NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ozzy is a good boy who deserves all he demands.

Unlike @Striiker
giphy.gif

I’m a good noodle.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Alright so we're proud to be here during this historic Phase Nineteen of the Quackverse MegaDraft. Who would have thought that we would be here? But as with somethings in order to move forward you need to go backwards because as you all know I still have a pick or two to make up so i'm going to do that first.

We turn our attention to the Official Team Best Game category and have been deciding between two but then we realized that the one only occurred after I was supposed to have made my pick already and that would be unfair to do so.

To set the scene we must use the Official Team TV Song of the Desert Ducks.

We head to Los Angeles in November of 2018 where the Los Angeles Rams (9-1) faced off against the Kansas City Chiefs (9-1) where we saw the two top scoring offenses in the league heading into the game go up against each other and they did not disappoint. This game saw a few records fall including the highest scoring MNF game, first game where both teams scored 50+ points and the Chiefs set the record for the most points scored in a loss (spoiler alert!).

The Rams beat the Chiefs by a score of 54-51 in a game that saw four lead changes in the fourth quarter alone.

Words can't do this game justice but damn did Booger McFarland and Jason Witten try their best to ruin it (barf). So here's a video recap that the NFL makes you go to YouTube to see.

I don't have to do the handcuffed muligan, right?

So that concludes the Phase Eightteen portion of our program and we head into the new dawn of refuge that is the Quackverse...

We are going to take this moment to right a previous wrong that the jabronis in this league bestowed upon this leagues most hallowed franchise with this selection.

The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are proud to select as our first futurehead of this phase, Shane Wright, who just happens to be Thatcher Venmo's favorite player.

We stand by the fact that we were correct in our selection in him in a previous phase but we will put this one to rest by having Shane finally where he belongs.

Wright_RL_OHL-7249-scaled-e1656633089877-1024x683.jpg

@Striiker I think you're up.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Alright so we're proud to be here during this historic Phase Nineteen of the Quackverse MegaDraft. Who would have thought that we would be here? But as with somethings in order to move forward you need to go backwards because as you all know I still have a pick or two to make up so i'm going to do that first.

We turn our attention to the Official Team Best Game category and have been deciding between two but then we realized that the one only occurred after I was supposed to have made my pick already and that would be unfair to do so.

To set the scene we must use the Official Team TV Song of the Desert Ducks.

We head to Los Angeles in November of 2018 where the Los Angeles Rams (9-1) faced off against the Kansas City Chiefs (9-1) where we saw the two top scoring offenses in the league heading into the game go up against each other and they did not disappoint. This game saw a few records fall including the highest scoring MNF game, first game where both teams scored 50+ points and the Chiefs set the record for the most points scored in a loss (spoiler alert!).

The Rams beat the Chiefs by a score of 54-51 in a game that saw four lead changes in the fourth quarter alone.

Words can't do this game justice but damn did Booger McFarland and Jason Witten try their best to ruin it (barf). So here's a video recap that the NFL makes you go to YouTube to see.

I don't have to do the handcuffed muligan, right?

So that concludes the Phase Eightteen portion of our program and we head into the new dawn of refuge that is the Quackverse...

We are going to take this moment to right a previous wrong that the jabronis in this league bestowed upon this leagues most hallowed franchise with this selection.

The Las Vegas Desert Ducks are proud to select as our first futurehead of this phase, Shane Wright, who just happens to be Thatcher Venmo's favorite player.

We stand by the fact that we were correct in our selection in him in a previous phase but we will put this one to rest by having Shane finally where he belongs.

Wright_RL_OHL-7249-scaled-e1656633089877-1024x683.jpg

@Striiker I think you're up.

If you want to open the last phase I will fill in the boxes, or you can do it.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
f***ing hell. They sang Ironic at tonight's concert at the beach. Also Torn, Shallow (again), Time After Time and then followed all that up with some U2 and inexplicably Seven Nation Army.

f***ing Ironic.

"Irony is not co-in-ci-dence."

You cannot tell me he wasn't poking fun at that song. Man is a genius.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
images

Connor McDavid: Mr. Doug is still away on his retreat in the woods but a note on a leaf smeared with something brown and stinky said DRAFT SIZE.

Normally I'd go for skill, like REDACTED, but I guess we listen to Mr. Doug.

Before I pick though, check out the new item on my Etsy store!
640x530.jpg

Pretty sweet, huh?

Okay, anyway, Mr. Doug would want me to draft this guy and I think maybe he'll do okay on my wing some day if I ever learn to say his name.

The Chimpanzees select for their first Futurehead - Jur...uh...Jouri...Slaw...Slav..Slaf...

Jerry Seinfeld! No, okay, I will just hold up this sign and it says the pick.

Juraj Slafkovsky​

images

Oh hi @CanadianFlyer88 , it's your turn to pick.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The Flaming Zeppelins would like to trade back. Wait, what's that? We can't trade back. Hell. Ok.

I know nothing about these kids. Took a look a some scouting reports and all I see are huge question marks. [Ranch] would be the chalk pick, I guess, but his biggest plusses seem to be size and his heavy righthand shot. Skating, overall skill, etc. are all in question? Sheesh.

Maybe I should look at [Liverwurst]? After all, Chuck did draft Kaprisov in the 5th round! But then I remember that scouts tend to get overly enamored with physical tools, whereas those are nice, but give me smarts and skill over the physical stuff any day.

This is really hard.

After much consideration, and with tons of doubt, the NJFZ are proud to select aspiring hair model Matthew Savoie.

matthew-savoie-2022-8671.jpg

@Young Sandwich

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
She said don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself. Derp.

Ce4a.gif

We start the day with @Young Sandwich on the clock, so make sure you have your filth filters on - unlike yours truly, that disgusting creeper is going to post NSFW material for sure. @Asnito is on deck, and for that I would suggest turning off your critical thinking and let it just happen. For your mental health, innit. @JojoTheWhale is on the lido deck, and he already controls all of our computers, so trying to do anything manually is pointless. Bernie is on the lido afterdeck, and that's about as safe as you can get. Hopefully. They had the Country Music Awards of the Week yesterday, apparently, so it should be out of his system.

I have found a few Korean dating shows recently. One is called "Transit Love," and it is awesome. AWESOME. They take four couples who have broken up and put them in a house together for like three weeks. Some of the couples are well and truly over it and ready to date other people in the house, and others are still pining for each other and trying to get back together while temptation is all around them. I know it doesn't sound like anything special, but it is really, really good, especially the one couple who had been together for three and a half years and had only been broken up for three months. The girl was really having a hard time in the beginning - she came to the realization that she hadn't processed the break-up at all, like she was experiencing it as just a break from each other, so the reality of the break-up hit her all at once in the house. One of the other guys, who had been broken up for 11 years, was pursuing her hard (phrasing) and well. Her ex had drawn a firm line in the sand that they should basically be strangers, to protect both of them from backsliding or suffering, and to watch him realize his mistake and regain all his feelings for her was fascinating and heartbreaking.

The other one is called "Divorced Singles," and it is just as it sounds. It's good, but they are only together for five days and four nights, and that limits the investment they have in each other and the viewer has in them. They follow them for a while afterwards, but I am just kind of getting started with that part, so we'll have to see.

I hope all of you can find something this real to watch.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
@Captain Dave Poulin Just so you know, I didn't get a tag. I don't know if you edited it or they've screwed with how many Notifications you can send out.

f***ing hell. They sang Ironic at tonight's concert at the beach. Also Torn, Shallow (again), Time After Time and then followed all that up with some U2 and inexplicably Seven Nation Army.

f***ing Ironic.

I think "Torn" might be the most French karaoke North American 90s single? I'm trying to beat this and coming up blank.

*Edit* She's Australian?! Why did I think she was Canadian?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
NSFW?! That is blasphemy. If anything, "Divorced Singles" is the most NSFW combination of words we've ever read on this board. If there's one thing the Sexpos are known for, it's good clean fun for the whole entire family. Oh, and also lying through our teeth on occasion.

Montreal is going to a page out of Andre Dawson's book and taking a swing for the fences here.

JYP_Lambert_Brad-1-e1634612402559.jpg

Futurehead - Brad Lambert

GO @Asnito GO

@Captain Dave Poulin Just so you know, I didn't get a tag. I don't know if you edited it or they've screwed with how many Notifications you can send out.

I think "Torn" might be the most French karaoke North American 90s single? I'm trying to beat this and coming up blank.

*Edit* She's Australian?! Why did I think she was Canadian?
"Torn" and especially Natalie are property of the Montreal Sexpos, so don't you or @mja dare say anything you might regret. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad