman with a late shot at the goalie, turtles like a bitch, and somehow the Oilers end up with a 5 on 3. Can always chalk up at least one game the refs will hand to the OIlers, they won't be able to save them 3 more times though

Reactions: redbeardtx

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
Laughable officiating. Hyman with a late shot at the goalie, turtles like a bitch, and somehow the Oilers end up with a 5 on 3. Can always chalk up at least one game the refs will hand to the OIlers, they won't be able to save them 3 more times though
Florida's done some shit in this series too that's been questionable.

I'm not an Oilers fan by any means but the officiating has been shit on both ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad