NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – THANK YOU, HELLO PHASE TWENTY-SEVEN!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am drunk on Oily tears. *hiccup*

drunk-man-meme-klib9ggtdrqgz5hv.gif

We start the day with @DancingPanther and @Striiker and @Rebels57 and my bro on the clock.

I can't believe the draft is on Friday already. I live in hope without expectation. It's the only way to be. For example, say they trade up to 7OA just to pick Yakemchuk. Would you be surprised? Of course you wouldn't. So f*** it. Bring it on.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hello.

2304df7e-933d-4998-873f-8b0cd1cbf6de_text.gif

We start the day with @ajgoal on the clock, @GKJ on deck, @Chuck Downie on the lido deck, and Strawberry on the lido deck. And everyone before them on the clock.

Our internet went out for a while last night, so I watched "Call Northside 777" off my DVR. It's not a typical noir in terms of story, but it is really good. It made a big deal of shooting on location in Chicago, and you can see why - the "scenery," if you will, is just spectacular.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Wimbledon is literally the only thing on TV.

iMCeMs.gif

"We start the day with @Magua on the clock, @pit on deck, @JojoTheWhale on the lido deck with a pair (phrasing), and pit back on the lido afterpit."

I'm in big trouble - I'm already crack-addicted to Timberborn. At first, I didn't know if I would even be able to play - it was too hard. But at some point, you turn a corner and you see what you can do with it. It's f***ing amazing. Having said that, I am really stuck on this one thing and I can't find the answer, the bastards.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Draft and free agency madness is over. Pick time.

The Honolulu Ghibli choose our Team Candle/Essential Oil.....Olive Oil

olive-oil-nutrition-facts-benefits-for-skin-and-health-side-effects-more-722x406.jpg

We don't really care much for candles and diffusers in this franchise. But we now control all olive oil production and distribution. Our essential oil is truly essential.

319348-1586167355.jpg

@pit -- this must be what Minnesota felt like picking Buium

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You ever have that thing that you’ve always wanted, but no matter the financial situation, you just don’t think you could ever spend that much money on something for yourself? That’s me and Lange & Söhne watches. I don’t like watches that are too busy or have things like diamonds on them. It’s the craftsmanship that interests me. The back is clear so you can look at this monster:

ALS-1815-Rattrapante-Honeygold-Homage-to-F.-A.-Lange-425.050.009-1.jpg

The movement has 365 parts with 36 jewels all constructed and polished for presentation. It’s ridiculous in all the best ways. But on the front, it’s much more simple and elegant.

ALS-1815-Rattrapante-Honeygold-Homage-to-F.-A.-Lange-425.050.002.jpg

Even the gold is proprietary. Lange has a patented option for limited watches they call Honeygold that makes it harder than any other gold while also making it appear anywhere from white gold all the way up to a light rose gold depending on the light.

ALS-1815-Rattrapante-Honeygold-Homage-to-F.-A.-Lange-425.050.015.jpg

Team Watch: A Lange & Söhne 1815 Rattrapante Honeygold

RIP boxes.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
20121024-lens-tenhooper-slide-JCKW-blog480.jpg

Aokigahara (青木ヶ原, 'Blue Tree Meadow'), also known as the Sea of Trees (樹海, Jukai), is a forest on the northwestern flank of Mount Fuji on the island of Honshu in Japan, thriving on 30 square kilometres (12 sq mi) of hardened lava laid down by the last major eruption of Mount Fuji in 864 CE.[1] The western edge of Aokigahara, where there are several caves that fill with ice in winter, is a popular destination for tourists and school trips. Parts of Aokigahara are very dense, and the porous lava rock absorbs sound, contributing to a sense of solitude that some visitors attribute to the forest.[2]

The forest has a historical reputation as a home to yūrei: ghosts of the dead in Japanese mythology. At least since the 1960s, Aokigahara has become associated with suicide, eventually becoming known in English by the nickname "Suicide Forest" and gaining a reputation as one of the world's most-used suicide sites. Because of this, signs at the head of some trails urge suicidal visitors to think of their families and contact a suicide prevention association.

Team Haunted Place: Aokighara

@Magua

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We really need a War Movie II (and III) category. It's a sin to have to choose one.

The Honolulu Ghibli get the projector out for our Team War Movie......Letters From Iwo Jima

1720039122338.png

An almost impossibly nuanced and empathetic movie from an American director in a Hollywood production. It never feels like it; there's a uniqueness to it in the war movie pantheon. I think it might be Eastwood's crowning achievement.

@BigToe -- fight me.....on celluloid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad