GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Walsh's comments make we wonder if a wink-wink agreement could be in place but that could also be the conspiracy theorist in me. Something like a 3 years, 13.5M extension in January to bring Drouin's total to 4 years, $16M, which is around where he was projected this offseason. Of course only way it can likely happen is if Val or Landeskog aren't going to be on the cap for one reason or another.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Are y'all poor and can't afford A/C or something? I was in México for two weeks prior to the Hurricane, and just hid until night time some days while exploring Valhalla on the PS5. There is only one fkn room in the house that actually has AC too.

I did get a damn sinus infection, so I feel ya on that one.
No AC but I have an unfurnished basement that gets really nice and cold. Only problem is theres a ghost down there.

People may act differently online than they do in person for a number of reasons, including:
Online disinhibition
The internet can lower inhibitions, which can lead to people behaving meaner or opening up more than they would in person. This phenomenon is sometimes called "toxic disinhibition" when it leads to hostile online environments.
Anonymity
People may feel more invincible online and say things they wouldn't say in person.
Lack of non-verbal communication
Body language, eye contact, speech tone, and language patterns can help us process information, but these are absent online.
Self-esteem
Psychologists say that only presenting our "best selves" online can negatively impact self-control.
Projection
People may make negative comments to project their insecurities or feelings onto others.
Social distance
Online interactions can lead to problems stemming from social distance.
Provocations
People may encounter more provocations online, such as political opinions they don't agree with or news that angers them
I didnt read a single thing here but since I like you and you put the effort in imma like it.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
No AC but I have an unfurnished basement that gets really nice and cold. Only problem is theres a ghost down there.

I didnt read a single thing here but since I like you and you put the effort in imma like it.
lol you give me way to much credit I can barely form a coherent sentence. It was just something I had read, after reading this board the last couple of days

Reactions: The Kingslayer

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The site looks great but they need to be quick to update their site when something happens and with accurate informations too. Doing that requires a bunch of people and a lot of time. Hopefully they are ready for that.

That and hopefully they get their GM mode up and running. I messed with it but it won't let me fill out the roster with Eagles players, and it's got Brannstrom listed as a forward and it won't let me move him down to D.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
GM Mode needs a lot of work. No players available from minor leaguers, no PAP, no LTIR.

Another odd thing. They want to verify a member request with an email address PLUS the password for that email account. That is a pretty big red flag.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
GM Mode needs a lot of work. No players available from minor leaguers, no PAP, no LTIR.

Another odd thing. They want to verify a member request with an email address PLUS the password for that email account. That is a pretty big red flag.

Jumped in the Capwages discord, looks like GM mode is low on their priority list at the moment.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

There is a lot of people from here that hate it. My ex is in the hate column yet lives here because of the family support. The Detroit area is very much a love or hate place for some people.

The metro Detroit area is best experienced in small doses based on what you want in my opinion.

The amount of dumb shits driving around 20mph above the speed limit while solidly up in their phones is pretty impressive. They've had to dial up the fines for that quite a bit.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Lol good. F*** the Rangers and especially f*** the Red Wings. Atta boy Stevie Y the Yzerplan gonna be fruitful at last

Mr Y doesn't have the staff, the tax break, or the weather to do what he did in Tampa.

It was pretty obvious he knew how to manage with those things in his bag. Taking on trying to recreate Tampa was always going to be a tall order.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
There is a lot of people from here that hate it. My ex is in the hate column yet lives here because of the family support. The Detroit area is very much a love or hate place for some people.

The metro Detroit area is best experienced in small doses based on what you want in my opinion.

The amount of dumb shits driving around 20mph above the speed limit while solidly up in their phones is pretty impressive. They've had to dial up the fines for that quite a bit.
The whole Trouba-saga has nothing to do with Trouba himself. His wife has a residency in a NY hospital until 2025, and they just had a baby this season. For him, it's a no-go to be traded anywhere right now (well, maybe Devils or Islanders but that's not happening). That's why he's making things difficult for the Rangers. Has nothing to do with Red Wings specifically.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The whole Trouba-saga has nothing to do with Trouba himself. His wife has a residency in a NY hospital until 2025, and they just had a baby this season. For him, it's a no-go to be traded anywhere right now (well, maybe Devils or Islanders but that's not happening). That's why he's making things difficult for the Rangers. Has nothing to do with Red Wings specifically.

I expect Drury to offer him to either go to Detroit or get waived and have the chance to get claimed by a shitty team in the West. BriseBois did the same thing with McDonagh when he went to Nashville...and Drudy waived Goodrow last month so he's not afraid of that.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I expect Drury to offer him to either go to Detroit or get waived and have the chance to get claimed by a shitty team in the West. BriseBois did the same thing with McDonagh when he went to Nashville...and Drudy waived Goodrow last month so he's not afraid of that.
The thing is, there are rumours that Trouba has put it out through his agent that he would not report if claimed. No team is going to bother dealing with that mess.

At this point, it seems more than likely that Trouba is going to be a Ranger in 24-25. Which is making it awkward with the management, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad