GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
What's the difference between an NMC, NTC and M-NTC?

NMC = no movement clause, can't be traded, can't be put on waivers, without player approval
NTC = no trade clause, can't be trade without player approval, but can be put on waivers
M-NTC = can only be traded to X amount of teams, hand picked by the player, multiple variations, ex. pick 10 teams can't be traded to

Reactions: BobRossColton

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No Trade Clause (NTC): A player cannot be traded without permission

No Movement Clause (NMC): A player cannot be traded or placed on waivers without permission. Waivers are needed to send players to AHL.

Modified No Trade or No Movement (M-NTC or M-NMC): Players submit a list of teams they can or cannot be traded to.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Capture.JPG

TL;DR version:

With a NMC, player can't be traded or waived without his consent
With a NTC, player can't be traded without his consent
With a M-NTC, player can't be traded without his consent to the specific number of teams he has on his list

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So with that, Colton can still be traded tomorrow but with lesser quality outcome.
You gotta ask him where he wants to go (if he wants to go somewhere).

Possible but highly unlikely he gets traded this year if he doesn't get traded before midnight.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Without moves, it’ll prob be a very quiet day tomorrow for the Avs. They’re going to be signing a bunch of low $ contracts. Those players aren’t really in a rush to sign those, as they hope for better deals

Yea, I’m strongly expecting to see a less deep version of last years team. The Avs really need some youngsters and current roster players to step up

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

EdAVSfan

Aug 28, 2009
I’m not using just last year as evidence of the management of this team being passive, I’m saying as a totality it is. This dates well beyond this season, and even beyond CMac’s tenure as GM. The Avs had a beautiful window where Makar and MacK were stupid cheap for the impact they brought. In that time period they went for it exactly one time. They went for it last year, but my argument is that they don’t always address the obvious deficits until there is just a small sliver for success
My bad, had no idea you were doing a more extensive multi year look.

I agree. They have been passive in the past. We’ll have to see if that continues. Perhaps the management understands there’s far more urgency than there was in the past.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's really disappointing that they couldn't figure out something to get Drouin signed. Sick of watching talented players walk in favor of less talented guys. Started with picking G over Kadri, and now it's Colton over Drouin. Just frustrating.

Obviously Drouin isn't a goner yet, but it's not looking good. Hoping something gets done quickly here, but not holding my breath at this point.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's really disappointing that they couldn't figure out something to get Drouin signed. Sick of watching talented players walk in favor of less talented guys. Started with picking G over Kadri, and now it's Colton over Drouin. Just frustrating.

Obviously Drouin isn't a goner yet, but it's not looking good. Hoping something gets done quickly here, but not holding my breath at this point.
It was Nuke over Kadri and G over Byram.

Also unless there's a big core shakeup, I wouldn't expect to be seeing much talent being brought in long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00