NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – TITILLATING PHASE TWENTY-FOUR!

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
IMG_0860.jpeg

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The GOAT. My favorite Funk story:

DDedRv2XkAUsQJ7
Funk was also the one who suggested to Mick Foley that he and the Undertaker start their Hell in a Cell match on top of the cell.

Funk was amazing. From a great technical wrestler in the 70s to a brawler in the 80s and a hardcore legend in the 90s and 2000s, he really was on of a kind.

Rest in peace, Funker.
1692824812386.gif

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
Funk was also the one who suggested to Mick Foley that he and the Undertaker start their Hell in a Cell match on top of the cell.

Funk was amazing. From a great technical wrestler in the 70s to a brawler in the 80s and a hardcore legend in the 90s and 2000s, he really was on of a kind.

Rest in peace, Funker.
View attachment 738304

I know I don't have to tell you any of this, but the breadth of the runs and the variation is unlike anyone else to ever do it.

You've got the Younger Brother run with Dory Jr. You've got the touring NWA World Champion in the mid-70s. He's the biggest babyface you've ever seen in early 80s All Japan as the adopted son of Japan heir to The Destroyer's throne. Early 80s Japan. AS A TEXAN.

There's the largely forgotten excellent earlier WWF run as a money machine peak Hogan opponent. He's got the best heel run ever as the guy who's grumpy for being passed over in '89 NWA/WCW. He's the Onita foil that pushes FMW to the moon. His Puerto Rico work is that unique combo of goofy and violent Funk turned up to 11. Terry Funk is the credibility that launches indy wrestling in the US as a thing. He's got face AND heel runs in ECW that are just perfect. Funk made Foley. He made Sabu. The '81 Memphis feud with Lawler is unbelievable. Then again in 83. Then again in 90. Hell, he's got a 2000s Memphis feud with Lawler that's shockingly good. And from all accounts, just a wonderful person.

The best compliment I can possibly give the man is that I don't hate "Desperado" because it immediately makes me think of him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Rest in peace, Funker.
View attachment 738304
Think this is from the exploding ring match against Onita.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Alright, i'm back. Today was the first time that I sensed a tinge of sarcasm in Cap with his "we're chilling."

So without further adieu, we are going to make our selection for Team Childhood Toy.

We did thing long and hard about this one over this chilling period as I said I would and what I came up with was one of my favorites.

Team Helmets

I'm talking of course about the little helmets that came out in the quarter machines or you could buy the whole sets. I loved to play matchups with them and create a game in my head as I played with them. Then when I wasn't playing with them I loved to put them in standings order.

nfl_helmets__78585.1572026851.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

51lyhwvyuql__66446.1477303351.jpg

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Alright, i'm back. Today was the first time that I sensed a tinge of sarcasm in Cap with his "we're chilling."

So without further adieu, we are going to make our selection for Team Childhood Toy.

We did thing long and hard about this one over this chilling period as I said I would and what I came up with was one of my favorites.

Team Helmets

I'm talking of course about the little helmets that came out in the quarter machines or you could buy the whole sets. I loved to play matchups with them and create a game in my head as I played with them. Then when I wasn't playing with them I loved to put them in standings order.

nfl_helmets__78585.1572026851.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

51lyhwvyuql__66446.1477303351.jpg
Best pick of this round. I absolutely loved those things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad