GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
considering Carolina still have to sign several guys and has a bit more than 11M space, if CMac still wants a C added, Id go after Drury's cousin Jack Drury. no idea what Carolina would ask for him though.

otherwise CMac should be all over Sprong. pretty much only serviceable middle sixer still in the market. and should be able to be signed under 3.5M.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
considering Carolina still have to sign several guys and has a bit more than 11M space, if CMac still wants a C added, Id go after Drury's cousin Jack Drury. no idea what Carolina would ask for him though.

otherwise CMac should be all over Sprong. pretty much only serviceable middle sixer still in the market. and should be able to be signed under 3.5M.
Under 3.5? If the Avs are signing a guy like that, he better be coming in at no more than 1.5 and that is maximum - ideally it's lower.

The Avs in all likelihood are done outside of PTOs.

Reactions: BrickNHL

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Parker Kelly is actually a centre as well guys. I'm going to throw this out there (and I challenge people to propose a better 4th line in the NHL):
Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehks - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colton - Ritchie
Wood - Kelly - LOC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
CDH - Brannstrom

Georgie
Annunen

There are so many vets here, that we could easily carry one rookie. Situationally play Ritchie too. Give him some special teams and that.

Also, we have so many options here. I don't get the "we still need XYZ" posts.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Parker Kelly is actually a centre as well guys. I'm going to throw this out there (and I challenge people to propose a better 4th line in the NHL):
Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehks - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colton - Ritchie
Wood - Kelly - LOC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
CDH - Brannstrom

Georgie
Annunen

There are so many vets here, that we could easily carry one rookie. Situationally play Ritchie too. Give him some special teams and that.

Now tell me what the cap hit is

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Now tell me what the cap hit is

Depends on many things. How long Nuke / Landy are out for. What happens to Macdonald (and a number of other players possibly getting AHL money). ..there could be other LTIR situations (hopefully not).

So instead of thinking the absolute worst about what CAN'T happen, let's maybe think of BEST case scenarios.

The team I listed is beast, and challenges for a cup. These players are on our roster. I'm not deleting them just for the sake of it.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehks - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colton - Ritchie
Wood - Kelly - LOC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
CDH - Brannstrom

Georgie
Annunen

Kovalenko instead of Ritchie and this line up is 92.3

• Love
Reactions: Sea Eagles

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Kovalenko instead of Ritchie and this line up is 92.3

Either / or mate. He's a very talented player with heaps of upside and potential as well. Look at all the winning culture veteran experience these kids will have around them.

Makes their development and nurturing very exciting.

I'm struggling to see any teams in the NHL that is really going to challenge or bother us. We honestly have the elite roster once again. Tip your hat CMAC

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Depends on many things. How long Nuke / Landy are out for. What happens to Macdonald (and a number of other players possibly getting AHL money). ..there could be other LTIR situations (hopefully not).

So instead of thinking the absolute worst about what CAN'T happen, let's maybe think of BEST case scenarios.

The team I listed is beast, and challenges for a cup. These players are on our roster. I'm not deleting them just for the sake of it.
Well, no. The cap is a real thing. You can't just list imaginary rosters.

Reactions: missionAvs

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Well, no. The cap is a real thing. You can't just list imaginary rosters.

Didn't I mitigate your "can't do's" though?

Some players will be getting paid AHL salaries and not NHL salaries. Nuke (definitely), Landy (probably) will continue their LTIR to start. There possibly could be MORE LTIR. There could possibly be a shock omission after training camp for whatever reason.

Etc etc etc.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Listing 12 forwards 6 defense and 2 goalies then saying some of them will be earning AHL salaries. That's a choice.

Can guys be shuffled down to the AHL on non game days to save cap? If so the best thing to do would be to send Wood down after every game. Saves a tonne of cap hit.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Drouin MacKinnon Nuke
Lehkonen Mittelstadt Rantanen
Landeskog Toews LOC
Kelly Colton Kovalenko

Toews Makar
Girard Manson
de Haan Bransstrom

George

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Drouin - Mack - Rants
Lehks - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colton - Ritchie
Wood - Kelly - LOC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
CDH - Brannstrom

Georgie
Annunen

Mate, where is Kiviranta?

He is a beautiful soul who has absolutely earned his right to be a member of the 2024/25 Colorado Avalanche!

I find it extremely disrespectful and in poor taste for you not to have him in your lineup. We are talking about probably the best 4th liner in the league, every other team could only dream of having Kivi on their roster.

I didn’t think you were such a cold-hearted individual to just chuck a valued and loved member of the roster aside for some shiny new toys!

We have the best roster in the NHL and best players in every single position.

I really expected better from you!

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
Under 3.5? If the Avs are signing a guy like that, he better be coming in at no more than 1.5 and that is maximum - ideally it's lower.

The Avs in all likelihood are done outside of PTOs.
I wrote that number because thats the cap space they can work with, in the sense that no way they shouldnt be able to sign him with the excuses that "there is no space" or whatever. only if he doesnt want and prefer to stay in the East.

I expect they sign a few AHLers at least, because the Eagles roster right now is terrible. and small.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
I wrote that number because thats the cap space they can work with, in the sense that no way they shouldnt be able to sign him with the excuses that "there is no space" or whatever. only if he doesnt want and prefer to stay in the East.

I expect they sign a few AHLers at least, because the Eagles roster right now is terrible. and small.
They don't have 3.5M to work with. In fact, they are more likely going to need to trade someone.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com

Drury + Necas for Mikko.. make it happen

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Got to be honest, don't know why people are gushing over Edmonton's off-season. Sure it was flashy but they added a bunch of defensively garbage undersized wingers. And traded away arguably one of their better 2 way players in McLeod. And re-signed an aging Henrique.

So basically got worse defensively within their forward group, and didn't improve their actual defense. Hope they enjoy playing 7-6 nail biters every night. Trying to outscore opponents every night usually a recipe for success.

Can't wait for Draisaitl and Skinner to try and slow down 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad