GDT: NHL Entry draft thread : Kings traded down w/ Mtl #21 for #26, 57 and 198

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Greentree is a decent pick at 26. I think he'll get his skating to where it will need to be. His game will translate, once his skating is better....and he's a beast that will be 6'3" 225 in 2 yrs. You don't get named captain at age 17 in the OHL, without being tops among your peers.

Horn's final mock: (from TheHockeyWriters)
However, his skill and shot are remarkable, and him being named the captain of the Spitfires at age 17 last Fall won’t be lost on NHL teams.

I hope they get aggressive and seek out a deal before the second rd starts at pick #33.
Put assets in play: pick #57, Kaliyev and even make #1, 2, 3 2025 available.
Try to get into 33-40, so they can get a 1st rounder they had on their list.
I am sure there must be a few and they probably won't be there at 57.
Albeit, should get someone good at 57. Anaheim and the Sharks are adding
so much and way ahead, players 18-21. And I mean #1 2025 only for a McGroarty

Yes, that's not who the Kings should be competing with, but there should be a way
to get young players in the system, or even ready to play, ala McGroarty.
He has not been moved and NO ONE has a 2024 #1 pick to give them, which
is what was floated. Why not offer the #1 2025? No protection. They will say no,
but get a conversation going. See what their ask would be.

JULY 1. I want to see them get some talent and not the 1M 1.5M level FAs.
Kings have to replace: PLD, Arvy, for starters. And last year lost Gabe, Iafallo, Kupari.
In (seemingly) parting ways with Lewis, Liz, Grundstrom, there are a ton of spots
and Turcotte and Thomas can certainly play, from game1 and stick, but I don't see them
also going with Fagemo or Lee as well, I just don't see them starting 3 rookies up front.
I see some bottom 6 types like Trenin, Duhaime, Stenlund and 1 step above them, Martinook being the types of signings...AND 1 bigger name, ala Marchessault, Toffoli, Teravainen, Stephenson, Bertuzzi being signed.

They overpaid on the wrong guy; PLD and if they have to overpay some on the 'right guy'
go for it. I'd give up going rate for McGroarty. He may not become a star, but he's a stud and
better than: Laferriere, Turcotte, Thomas, and could play this year. Even if he started with the Reign.

Try to move 57 into 30's-40's and get one of: Chernyshov, Stiga, Ritchie, Freij, Basha, Howe, Masse, Badinka, Hutson, Kiviharju, Pulkkinen. 25 slots from 33 to 57.
I think these guys are all gone by 57.
The ask for McGroarty seems astronomically high for the 14th OA. I remember JMFJ got a 1st years ago when we traded for him and he was the top prospect in the league, absolute a sure thing.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

It sounds like they were happy that they could move back and still get a guy in the same tier as #21. It feels like they did that.

Maybe it's my naivete, but drafting moments are very special for the prospect. I like to think that at least part of it was to add to the moment for Greentree.
It certainly would’ve done that no matter the intent.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Maybe it's my naivete, but drafting moments are very special for the prospect. I like to think that at least part of it was to add to the moment for Greentree.
It was very Luc though and his willingness to hype anything and everything is probably why ownership keeps him around. Could you imagine Dean doing something like that?

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I see some bottom 6 types like Trenin, Duhaime, Stenlund and 1 step above them, Martinook being the types of signings...AND 1 bigger name, ala Marchessault, Toffoli, Teravainen, Stephenson, Bertuzzi being signed.
Totally forgot Stephenson and Marchessault might be available. I'd love to see us pull a reverse Uno on Vegas and sign one of their good ex-players for once, since they've been sniping our talent for years now. If we can't land Stamkos then either guy would be a nice consolation prize, both are recent Cup winners and Marchessault is the French connect.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad