NHL Free Agent Game #5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

Dallas Stars Introductory Press Conference for Joe Nieuwendyk

Nieuwendyk240.jpg

ESPN: With the latest news from Tom Hicks and the Hicks Sports Group, what is the financial situation of the Stars, and how close will the Stars be to the cap?

Nieuwendyk: I'd like to begin by pointing out that the Dallas Stars in the past 3 years were ranked 4th, 5th, and 6th most valuable team in the NHL by Forbes. Dallas is one of the strongest markets in the NHL, and the Stars are virtually self-sustained in the Hicks Sports Group. That said, Dallas most prepare for the majority of the team becoming a restricted or unrestricted free agent in 2010. Dallas plans to keep their payroll (not cap) around $45 to $50 million, and the Stars will only pass out long term deals to special players.

TSN: Is it true that Marty Turco's NTC is void this summer?

Nieuwendyk: I've been told that Marty Turco's contract had certain performance triggers that were not met. Therefore, he does not have a trade clause going into this summer. To reach our payroll goals, the Dallas Stars are actively shopping Marty Turco. He's been a great goalie for the organization, and coming to this decision wasn't easy. He had a rough year this season, but we believe he can move on to another playoff contender and duplicate the success he's had for us in the post season the last few seasons.

From Mike Heika, Dallas Stars beat writer: http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/some-goalie-talk-1.html
Marty Turco did not reach the triggers for his no-trade clause this season, so he can be traded.

Dallas Morning News: Are the Stars in a rebuild mode?

Nieuwendyk: Of course not. This team represents the 2008 Stars who fell 2 games short of the Stanley Cup playoffs and not the injury-plagued 2009 version. Despite losing their number 1 forward, Brenden Morrow, and number 1 defenseman, Sergei Zubov, the team still managed to get to 5th place in the Western Conference. Unfortunately, with the top players out and 4 to 8 other NHL regulars out at any time, Brad Richards unexpectedly broke his wrist. With 3 of their top 4 players out and a slew of key contributors, the team fell from 5th to out of the playoffs but not before very late into the season.

I truly believe this is a playoff team without those freak injuries. In addition, Dallas defense was just as strong as ever allowing the 5th fewest shots in the league. An improvement in goaltending or even a return to status quo would propel the Stars back into the playoffs.

RDS: There are reports the Stars are interested in bringing Guy Carbonneau in as a coach. Is he considered a candidate for head coach or his Dave Tippett’s job safe?

Nieuwendyk: Guy Carbonneau was a fantastic player and someone I was honored to win a Cup with. He’s proven to be a very good coach in the NHL. I don’t feel the need to expand on that at this time.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Out to work. Will be back in about 10 hours. PM me with offers! A premier young puck moving dman and franchise goalie are available.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Jonas Gustavsson

Basically he has had two real offers that are really interesting and ONE other team that is interested. Please don't come in asking what he wants. He is subject to a one year entry level deal with a base salary of 900K but the bonuses can be different. I have an idea of what bonuses I want but I want to see what you think first.

Gustavsson wants the best situation for him and you need to explain why he should come to your organization. I want at least a paragraph but seriously I have two proposals that are laid out superb. They both have at least 5 paragraphs explaining the team and every reason why he should come to their city. A decision won't be made until he feels ready. I will keep all teams updated as much as possible.

Last edited:

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
EKLUND

- The Blues have still not named a captain yet but they have narrowed it down to two canidates, Backes and Clement. E3 on Clement due to Murray's man crush.

- Reports out of St. Louis also tell me that Erik Johnson has been given the "A" despite being injured all of last season.

- Ottawa and Calgary have completed a blockbuster trade, pending one of the players involved waives his NMC. e3 that an all star defenseman is involved.

- The Pittsburgh Penguins are desperately searching for wingers. Rumors has it that they have contacted two Russian players about re-signing. E3 on Morosov returning with the Penguins on a one year deal.

- The Buffalo Sabres are pursuing big name players. e2 Lecavlier. e3 Thorton. e3 Phaneuf.
Expect to see Roy leave in a deal for a big named center.

- Johan Franzen on the move for a starting goaltender e4

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
"Being in a good organization is more important than seeing how much you can get somewhere else," Franzen said. "Lot of good guys on this team, it's a lot of fun, we're winning a lot. Why would you want to go anywhere else?"

His goal is to spend his entire career with one organization.

"That was a big part of it," Franzen said. "I started my career here, I had some good times here -- four good years -- playing with great players. I really wanted to stay."

The contract includes a no-trade clause for the first five or six seasons and a limited no-trade clause for the remainder of the pact.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2009/04/red_wings_reportedly_sign_joha.html

A representative of Johan Franzen told TSN that Franzen is furious his name is in the rumor mill. He signed a sweetheart deal to an organization he thought would honor their word. He realizes that the NTC isn't official until July 1st, but he assumed the organization would not turn their back on him after a few months.

Unnamed players came forward out of the Detroit locker room to express shock and concern that management would even consider such a month. The sentiment seems to be that they thought they were in a class organization. Many aren’t so sure if a move like this occurs. In addition, many soon-to-be free agents have gone on record saying their sick of watching teams get a player under contract only to trade them a few months later. TSN's source seems to believe this will have a major impact on free agents decisions about where to sign.

Players don’t seem like they’ll stand for this anymore.

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I am Eklund that sh*t doesn't matter to me haha but I seriously did get a PM saying something similar to that. I only exageratted a bit.

That wasn't direct at you at all. I'm actually glad we have an Eklund to mention something like that.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:coyotes

OFF-SEASON STRATEGY:
Looking to begin where we left off following the March trade deadline:
1) Maintain core of team and use depth assets/prospects/picks for acquisitions.
2) Continue to add experienced, young NHL'ers with 2-5 years experience
3) Add modest contracts through trades
4) Actively pursue 1-2 top free agents

LOOKING TO ADD:
1st/2nd line center
1st/2nd line two-way power forward
Top 4 defenseman
Veteran 1A-2 goaltender

NOT ON THE BLOCK * :
Doan, Turris, Mueller, Boedker, Hanzal, Lombardi, Upshall, Michalek and Yandle.

WILL CONSIDER MOVING:
Tikhonov, Lisin, Bryzgalov

AVAILABLE PROSPECTS UNDER CONTRACT:
Porter, MacLean, Kolarik, Ross, Ahnelov, Schlemko

AVAILABLE PROSPECTS/PLAYERS RFAs
Prucha, Lisin, Dawes, Winnik, Tordjman, Lindstrom, Goertzen

DRAFT PICKS:
2009 1st (#6)
2009 1st (#20) or 1st 2010 from Calgary
2009 2nd (#36)
2009 4th (#97)
2009 4th (#105) from Florida
2009 5th (#127)
2009 6th (#157)
2009 7th (#187)

* Please don't ask, "What will it take to acquire..." Doan, Turris, Mueller, Boedker, Hanzal, Lombardi, Upshall, Michalek or Yandle. You will not get an answer. If interested in any of those guys you can PM me with an offer and will get a response.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Alright guys, good work getting your rosters posted up...we're really only waiting on 2-3 teams now, and I'm not going to let that little amount hold the game up any longer.

so game on!

Thanks man. That was the rule I enforced in the last game I ran as well. Seemed to work good.

I like it, too! Very smart.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That wasn't suppose to be mean. I was just saying that I might have exagerated it a bit.

Mine was a failed attempt at thanking you for putting it out there. Of course, now people may be afraid to talk to Eklund ..... :laugh:.

Franzen just told me he was really pissed ..... it needed to be said :).

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
GM Game 5 Announcement

1st Round of the draft will be on Wednesday night, Time: 7 PM Eastern

Each GM is responsible for sending in their Top 61 rankings (or whatever list the GM chooses) for the draft to The Hockey Hitman and BigG44. Only Anaheim, Los Angeles, Nashville, and Toronto submitted a list.

If you don’t send a list, your pick will automatically be made based on the current ISS, the HF boards draft list, and any other resource the league commissioners or draft moderator chooses.

Each GM will only have 10 minutes to make a pick before they are autoed.

Every draft pick is final unless a mistake was made by a league commissioner or draft moderator.

This is the list we will use to Auto-Pick:

1 Tavares, John - C - London (OHL)
2 Duchene, Matt - C - Brampton (OHL)
3 Hedman, Victor - LD - Modo (SEL)
4 Paajarvi-Svensson, Magnus - LW - (SEL)
5 Kane, Evander - C - Vancouver (WHL)
6 Schenn, Brayden - C - Brandon (WHL)
7 Cowen, Jared LD - Spokane (WHL)
8 Kadri, Nazem - C - London (OHL)
9 Ekman-Larsson, Oliver - LD - Leksands (SweAl)
10 Kulikov, Dmitri - LD - Drummondville (QMJHL)
11 Josefson, Jacob - C - Djurgarden (SEL)
12 Leblanc, Louis - C - Omaha (USHL)
13 Ellis, Ryan - RD - Windsor (OHL)
14 Schroeder, Jordan - RW - Minnesota (WCHA)
15 Holland, Peter - C - Guelph (OHL)
16 Moore, John - LD - Chicago (USHL)
17 Ferraro, Landon - RW - Red Deer (WHL)
18 Shore, Drew - C - USA Under-18 NTDP
19 Glennie, Scott - C - Brandon (WHL)
20 Kassian, Zack - RW - Peterborough (OHL)
21 Leddy, Nick - LD - Eden Prairie (MN-HS)
22 Rundblad, David - RD - Skelleftea (SEL)
23 Palmieri, Kyle - C - USA Under-18 NTDP
24 Kreider, Chris - LW - Andover (MA-HS)
25 Caron, Jordan - C - (QMJHL)
26 Werek, Ethan - C - Kingston (OHL)
27 Morin, Jeremy - C - USA Under-18 NTDP
28 Nattinen, Joonas - C - Espoo (FinJrA)
29 Orlov, Dimitri - F - Novokuznetsk (KHL)
30 Despres, Simon - LD - Saint John (QMJHL)
31 Erixon, Tim – LD - Skellefteå (SEL)
32 deHaan, Calvin – LD - Oshawa (OHL)
33 Rajala, Toni – LW - Ilves (SM-Liiga)
34 Ashton, Carter – RW - Lethbridge (WHL)
35 Elliot, Stefan – D - Saskatoon (WHL)
36 Budish, Zach – RW - Edina (MN-HS)
37 Klingberg, Carl – F - Frolunda (SEL)
38 Panik, Richard – C - Třinec (CzeE)
39 Roussel, Charles-Olivier – D - Shawinigan (QMJHL)
40 O'Reilly, Ryan – C - Erie (OHL)
41 Roy, Oliver – G - Cape Breton (QMJHL)
42 Tatar, Tomas – C - Zvolen (SvkE)
43 Olsen, Dylan – D - Camrose (AJHL)
44 Lee, Mike – G - Fargo (USHL)
45 Lander, Anton – C - Timra (SEL)
46 McNabb, Brayden – D - Kootenay (WHL)
47 Eakin, Cody – C - Swift Current (WHL)
48 Lehner, Robin – G - Frolunda Jr. (Swe)
49 Johansson, Marcus – C - Farjestad (SEL)
50 Paradis, Philippe – C - Shawinigan (QMJHL)
51 Gelinas, Eric – D - Lewiston (QMJHL)
52 Birkholz, Josh – RW - Fargo (USHL)
53 Beck, Taylor – LW - Guelph (OHL)
54 Hackett, Matt – G - Plymouth (OHL)
55 Chiasson, Alex – RW - Des Moines (USHL)
56 Bertilsson, Simon – D - Brynas (SEL)
57 Pasquale, Edward – G - Saginaw (OHL)
58 Barrie, Tyson - D - Kelowna (WHL)
59 Doherty, Taylor – D - Kingston (OHL)
60 Latta, Michael – C - Guelph (OHL)
61 Hutchings, Alex – LW - Barrie (OHL)

Last edited:

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Kings want to get a good centerman!

If you have one available, this package is available from the Kings:

Jack Johnson
Jarret Stoll or Michal Handzus (he as a NMC)
Edward Purcell or Brian Boyle
Jonathan Bernier

Other names could be worked out on both side. If you have a (high) quality center available, PM me.

**Right now like mention we are looking to get a good center in return of that package but those players could become available for other pieces a bit later.**

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
- Word is that a huge deal is about to go down that has a great young Western Conference defenseman going East for one of the leagues top goal scorers in a package. Currently trying to find out the teams but the deal is being hold up by a NTC. Expect more details with in the hour.

- Reports out of Vancouver that Kyle Wellwood has refused to change his eating habits as he was seen with a huge bucket of KFC. Vancouver is looking to trade him to a team that is in need of secondary scoring.

- Lecavalier has received interest from several clubs, believed to be St. Louis, Montreal, Buffalo, NY Islanders, Edmonton and even cross state rival Florida. Rumor has it that the price may be right and that Vinny will be leaving Tampa Bay.

- There may only be one goaltender left standing in Vancouver. Cory Schneider has told management that he wants to play in the NHL this season. He is very unhappy with his current playing time and wants a bigger role. This may be the end of one goaltender in Vancouver whether it is Schneider or Luongo.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
:bolts

1. Don't bother inquiring about the 2nd overall pick. Its not for sale, and the lowball offers I've seen for it so far are insulting.

2. Jeff Halpern, Vinny Prospal, Lukas Krajicek are all for sale.

3. Also, looking to acquire an extra 2nd round pick if possible.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Coyotes Ink RFAs

:coyotes

The Phoenix Coyotes have come to terms with the following players:

Petr Prucha, 1 year, $1.6M
Scottie Upshall, 2 year, $1.7M per year ($3.4M total)
Enver Lisin, 1 year, $955,500
Keith Yandle, 3 years, $2.1M per year ($1.7M, $2M, $2.6M = $6.3M)
Nigel Dawes, 1 year, $646,250
Daniel Winnik, 1 year, $585,000
Joakim Lindstrom, 1 year, $550,000
Steve Goertzen, 1 year, $522,500, 2-way
Alex Bourret, 1 year, $892,500, 2-way
Sean Sullivan, 1 year, $709,500, 2-way
David Spina, 1 year, $522,500, 2-way
Josh Tordjman, 2 year, $1.3M ($600,000 two way, $700,000 one way)

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

Dallas Stars Ink 3

Mark Fistric: 2 years for $1.7 million ($850,000/cap hit), Y1: $750,000, Y2: $950,000
Matt Climie: 1 year, two-way, for $550,000 ($75,000/AHL)
Aaron Gagnon: 1 year, two-way, for $550,000 ($75,000/AHL)

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Two pieces of news from :bruins

RFA signings

Phil Kessel-6 years, 30M (5/year) one-way
David Krejci-6 years, 27M (4.5/year) one-way
Byron Bitz-2 years, 1.8M (.9/year) one-way
Matt Hunwick-1 year, 1M (1/year) one-way
Kevin Regan-1 years. 850K (.85/year) two-way
Carl Soderberg-2 years, 1.8M (.9/year) two-way first year, one way 2nd year (Has agreed to come to NA)

We are looking to move one of Marco Sturm or Chuck Kobasew in exchange for a cheaper option at the position of 3rd line LW and RW respectively.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Red Wings still looking for a goaltender, HOWEVER, there is ZERO truth to the rumor Johan Franzen is being shopped.

Dont ask for him, because hes not moving

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
- Johan Franzen is still being shopped behind scenes.

-4th overall pick will be moved before the draft.

- Jeff Carter to LA for JJ and Bernier e4

-Wade Redden is content with being sent down knowing it was just a move to see if anyone wants to grab him for free. Rangers management have already told him he is an NHL player, and expect him to play in the NHL whether it'd be for the Rangers or anyother club.

-The Rangers are trying to move Gomez for a young player. Defenseman or Forward.

-They are desperately trying to move up in the draft from the #19, and are in no way trying to move the pick for a roster player.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
San Jose Re-signs:
Torrey Mitchell- Two years 850k per.
Lukas Kaspar 2 years 750k two-way
Thomas Greiss and Ryan Clowe have been tendered offers but remain unsigned.
Marcel Goc and Thomas Plihal will be tendered offers, but have not at this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad