GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
These summers just keep getting more difficult. Avs window is closing in real time, this sucks.

All these teams around them are getting better, and the Avs don’t have a clue how their top-6 will look in a few months. Their inability to draft has finally caught up with them, as the ELCs have become so valuable, and the Avs have no one to speak of to fill these voids.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
I really wonder what the AVS game plan is this season. Is it all hinging on waiting for GL and nuke to return?
With Val I would assume there isn't a ton of communication. With Landy, I suspect he is being honest about everything and his timeline, etc. I have been pro buyout Val and/or trade him for peanuts to whoever is willing.

Reactions: jabubenice

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
These summers just keep getting more difficult. Avs window is closing in real time, this sucks.

All these teams around them are getting better, and the Avs don’t have a clue how their top-6 will look in a few months. Their inability to draft has finally caught up with them, as the ELCs have become so valuable, and the Avs have no one to speak of to fill these voids.

Landeskog and Nuke really killed us. Hard to fathom how we were riding high with an amazing core, Mackinnon's sweetheart contract and a 4th overall + 16 pick waiting in the wings. Times have changed sadly.

Reactions: xAvsx89 and AvsCOL

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

When healthy, we probably have the best top 6 forwards and top 4 D in the league.

The problem, as you stated, is the complete inability to draft and therefore replenish our lower lines and pairings with quality ELC players. Our goaltending is also mid at best.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Lol UFA at it's finest. Reinhart gets less than Guentzel.
What I love about it the most is that there are certain Canadian people I follow on twitter who are screaming about the tax advantage for Reinhart with that deal. Yet crickets when you point it out that Guentzel didn't basically take any discount going to Tampa.

Gee, I wonder why a player who just won the Stanley Cup would be eager to stay in the winning team for a friendly deal? Especially when it's a nice place like Florida to begin with?

Noooo, got to be the taxes...

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

It goes beyond drafting. That's a big part, but decision making has been lacking for quite some time. When you are picking players like Colton over Drouin you have to question what is going through their minds. Drouin is simply a better hockey player than Colton. And I don't want this guff of it's hard to move money BS, it's not we just don't do it.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
And they never seem to note that Tampa or Miami (or Dallas, etc) *might* be a more fun place to live....

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
And they never seem to note that Tampa or Miami (or Dallas, etc) *might* be a more fun place to live....
Weather is mostly nice, you are not harassed by the media, you can walk the streets in anonymity... Really makes you think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad