NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – SUPER PEJORATIVE BEDARDED PHASE TWENTY-SIX!

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I definitely didn’t forget to make a pick.

Team Commando: Bill Rizer

tumblr_odfjrnQLh51tdkro1o1_500.gif

tumblr_mpiqvogX6K1qgly4jo1_500.gif

@CanadianFlyer88 I’ll bet you didn’t know the Contra guys had names. Neither did I 5 minutes ago.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I definitely didn’t forget to make a pick.

Team Commando: Bill Rizer

tumblr_odfjrnQLh51tdkro1o1_500.gif

tumblr_mpiqvogX6K1qgly4jo1_500.gif

@CanadianFlyer88 I’ll bet you didn’t know the Contra guys had names. Neither did I 5 minutes ago.
I was given an XBox S around Lunar New Year and there was a Contra bundle on sale for just a few dollars.... I stupidly passed on it.

I loved those NES games.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hahahaha Calipari hahahahaha greasy bitch hahahahahaha

ez7oMD6.gif

We start the day with @Hollywood Cannon on the clock, @Striiker on deck, @ajgoal on the lido deck, and Strawberry on the lido afterdeck.

I watched the first episode of "Silo" yesterday. I liked it. It made me want the new "Fallout" series to hurry up and get here. It also reminded me to check on some anime series I have been waiting to finish their run before I start them. I also watched the latest episode of "EXchange" - it was almost 3 1/2 hours long, and utterly fantastic.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Nooner today. Member when a "nooner" meant you were about to get some? I member.

3XwVXBi.gif

"We start the day with @Hollywood Cannon on the clock, @Striiker on deck, @ajgoal on the lido deck, and Strawberry on the lido afterdeck," he said.

I watched "House of Gucci" last night. I was really disappointed. I had been looking forward to this for a long time, but I thought it did a terrible job of telling the story of Gucci, the company, which meant that the narrative was sort of untethered from its history. I don't quite believe this myself, but it's true - Jared Leto was awesome in it. He was hilarious as the incompetent cousin. Al Pacino, on the other hand, has completely lost it and needs to retire ASAP.

No "I Am SOLO" for the second week in a row. George is getting upset.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My apologies two kids on the last weekend of HCette’s maternity leave and car shopping makes HC a dull boy.

We are proud to select as our Official Team Goodwill Ambassador…

Cillian Murphy

My man has come out guns blazing at times when asked about England/Britain as an Irishman and that’s the kind of energy we want here. No holds barred. We want goodwill with the people we like and someone that won’t pull punches with the people we don’t like.

@Striiker

Have at it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I hate car dealers. I hate car dealers. I really, really hate car dealers. I'm currently in hell. Is it going poorly for you too?
I made it through the other side finally yesterday.

Over the last month plus I’ve had to get myself a car and HCette a car. My car buying process went off without much of a hitch because I’ve dealt with the sales guy on four cars for myself over the years, HCette’s dad bought a car from him, and so did my sister’s husband’s parents so there’s some history there to simplify things.

HCettes? Not nearly as simple. Her lease that we have to turn in has a cracked headlight which is making things a lot more difficult as the car WOULD have equity if it wasn’t for that. Luckily the dealer that we have history with and through my negotiations for my car they agreed to take it back without us having to fix the headlight and not have to worry about any other fixes so no extra cost to us.

HCette wants a bigger car now than what we’ve had because it’s hell having to decide if you want a stroller in the car or if you’re going to be able to go grocery shopping. First world problems to the max but hey it’s what HCette wants.

We went into a local dealership the other week knowing that they didn’t have a car with the options that HCette wanted on the lot so had hopes they’d be able to trade for it. We went back and forth before eventually reaching a “deal” that would allow them to go and try and trade for the cars.

That deal consisted of several banks “declining” her due to credit where we eventually just decided to settle on one that they offered that was a couple years longer than what we wanted (knowing we’d just go get our own financing in the meantime). They told my wife what her credit score was at a time where I was driving back and forth to my office as it was right down the street.

They said that they’d let us know in a couple days where the process is at with trying to trade but it might take through the weekend.

Yesterday morning we get a call and the first car they were trying to trade for sold and the second one the other dealership wouldn’t trade.

HCette and I found another local dealership that had common ownership with another dealer that was 50+ miles away that had multiples of the car that she wanted so yesterday we decided to go in to try and see what we could cook up.

Went in and told them what the other “deal” was with a bit of exaggeration to leave some wiggle room knowing that they could just tell us “well did you get the car?” since the other deal was trading and they had some within their footprint. They actually had one on the lot that wasn’t on the website.

They said they’d see what they can do but first let’s check credit and all that.

My wife’s credit score according to them was 70 points higher than the other dealership said (frankly higher than what we even thought it was) and getting an approval at a rate and year length that we were comfortable with and actually better than anything we found for ourselves. It was seamless which was a little jarring. They preceded to hem and haw a little bit on the ask that we presented before eventually breaking down and giving it to us at that price.

We wound up purchasing it yesterday in what in itself was a pretty pain free deal.

It did leave a pretty bad taste in my mouth about the other dealership for seemingly playing some type of game.

Car shopping is such a stressful time where you never know if you’re getting played, getting a good deal, whether words being said are actually true. I hated every second of it. HCette hated it even more than me.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I made it through the other side finally yesterday.

Over the last month plus I’ve had to get myself a car and HCette a car. My car buying process went off without much of a hitch because I’ve dealt with the sales guy on four cars for myself over the years, HCette’s dad bought a car from him, and so did my sister’s husband’s parents so there’s some history there to simplify things.

HCettes? Not nearly as simple. Her lease that we have to turn in has a cracked headlight which is making things a lot more difficult as the car WOULD have equity if it wasn’t for that. Luckily the dealer that we have history with and through my negotiations for my car they agreed to take it back without us having to fix the headlight and not have to worry about any other fixes so no extra cost to us.

HCette wants a bigger car now than what we’ve had because it’s hell having to decide if you want a stroller in the car or if you’re going to be able to go grocery shopping. First world problems to the max but hey it’s what HCette wants.

We went into a local dealership the other week knowing that they didn’t have a car with the options that HCette wanted on the lot so had hopes they’d be able to trade for it. We went back and forth before eventually reaching a “deal” that would allow them to go and try and trade for the cars.

That deal consisted of several banks “declining” her due to credit where we eventually just decided to settle on one that they offered that was a couple years longer than what we wanted (knowing we’d just go get our own financing in the meantime). They told my wife what her credit score was at a time where I was driving back and forth to my office as it was right down the street.

They said that they’d let us know in a couple days where the process is at with trying to trade but it might take through the weekend.

Yesterday morning we get a call and the first car they were trying to trade for sold and the second one the other dealership wouldn’t trade.

HCette and I found another local dealership that had common ownership with another dealer that was 50+ miles away that had multiples of the car that she wanted so yesterday we decided to go in to try and see what we could cook up.

Went in and told them what the other “deal” was with a bit of exaggeration to leave some wiggle room knowing that they could just tell us “well did you get the car?” since the other deal was trading and they had some within their footprint. They actually had one on the lot that wasn’t on the website.

They said they’d see what they can do but first let’s check credit and all that.

My wife’s credit score according to them was 70 points higher than the other dealership said (frankly higher than what we even thought it was) and getting an approval at a rate and year length that we were comfortable with and actually better than anything we found for ourselves. It was seamless which was a little jarring. They preceded to hem and haw a little bit on the ask that we presented before eventually breaking down and giving it to us at that price.

We wound up purchasing it yesterday in what in itself was a pretty pain free deal.

It did leave a pretty bad taste in my mouth about the other dealership for seemingly playing some type of game.

Car shopping is such a stressful time where you never know if you’re getting played, getting a good deal, whether words being said are actually true. I hated every second of it. HCette hated it even more than me.

I'm glad it worked out in the end and she got what she wanted. That's the most important thing.

You're much nicer than I am. The vehicle in question here has these goofy ass projectors that shoot a logo on the ground when you open the car door, which lead to a 15 minute long conversation with the service department about whether it was possible to turn them off. I got tired of waiting through everyone expressing their surprise that someone didn't like that feature, opened the door to the one on the showroom floor, and crawled under it. Yep, I can block that with 2 cents of electrical tape. It's a good thing my wife can laugh at me instead of getting embarrassed.

I'm trying to grab a 2023 leftover. I found the car she wanted online, walked into our local dealership, beat them up on price, and left a deposit contingent on it being traded to them. The dealer that has the car still won't answer as to whether or not they're willing to trade it. They took the first call Thursday morning, said they needed until the end of the day to answer, and are now dodging every other phone call the local GM makes. So my stubborn ass is going to be in Doylestown when they open tomorrow morning.

Our local dealer told us that they checked the whole country and this was the only option that fit our requirements. I didn't believe them, but didn't care to investigate further because we were assured they deal with Doylestown all the time. Now that they're being pricks, I checked every 2023 left in the country and found 3 more. I am....unhappy. That dealer is my second stop on my way home because I would like to know why they're not trying to get the one in Virginia, Georgia, or California instead. Especially that California one because it's discounted even more than the other ones. Transporting it isn't my problem. The manager shouldn't have made a show about happily scouring the entire country for us if he didn't want to be taken up on it.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Audi Boi, I gather?

Dan Hilferty has an R8 with custom IBX projectors. But it’s less a projector on the ground and more like the Bat signal.

Never had a German vehicle. Pretty sure @Striiker and I have similar tastes in this area. I’ve always had fast Japanese cars.

This one is a Mercedes my wife and I are getting for my Mom. She would accept the gift gracefully and let it silently bother her forever. :laugh:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I'm glad it worked out in the end and she got what she wanted. That's the most important thing.

You're much nicer than I am. The vehicle in question here has these goofy ass projectors that shoot a logo on the ground when you open the car door, which lead to a 15 minute long conversation with the service department about whether it was possible to turn them off. I got tired of waiting through everyone expressing their surprise that someone didn't like that feature, opened the door to the one on the showroom floor, and crawled under it. Yep, I can block that with 2 cents of electrical tape. It's a good thing my wife can laugh at me instead of getting embarrassed.

I'm trying to grab a 2023 leftover. I found the car she wanted online, walked into our local dealership, beat them up on price, and left a deposit contingent on it being traded to them. The dealer that has the car still won't answer as to whether or not they're willing to trade it. They took the first call Thursday morning, said they needed until the end of the day to answer, and are now dodging every other phone call the local GM makes. So my stubborn ass is going to be in Doylestown when they open tomorrow morning.

Our local dealer told us that they checked the whole country and this was the only option that fit our requirements. I didn't believe them, but didn't care to investigate further because we were assured they deal with Doylestown all the time. Now that they're being pricks, I checked every 2023 left in the country and found 3 more. I am....unhappy. That dealer is my second stop on my way home because I would like to know why they're not trying to get the one in Virginia, Georgia, or California instead. Especially that California one because it's discounted even more than the other ones. Transporting it isn't my problem. The manager shouldn't have made a show about happily scouring the entire country for us if he didn't want to be taken up on it.
Car dealers are all John Tortorellas

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Despite some of the GREAT results of karma reasserting itSelf (phrasing), college basketball has gone completely to shit. Hockey, too.

QRCjWVb.jpg

We start the day with @Strawberry Fields on the clock, @BiggE on deck, @pit on the lido deck, and MacGruber on the lido afterdeck.

I don't understand what car dealers are doing now. I was looking at the MINI dealership page - we just have one in the St. Louis area, the one I got my MINI from in 2007 - and they have one two-door hardtop in stock. I know that sounds insane, but that's what it said. And I've heard all kinds of things from other people, on here and elsewhere. Like, I want to buy one of your things, but you don't have any of your things for sale. The f*** are we doing?

Society is in the toilet.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Despite some of the GREAT results of karma reasserting itSelf (phrasing), college basketball has gone completely to shit. Hockey, too.

QRCjWVb.jpg

We start the day with @Strawberry Fields on the clock, @BiggE on deck, @pit on the lido deck, and MacGruber on the lido afterdeck.

I don't understand what car dealers are doing now. I was looking at the MINI dealership page - we just have one in the St. Louis area, the one I got my MINI from in 2007 - and they have one two-door hardtop in stock. I know that sounds insane, but that's what it said. And I've heard all kinds of things from other people, on here and elsewhere. Like, I want to buy one of your things, but you don't have any of your things for sale. The f*** are we doing?

Society is in the toilet.
I was behind a Mini Countryman last week when I noticed this for the first time: their rear turn signal lights are designed like arrows and point in the opposite direction of the direction they're turning. :laugh:

Like this:

ho66uyianblb1.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad