Not open for further replies.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Here’s my take on the last few days’ postings:
1. Landy will be LTIR and
2. Nuke will replace Landy as captain
3. People got cranky due to heat stroke/alcohol and :cf:
4. Askarov is better than fatso and worth trading a pick and top prospect for due to that.
5. RIAL won the innernet with a great post about other countries sucking (loved it).
6. Crosby is a loser for wanting to retire with Pittsburgh
7. Chet is still a tool
8. I shouldn’t feel bad about losing power due to hurricane Beryl for a few days because Canada heat is worse than Houston heat.
9. If you read this far, you haven’t paid attention to how worthless my posts are and have a lot to learn about life.

10. We are by and large a bunch of cranky, sarcastic bastids and that’s why I love this damn forum and was jonesing for it when I had no electricity/internet.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Cleveland Guardians is awful too

Edmonton Elks is bad too but it’s not super generic so I don’t mind it. The main reason they went with the Elks is so they could continue the “EE” logo but now they’re leaning into the Elks part which defeats the purpose
My youth hockey team way back in Mite hockey when rotary phones were still a thing was called the Arvada Elks, so I’m quite fond of that name. I thought they switched their helmets to have antlers, which I absolutely loved but then abruptly switched back to that meh EE logo immediately after one season.

The funny thing about the Guardians is that the girls roller derby team that actually took the name first and the MLB team tried to ignore, even though they had the copyright, had a MUCH better logo and wordmark than what the Indians/Guardians came up with.

Reactions: BrickNHL

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
4. Askarov is better than fatso and worth trading a pick and top prospect for due to that.
5. RIAL won the innernet with a great post about other countries sucking (loved it).
7. Chet is still a tool
8. I shouldn’t feel bad about losing power due to hurricane Beryl for a few days because Canada heat is worse than Houston heat.
9. If you read this far, you haven’t paid attention to how worthless my posts are and have a lot to learn about life.

10. We are by and large a bunch of cranky, sarcastic bastids and that’s why I love this damn forum and was jonesing for it when I had no electricity/internet.

Holy wall of text Batman, you've pissed me off with this post.

PorkBeans

Jul 12, 2024
Whales
Cleveland Guardians is awful too

Edmonton Elks is bad too but it’s not super generic so I don’t mind it. The main reason they went with the Elks is so they could continue the “EE” logo but now they’re leaning into the Elks part which defeats the purpose
As an Indian's(real name) fan I will never call them the 'Guardians'. I've gotten stopped at the gate because my son was wearing an Indian's hat. Sad!

Reactions: BrickNHL

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It definitely has potential. There's a lot of unanswered questions though, including some significant ones(The two you alluded to with Landy/Nuke being the biggest ones).

You've also got the uncertainty in net, the lack of a 4th line(Particularly 4C),
Have we given up on Pavel for that spot?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's interesting that Walsh talks about revisiting the contract situation in January.
Because that's the earliest they can negotiate an extension with this one-year contract. And probably by then, we might actually have an answer if not for both, at least one of the Landy/Nuke situations (+Rantanen extension).

From the CBA:
50.5 Team Payroll Range System; Lower Limit and Upper Limit; Payroll Room; Lower Limit and Upper Limit Accounting.
(f) Contract Extensions

(iv) A Player who is party to a one-year SPC may not enter into an "extension" of such SPC prior to January 1 of the League Year covered by such SPC.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I see way too many posts on here and Twitter lately about how Demidov is the greatest prospect ever, isn't hard to figure out that he is a Canada team draftee

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Yes those are the things I saw that prompted me to say something, thought it was a bit weird that he brought up how much he will make one day lol

But mostly I see it on the main board polls and the for you posts on Twitter is what I mostly was referring to

Reactions: Balthazar

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yup but I dont see them getting past the second round if they dont get healthy and back to normal Landy back, a goalie who doesnt hurt them, another top 4 d not named Manson or Girard, Nuke back. Alot of questions. Usually when a team has that many question marks they dont win.

What I miss? I was to busy melting last night and stayed off internet.

Bro melting is an understatement. I got migraines in back to back days from the heat I was popping pills like Bubbles from The Wire.

Are y'all poor and can't afford A/C or something? I was in México for two weeks prior to the Hurricane, and just hid until night time some days while exploring Valhalla on the PS5. There is only one fkn room in the house that actually has AC too.

I did get a damn sinus infection, so I feel ya on that one.

• Haha
Reactions: The Kingslayer

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Are y'all poor and can't afford A/C or something? I was in México for two weeks prior to the Hurricane, and just hid until night time some days while exploring Valhalla on the PS5. There is only one fkn room in the house that actually has AC too.

I did get a damn sinus infection, so I feel ya on that one.
You can only buy portables if you are renting like I am, and that basically heats up a 2 meter radius.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
After we lose the first game of the season and this board is having an absolute heater of a meltdown -- led by an enraged (yet secretly thrilled) @chet1926 who will be calling for the simultaneous firing of Chris MacFarland and stripping of Landeskog's captaincy -- we will want @Sea Eagles back.
hWf4ow0.webp
Lol. Sorry to disappoint but I won't be leading any charges this year. I'm already fully aware we are going to have a rough go. It's not CMac's fault, nothing you can do with 14M tied up on question marks and i won't advocate for Landy to lose the C unless he's simply can't play again, then it should be discussed.

Reactions: The Moops

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Walsh is annoying as f*** but from a player's perspective he's probably the best agent out there. His clients are like his own kids.

I really hope they can get something done with Drouin longer term. He deserves it and he did us a big time favor. Outside of the top guys he was our best player last year. He worked his ass off to become a useful two way player, I was very impressed.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
7. Chet is still a tool

People may act differently online than they do in person for a number of reasons, including:
Online disinhibition
The internet can lower inhibitions, which can lead to people behaving meaner or opening up more than they would in person. This phenomenon is sometimes called "toxic disinhibition" when it leads to hostile online environments.
Anonymity
People may feel more invincible online and say things they wouldn't say in person.
Lack of non-verbal communication
Body language, eye contact, speech tone, and language patterns can help us process information, but these are absent online.
Self-esteem
Psychologists say that only presenting our "best selves" online can negatively impact self-control.
Projection
People may make negative comments to project their insecurities or feelings onto others.
Social distance
Online interactions can lead to problems stemming from social distance.
Provocations
People may encounter more provocations online, such as political opinions they don't agree with or news that angers them

Reactions: The Kingslayer

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
People may act differently online than they do in person for a number of reasons, including:
Online disinhibition
The internet can lower inhibitions, which can lead to people behaving meaner or opening up more than they would in person. This phenomenon is sometimes called "toxic disinhibition" when it leads to hostile online environments.
Anonymity
People may feel more invincible online and say things they wouldn't say in person.
Body language, eye contact, speech tone, and language patterns can help us process information, but these are absent online.
Self-esteem
Psychologists say that only presenting our "best selves" online can negatively impact self-control.
Projection
People may make negative comments to project their insecurities or feelings onto others.
Social distance
Provocations
People may encounter more provocations online, such as political opinions they don't agree with or news that angers them

IMG_0523.gif

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Online disinhibition
Anonymity
Self-esteem
Projection
Social distance
Provocations
Reading this, especially in this format, sparked strong behavioural feelings of "toxic disinhibition."

• Love
Reactions: lionsDen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad