GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018: The Attitude Era Begins @ 7PM ET June 22, 2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
People should not hope for a complete draft oriented rebuild with Timmins calling the shots. He's a disaster. In any way, I fully expect Bergevin to do nothing tonight. The guy just doesnt have the intellectual faculties to orchestrate a trade that requires any kind of creativity. This tool has an unlimited budget and 18M $ under the cap and he still looks like he's playing the game on very hard mode.

Though, what I do hope to see based on what seems realistic - but optimistic - for Bergevin;

- Draft Tkachuk or Zadina at 3. Kotkaniemi would be the only other option I'm comfortable with.

- Trading 2 of our 2nds for a late first. Then flip these to Buffalo with Pacioretty for ROR.

- On July 1st, sign a combination of Calvin de Haan and one of Perron, Neal or JVR to replace Patches. Then the obvious Plekanec signing.

Drouin - ROR - JVR
Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Zadina/Tkachuk/Scherbak
Deslauriers - JDLR - Shaw

De Haan - Weber
Mete - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen

Price
Niemi

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Oh, I'm loving hearing about everybody's snacks and draft plans.

This will be the first primetime Round 1 draft I've ever watched without having any beer as I've been on a hiatus from alcohol since January. I think I'll be fine but it is kind of a deal as draft night is ALWAYS a deal for me, a deal that previously included one of my highest beer consumption rates of the year.

I'm just getting snacks too. No elaborate food plans.

I'm almost 40 and really cool! LOL.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

This will be the first primetime Round 1 draft I've ever watched without having any beer as I've been on a hiatus from alcohol since January. I think I'll be fine but it is kind of a deal as draft night is ALWAYS a deal for me, a deal that previously included one of my highest beer consumption rates of the year.

My hotdogs aren't snacks. They are fan experiences.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
People should not hope for a complete draft oriented rebuild with Timmins calling the shots. He's a disaster. In any way, I fully expect Bergevin to do nothing tonight. The guy just doesnt have the intellectual faculties to orchestrate a trade that requires any kind of creativity. This tool has an unlimited budget and 18M $ under the cap and he still looks like he's playing the game on very hard mode.

Though, what I do hope to see based on what seems realistic - but optimistic - for Bergevin;

- Draft Tkachuk or Zadina at 3. Kotkaniemi would be the only other option I'm comfortable with.

- Trading 2 of our 2nds for a late first. Then flip these to Buffalo with Pacioretty for ROR.

- On July 1st, sign a combination of Calvin de Haan and one of Perron, Neal or JVR to replace Patches. Then the obvious Plekanec signing.

Drouin - ROR - JVR
Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Zadina/Tkachuk/Scherbak
Deslauriers - JDLR - Shaw

De Haan - Weber
Mete - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen

Price
Niemi

Maybe get off your usual pedestal and realize (instead of inferring strawman bs) that your assesment of the draftees might be off.

Hughes and Boo in particular, I can bet you whatever you want that they will be top4 D's at worse.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Maybe get off your usual pedestal and realize (instead of inferring strawman bs) that your assesment of the draftees might be off.

Hughes and Boo in particular, I can bet you whatever you want that they will be top4 D's at worse.
Whatever floats your boat man. That's just, like, your opinion.

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

I'm almost 50 with a Hetial Hernia going for an Endoscopy next week.... But dammit... I'm having wine to ease the pain... not my physical pain but the draft anxiousness.! :tvhappy:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
JVR and Neal will be added July 1st. I wouldn't mind Neal. I'll hate JVR.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Yes, as is yours. Difference is, from the interactions we've had in the past, I know you were really off on some of the things we've argued about. The following weeks of the Subban trade springs to mind.

Subban vs Weber was not a horrible trade. Weber had a much better year in year 1. Subban had a better one on year 2, partly because of Weber's injury. You probably don't remember Weber was our leading scorer at the time before his injury forved him to stop playing. There are reasons too why Subban is still on TSN's trade block only 1 year after being acquired. He's a controversial figure. And Weber is exactly what this team needed.

Not replacing or bringing back Radulov, the purge on defense last year, and 2017's trade deadline were horrible and part of the reason why this team has done horrible this season. Weber and Subban are two franchise Ds. This trade has nothing to do with the lack of success of this team. Subban wouldn't have prevented anything.

Draft junkies make me laugh. As if reading 2nd hand written reports made you guys any more knowledgable that your average fan. Get off your high horses. You said a bunch of pretty ridiculous stuff as well. Shooting point blank on every single move Bergevin does not make you more knowledgable.

Newsflash for you; Galchenyuk for Domi won't do a damn difference neither. The problem with this tool isn't the trades he makes. It's the complete lack of direction and his refusal to bite the bullet and gove what it takes to fill the key positions that are blank in our roster. Mainly the 1C slot.

Reactions: buddahsmoka1

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Is Beaudin that good? I've seen rumors suggesting we trade 2 x 2nd for a late 1st to pick him.

I have several other prospect in front of him.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Apparently we are aggressively trying to trade down. Pretty ****ing stupid if Kotkaniemi is our guy.

They wanna have enough ammunition to get back into the bottom of the first to grab a defenseman they like.. and they are probably super comfortable taking Hayton if Kotkaniemi is gone.

If they trade back it means no Tkachuk. And trying to trade back means they aren't taking Tkachuk. So I'm happy that's what the signs point to.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They wanna have enough ammunition to get back into the bottom of the first to grab a defenseman they like.. and they are probably super comfortable taking Hayton if Kotkaniemi is gone.

If they trade back it means no Tkachuk. And trying to trade back means they aren't taking Tkachuk. So I'm happy that's what the signs point to.
Drafting Hayton with a top 10 pick will ruin the year for me. I agree that we should trade down though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad