GDT: NHL Entry draft thread : Kings traded down w/ Mtl #21 for #26, 57 and 198

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Number one thing kings look for. Dudes who can't skate. Vilardi, Kaliyev, Clarke, Greentree!!! Wouldn't want it any other way. Lol. But still like the pick. Big kid 5 years away at least.

Agreed, and at least Clarke doesn't have an aversion to the physical part of the game.

Reactions: ru4reals

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Let’s just see how he even does being center. There’s unfortunately nothing to suggest he’d handle it well because there’s a 400 year old Slovenian oaf who’s too busy milking the blank check the Kings keep giving him and blocking the spot.
QB isn't ready to be a first line C, maybe third line possibly 2nd in time.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Screenshot_20240628_212146_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240628_212201_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: King'sPawn

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Number one thing kings look for. Dudes who can't skate. Vilardi, Kaliyev, Clarke, Greentree!!! Wouldn't want it any other way. Lol. But still like the pick. Big kid 5 years away at least.
You can also add last year's #3 rd pick, Ziemmer.
At least Ziemmer and Greentree are big wingers that can score and mainly need to improve their
skating,

He's not 5 years away. I say he gets NHL games by end of 25-26 season.
Now hoping they can get a more high end skill - skating prospect at 57.
25 picks away. Here's 46 still available
defensemen still available:
Elick, Badinka, Freij, Sahlin Wallneus, Hutson, Kiviharju, Gill, Fischer, Pulkkinen, Kleber, Mews, Brunicke, Muggli, Colton Roberts, Vaisanen, Galvas. Lavoie, Marelli. Tarin Smith, Skahan.
Forwards still available:
Ritchie, Basha, Chernyshov, Stiga, Artamonov, Pettersson, Ericksson, Ziemer, Plante, Mustard, Mietinnen, Masse, Misa, Poirier, Howe, Jecho, Zetterburg, Battaglia, Berglund, Zether, Fernstrom, Wetsch, Josephson, Marques, Humphreys.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Cool.

Now tomorrow sign Byfield and Spence so we know how much money we have to spend in free agency.
It says the Kings have over 21 Million in Cap Space as of right now so...5.0 M per year for 2 years for Byfield and 2.2 M per year for Spence for 3 years...that would leave the Kings with roughly 14 Million left for LD-man a LWinger for 3rd line and a couple of Extras(Size would be welcome on Defense and Forward ranks)

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
She doesn't know what she is talking about when she compared him to Jamie Benn.
Gave me a boner when the graphic said he styles his game after Matthew Tkachuk and then she said the Benn comp.

Then I watched the highlights haha.

Anyways, I do like his shot. I've done zero research on this draft. Find it funny that studying put would have got that defenseman everyone wanted then the Ducks traded up.

Usually it's low percentage, but it's Blake so this will f*** us for years. It's what he's done for twenty plus years now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad