NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
1200px-Rasputin_PA.jpg

Checks out.

No pick tipping! @JojoTheWhale was eyeing him up for his legend 4C.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
That was way harsh, Bern.

Worst of all, you took it as myth, meaning that it doesn't and can't exist in the Quackverse as a real thing. I was going to will it into existence through the Dealer's Choice, then pick up an aging 1st ballot HOFer that's still on the board, and then use the FoY to get him back into his prime.

Now I am really remorseful for choosing this and unknowingly thwarting such an ingenious plan. Let me dunk a few of my legends in and keep you in the know whether there is any truth to this myth.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"The Tampa Bay FireSticks are pleased to select, as their Franchise Chain Restaurant, Ruth's Chris Steak House.

ribeye-page-cowboy-2.png

"We express our admiration for Ruth's Chris Steak House founder Ruth Fertel, who mortgaged her home in 1965 to buy a small steak house in [REDACTED] As a single mother of two boys, Mrs. Fertel taught herself the restaurant business and successfully turned her investment into a high-quality franchise. The name comes from a tragedy when a kitchen fire destroyed Chris Steak House in 1976, forcing Mrs. Fertel to relocate; however, she could no longer use the name Chris Steak House. Short on time, she improvised, adding her own name to the sign. The next year, they opened their first franchise location in 1977 and now features locations in 21 countries. In 2019, total earnings topped $468 million."

"We look forward to a long and calorie-laden partnership with this refined restaurant chain."

@Strawberry Fields, @Strawberry Fields ...

iu
iu
iu

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I guess I'll get this one out of the way because I don't eat at chain restaurants, outside of fast food on occasion, and this is the last chain restaurant I recall being at more than once in "recent" years.

I first went into this restaurant for the novelty of it in 2011. We were in San Francisco and this restaurant had a nice lookout on the pier at Fisherman's Wharf. We didn't go to another until 2017 when we took our niece to Disneyland and this restaurant was across the street from our hotel. I haven't been to another since.

I am still blown away that it became a thing.

Our team chain restaurant is Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.. :laugh:

View attachment 427725

Over to my PNW rival, @Rebels57!
This was my first choice as well. Surprisingly good food for what it is.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Looks like we need a goalie, so why not one who only played in one NHL game, in mop up duty, gave up 1 goal on 2 shots and finished with a GAA of 9.55? And, as an added bonus, he played for the Flyers!
View attachment 427734
Jerome John Mrazek (born October 15, 1951) is a Canadian retired professional ice hockeygoaltender who played in one NHL game for the Philadelphia Flyers during the 1975–76 NHL season. He played for three seasons with the University of Minnesota-Duluth. He also played in the IHL and AHL.

So why ol Jerome? Well, besides the cool beard and the fact that he played guitar, his nickname was “Moses” And, who knows? We may need someone to lead our wandering through the Quackverse and someone who can part a sea or two.
Levels kids, levels.

@BernieParent , the Firesticks, sadly, are on the clock again
We have had two Mrazek’s that have barely played for us? Amazing.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
"The Tampa Bay FireSticks are pleased to select, as their Franchise Chain Restaurant, Ruth's Chris Steak House.

ribeye-page-cowboy-2.png

"We express our admiration for Ruth's Chris Steak House founder Ruth Fertel, who mortgaged her home in 1965 to buy a small steak house in [REDACTED] As a single mother of two boys, Mrs. Fertel taught herself the restaurant business and successfully turned her investment into a high-quality franchise. The name comes from a tragedy when a kitchen fire destroyed Chris Steak House in 1976, forcing Mrs. Fertel to relocate; however, she could no longer use the name Chris Steak House. Short on time, she improvised, adding her own name to the sign. The next year, they opened their first franchise location in 1977 and now features locations in 21 countries. In 2019, total earnings topped $468 million."

"We look forward to a long and calorie-laden partnership with this refined restaurant chain."

@Strawberry Fields, @Strawberry Fields ...

iu
iu
iu
I’ve eaten here once. It was good but man was I disappointed by the portion sizes.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Team Urban Myth - GREMLINS!

Z32rcZ6ReUyX-igNHp_QBhhVopbMzlQtvXjir4mK8v6mBaeusnEhdafHCiEr7zmLxyoxcCe_6fKvUwJkbvk6lb6wIxycFERpBnh7vwc84LrvAZhytPViXJDGjj4EGMvp0PH5AeYl

No, not the ones you can’t feed after midnight. We’re talking about these guys:

Q2O19MEJejVMihsrljDCzwDqSIWVriFUZl8T1ODSzpYHuhRa2ca43B5ZI-yxZyDFWK7hhYGX40qo3lZVvzh6I6JI1I83_259x13MjrqKMJjvsJwrhJMTX7_lK6inY7lTFKjq61yp

542l6URmnkNEGgLa5LfghRca4NVNSjzF1D3ILkw1qI8j3FrkbG3JJmMp2rlr0HdPdixxcfIAQu7iny92mhLbk8Ulk0X5MnyYvQPdFNskhir3KYpFISbe9IrnL-CZ5Djg_Wmru2e0

Though they usually looked a little different on WWII posters.

icCYG4YFfy-KVpbhXvZwS4A6zvHmUUGqiJOjhRqSc5LSUnt3l2m1URcOsjcta1aQBO_LUGM67wRZdLtKc01Bq_SRTtvkiBefCDM5a_WI42g1_ESiPHdK6OaSZqXopqlBwU_Qnkit

These mischievous creatures started popping up in the 1920’s as an explanation by RAF pilots for unexplained damage and malfunctions on their aircraft. They’ve even been credited by some as helping to win the Battle of Britain. How? By having gremlins to blame for their mishaps rather than each other, British airmen could commiserate with one another and morale remained high. If they had started to point fingers at one another, morale could have plummeted, with disastrous consequences.

You may think it foolish to bring gremlins into the Quackverse, but you’d be wrong!

w0aRoegJQE-cpUpw26-O24VHcb374M_SPm06HV0XaSmBXSA9EV_Z7IYTsk0OgAovlVbSJVRekprms0M0hLix83PezR0lye5Pq7jBf1b2G9t-JRE-OVd07rEKElO2Sj-C4nQuL6OC

@Hollywood Couturier

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Team Urban Myth - GREMLINS!

Z32rcZ6ReUyX-igNHp_QBhhVopbMzlQtvXjir4mK8v6mBaeusnEhdafHCiEr7zmLxyoxcCe_6fKvUwJkbvk6lb6wIxycFERpBnh7vwc84LrvAZhytPViXJDGjj4EGMvp0PH5AeYl

No, not the ones you can’t feed after midnight. We’re talking about these guys:

Q2O19MEJejVMihsrljDCzwDqSIWVriFUZl8T1ODSzpYHuhRa2ca43B5ZI-yxZyDFWK7hhYGX40qo3lZVvzh6I6JI1I83_259x13MjrqKMJjvsJwrhJMTX7_lK6inY7lTFKjq61yp

542l6URmnkNEGgLa5LfghRca4NVNSjzF1D3ILkw1qI8j3FrkbG3JJmMp2rlr0HdPdixxcfIAQu7iny92mhLbk8Ulk0X5MnyYvQPdFNskhir3KYpFISbe9IrnL-CZ5Djg_Wmru2e0

Though they usually looked a little different on WWII posters.

icCYG4YFfy-KVpbhXvZwS4A6zvHmUUGqiJOjhRqSc5LSUnt3l2m1URcOsjcta1aQBO_LUGM67wRZdLtKc01Bq_SRTtvkiBefCDM5a_WI42g1_ESiPHdK6OaSZqXopqlBwU_Qnkit

These mischievous creatures started popping up in the 1920’s as an explanation by RAF pilots for unexplained damage and malfunctions on their aircraft. They’ve even been credited by some as helping to win the Battle of Britain. How? By having gremlins to blame for their mishaps rather than each other, British airmen could commiserate with one another and morale remained high. If they had started to point fingers at one another, morale could have plummeted, with disastrous consequences.

You may think it foolish to bring gremlins into the Quackverse, but you’d be wrong!

w0aRoegJQE-cpUpw26-O24VHcb374M_SPm06HV0XaSmBXSA9EV_Z7IYTsk0OgAovlVbSJVRekprms0M0hLix83PezR0lye5Pq7jBf1b2G9t-JRE-OVd07rEKElO2Sj-C4nQuL6OC

@Hollywood Couturier
How dare you not include this one.
CBA94717-7D42-494D-B7AA-74BBB688323C.gif

That’s pretty cool to learn the origin of that’s true

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, riffraff. Let's play the Feud!

7dwswzq.png

We start the day with known deleter @Hollywood Couturier on the clock, total perve @Young Sandwich on deck, suddenly enriched investor @JojoTheWhale on the lido deck, and then the royal intellectual crater @Lord Defect drooling on the lido afterdeck.

Man, was it relaxing to skip that hockey shit or what? Sounded like they got their sloppy, apathetic asses handed to them again. Are you surprised? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!?! Lolz what a f***ing joke. They don't deserve us, you know. A grown man stealing 25 million dollars right out in the open in front of everyone. Embarrassing.

I hope you have a nice day, but more than that, I hope you pick stuff. Lots and lots of stuff. And here's a friendly reminder - it's spring. That means that you will probably be sitting up there in Philadelphia and Canada and other places where the internet functions, and you will have your windows open, because I know many of you weirdly enjoy the outdoors for whatever reason, and because most of you are ridiculously flush with cash, you will have a lot of papers - bank statements, balance sheets, betting slips, etc. - in stacks on various flat surfaces. Do you want all those records of financial success blown to smithereens so you have to bend over like Chuck to pick them all up? Probably not, right? So get a f***ing acrylic block. This isn't rocket science. It's business, and I am a motherf***ing businessman.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Good morning, riffraff. Let's play the Feud!

7dwswzq.png

We start the day with known deleter @Hollywood Couturier on the clock, total perve @Young Sandwich on deck, suddenly enriched investor @JojoTheWhale on the lido deck, and then the royal intellectual crater @Lord Defect drooling on the lido afterdeck.

Man, was it relaxing to skip that hockey shit or what? Sounded like they got their sloppy, apathetic asses handed to them again. Are you surprised? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!?! Lolz what a f***ing joke. They don't deserve us, you know. A grown man stealing 25 million dollars right out in the open in front of everyone. Embarrassing.

I hope you have a nice day, but more than that, I hope you pick stuff. Lots and lots of stuff. And here's a friendly reminder - it's spring. That means that you will probably be sitting up there in Philadelphia and Canada and other places where the internet functions, and you will have your windows open, because I know many of you weirdly enjoy the outdoors for whatever reason, and because most of you are ridiculously flush with cash, you will have a lot of papers - bank statements, balance sheets, betting slips, etc. - in stacks on various flat surfaces. Do you want all those records of financial success blown to smithereens so you have to bend over like Chuck to pick them all up? Probably not, right? So get a f***ing acrylic block. This isn't rocket science. It's business, and I am a motherf***ing businessman.
Just trying to make sure no pick tipping occurred. You know how it be.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
If you haven't heard of this urban legend before you are either too young, too innocent, or need to get some better friends. It involves a gerbil, a tube, and Richard Gere's butthole. Yes, I am sad to report that it is not actually true that Mr. Gere had to go to the hospital to have a gerbil removed from his rectum.

a1056.gif

Team Urban Legend - Richard Gere was into Gerbilling

Save us, @JojoTheWhale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad