GDT: NHL Entry Draft | Day 2

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Kirsanov is somebody I think can be a top 4 D but he's a LHD. Same with Svozsil. But, at forward anybody like Stromgren, Robertsson, Knies. There's not much for RHD.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
More than anything I'm hoping we can pick up another 2nd.

Hard to believe we couldn't get a late 1st for Schmidt after seeing what Ristolainen went for.

I feel like he's worth more than a 2nd though.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Our list of available picks for a draft is completely unacceptable for a team that finished in the bottom-10 and has been a bottom feeder for 5 out of the last 6 years. I thought last draft was depressing but at least they went on a Cinderella run—this is so much worse.

Reactions: Soups On

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Stankoven>>>>

Kid will be an NHLer. Plays a feisty, shoot and retrieve game. Pastujov is a good value selection too.

I also really like some of the high-IQ defensemen still on the board: Peart and Zellweger. I'd be very happy with one of them as well.

Reactions: clay and DFAC

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
One thing is for sure is that the Canucks had better knock their 2nd rd pick out of the park, because they don't have another until the 5th. And this years draft will entirely depend on whether or not OEL and bounce back and be worth his contract. We will have $19 M tied up in 3 contracts that look like they will last forever. We shall see. Either way we should be a playoff contender this year. Its the next 5 years of that contract that will be a concern.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Connor Roulette
Alex Geci
Stanislav Svozsil
Tage Harding
Red Savage

All intrigue me. There's so many interesting prospects in this draft with how screwed up the last two years have been. I hope the Canucks can grab as many late round picks as possible tomorrow and go fishing as there seems to a lot of kids who would have been 1st-3rd rounders that are flying under the radar due to the coof.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
More than anything I'm hoping we can pick up another 2nd.

Hard to believe we couldn't get a late 1st for Schmidt after seeing what Ristolainen went for.

I feel like he's worth more than a 2nd though.
I think teams are hoping they can land Hamilton… or cheaper options like Suter or savard. But there’s only so many of them to go around. Probably be a plan b or c option, which we may have to wait until free agency and look to recoup a pick(s) for next draft. See how it be plays out I suppose….

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Using MacKenzie's list, Morrow is the only RD (ranked 37) until Heimosalo (56), Iorio (58), and Schmidt (65). It is unlikely Morrow lasts another 9 picks as RD is already at a premium and it is also in low supply.

Pinelli (C), Chibrikov (RW), Chayka (LD), Stankoven (C), and Raty (C) are all interesting fallers. Chayka or Pinelli would certainly fill organizational needs if they are still available. Raty and Stankoven are two high risk high-reward picks. Doubt Stankoven plays C in the NHL.

Helenius (C) is another one who is interesting and ranked right around our pick (44). Could see him go earlier given the emphasis on big centres.

Kirsanov (LD) is also someone of interest as he already plays solid D in the KHL. Ranked at 73, he might be a bit of a reach at 41.

So 11 names to look for (3 or more will be available to us): Morrow, Chayka, Pinelli, Chibrikov, Helenius, Heimosalo, Iorio, Stankoven, Raty, Kirsanov, Schmidt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bitz and Bites

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
My hopes for 2nd round

Logan Stankoven
William Stromgren
Scotty Morrow
Nikita Chibrikov

My prediction is they take Stromgren if he's there and that Hank and Daniel make the selection "From Modo...."

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Guys I would be very happy with with the second:
Pinelli
Stankoven
Dach
Morrow

Guys I would be okay with:
Raty
Pastujov
Martino
Heimosalmi
Nause
Roulette
Winterton

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I wouldn't be mad if they trade back and try to recoup picks.

This draft is so underscouted and volatile that the volume of picks is more important than the position of picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad