NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"The Tampa Bay FireSticks, while immensely pleased with the current and legendary hockey player lineups we have developed, grow increasingly ... curious about the additional categories required of us as franchise owners. However, we are not without a sense of whimsy, particularly after several rounds of our Official Franchise Alcoholic Beverage. Thus, a spirited (so to speak) discussion was held regarding the selection of a Franchise Urban Myth. After much debate and a not inconsiderable amount of liquid conversation enhancer, our consensus was both longstanding in its legendary status as well as local to our home state, even though the "official" archeological site where Ponce de Leon founded St. Augustine in 1513 is far too close to our -- ugghhhh!! -- rival. We announce the selection of the Fountain of Youth as our choice for this category.

foyarch2015-adj-10x6-web.jpg

"We are unaware whether ownership of this particular myth imbues us with greater longevity, but will gladly lay claim to the tourist revenue associated with it.

"And speaking of Florida's also-ran QuackVerse franchise, @BiggE is now on the clock."

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
"The Tampa Bay FireSticks, while immensely pleased with the current and legendary hockey player lineups we have developed, grow increasingly ... curious about the additional categories required of us as franchise owners. However, we are not without a sense of whimsy, particularly after several rounds of our Official Franchise Alcoholic Beverage. Thus, a spirited (so to speak) discussion was held regarding the selection of a Franchise Urban Myth. After much debate and a not inconsiderable amount of liquid conversation enhancer, our consensus was both longstanding in its legendary status as well as local to our home state, even though the "official" archeological site where Ponce de Leon founded St. Augustine in 1513 is far too close to our -- ugghhhh!! -- rival. We announce the selection of the Fountain of Youth as our choice for this category.

foyarch2015-adj-10x6-web.jpg

"We are unaware whether ownership of this particular myth imbues us with greater longevity, but will gladly lay claim to the tourist revenue associated with it.

"And speaking of Florida's also-ran QuackVerse franchise, @BiggE is now on the clock."

Dammit, Bern! I was keeping this on the back burner for a future Dealer’s Choice.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Tampa is a silly place, now on to our pick!

upload_2021-4-29_16-31-26.gif

Hey boss, what we doing here?
upload_2021-4-29_16-32-24.gif

Listen up big guy, McMahon finally got his act together and asked you, the 8th Wonder of the World, and me, the smartest man in the business, to select the Methgators official chain restaurant.

AtG: What’s a Methgator, boss?

BH: Beats me, but it sounds like something an idiot like McMahon would come up with.

upload_2021-4-29_16-33-5.gif

JUST READ THE DAMN CARD, DAMMIT!!
upload_2021-4-29_16-33-27.gif

AtG: Easy boss, you don’ wanna have a stroke, do you?
upload_2021-4-29_16-33-45.gif

BH: That’s right! Now shut up McMahon and let the Brain continue! You’re welcome! Anyway, the Giant here likes big portions and low prices so, the official chain restaurant of the Jacksonville Methgators is....tell em Andre

AtG: CRACKERBARREL BOSS!!!

upload_2021-4-29_16-34-57.gif

upload_2021-4-29_16-35-16.gif

@CanadianFlyer88 , it’s all you big boy!

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I guess I'll get this one out of the way because I don't eat at chain restaurants, outside of fast food on occasion, and this is the last chain restaurant I recall being at more than once in "recent" years.

I first went into this restaurant for the novelty of it in 2011. We were in San Francisco and this restaurant had a nice lookout on the pier at Fisherman's Wharf. We didn't go to another until 2017 when we took our niece to Disneyland and this restaurant was across the street from our hotel. I haven't been to another since.

I am still blown away that it became a thing.

Our team chain restaurant is Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.. :laugh:

1200px-Bubba_Gump_logo.svg.png

Over to my PNW rival, @Rebels57!

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Imma about to get real dumb..

The PORTLAND FOG select for Future Draft Category:

Team Chicken & It's Celebrity Look-alike

That's right. Choose from one of the many glorious types of Chickens and a celebrity from any space that looks like your chosen chicken. No duplicates on the celebs, obviously.

This is what happens when Buffy is stolen from me.

Last edited:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I guess I'll get this one out of the way because I don't eat at chain restaurants, outside of fast food on occasion, and this is the last chain restaurant I recall being at more than once in "recent" years.

I first went into this restaurant for the novelty of it in 2011. We were in San Francisco and this restaurant had a nice lookout on the pier at Fisherman's Wharf. We didn't go to another until 2018 when we took our niece to Disneyland and this restaurant was across the street from our hotel. I haven't been to another since.

I am still blown away that it became a thing.

Our team chain restaurant is Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.. :laugh:

View attachment 427725

Over to my PNW rival, @Rebels57!
upload_2021-4-29_16-54-59.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Imma about to get real dumb..

The PORTLAND FOG select for Future Draft Category:

Team Chicken & It's Celebrity Look-alike

That's right. Choose from one of the many glorious types of Chickens and a celebrity from any space that looks like your chosen chicken. No duplicates on the the celebs, obviously.

This is what happens when Buffy is stolen from me.

"Mr. Reynolds, as the FireSticks' Franchise Celebrity, may we request that you provide our franchise response to this, please?"

iu

"Thank you."

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Looks like we need a goalie, so why not one who only played in one NHL game, in mop up duty, gave up 1 goal on 2 shots and finished with a GAA of 9.55? And, as an added bonus, he played for the Flyers!
upload_2021-4-29_17-10-19.jpeg

Jerome John Mrazek (born October 15, 1951) is a Canadian retired professional ice hockeygoaltender who played in one NHL game for the Philadelphia Flyers during the 1975–76 NHL season. He played for three seasons with the University of Minnesota-Duluth. He also played in the IHL and AHL.

So why ol Jerome? Well, besides the cool beard and the fact that he played guitar, his nickname was “Moses” And, who knows? We may need someone to lead our wandering through the Quackverse and someone who can part a sea or two.
Levels kids, levels.

@BernieParent , the Firesticks, sadly, are on the clock again

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
That was an unforeseen snipe. I take no glee maybejustalittle in picking what others okayalot were planning for their inferior franchises.

That was way harsh, Bern.

Worst of all, you took it as myth, meaning that it doesn't and can't exist in the Quackverse as a real thing. I was going to will it into existence through the Dealer's Choice, then pick up an aging 1st ballot HOFer that's still on the board, and then use the FoY to get him back into his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad