GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018: The Attitude Era Begins @ 7PM ET June 22, 2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Zadina falsehoods are really bothering me because I've seen him all year in Halifax and people are really overstating his impact out there.

Watch his games against Charlottetown and see how ineffective he was at creating offense for himself and others.

Agreed. He was contained buy a team that was more physical and had solid D. I think Zadina will get his 9 game tryout but back to juniors

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
IMG_5525.PNG

This quote scares me.

We are taking Brady eh.

Merde

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hi everyone! Is there a legal source online to watch the draft tonight? Please delete if this is not within policy and I apologize in advance.

Google Reddit NHL streams. Just keep monitoring it throughout the day.

Reactions: Jrham15

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
and so damage control begins already...25th Poehling could be better than Kotkaniemi

Grant McCagg‏ @grantmccagg 20m20 minutes ago
Today @TonyMarinaro brought up the possibility of Kotkaniemi being a #2 center. I look at it this way - if that becomes the case, it will be because Poehling ends up being even better, and Habs may have a 1A and 1B type duo. a la Kuznetsov/Backstrom
7 replies 3 retweets 19 likes
Would anyone be upset if Kotkaniemi became a Backstrom? Here is what his coach said about him last summer before he exploded offensively. Keep in mind at 18/19 he led his college team to a #1 ranking as its #1 center. that projects pretty well.

Grant McCagg‏ @grantmccagg 14m14 minutes ago
No..i'm not comparing Kotakniemi to Kuznetsov..different players..just comparing the scenario. It's not a reach that Poehling becomes a top-line center...I asked him about that last week:

Grant McCagg‏ @grantmccagg
Ideally, the Habs see the two battle it out for the top spot just like Backstrom and Kuznetsov have the past 3 years. Funny thing is...if Poehling ends up centering the so-called 1st line, folks will complain about "blowing" the 3rd pick instead of hitting a home run on 25th

Reactions: Redux91

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
and so damage control begins already...25th Poehling could be better than Kotkaniemi

Grant McCagg‏ @grantmccagg 20m20 minutes ago
Today @TonyMarinaro brought up the possibility of Kotkaniemi being a #2 center. I look at it this way - if that becomes the case, it will be because Poehling ends up being even better, and Habs may have a 1A and 1B type duo. a la Kuznetsov/Backstrom
7 replies 3 retweets 19 likes
Would anyone be upset if Kotkaniemi became a Backstrom? Here is what his coach said about him last summer before he exploded offensively. Keep in mind at 18/19 he led his college team to a #1 ranking as its #1 center. that projects pretty well.

Grant McCagg‏ @grantmccagg 14m14 minutes ago
No..i'm not comparing Kotakniemi to Kuznetsov..different players..just comparing the scenario. It's not a reach that Poehling becomes a top-line center...I asked him about that last week:

Grant McCagg‏ @grantmccagg
Ideally, the Habs see the two battle it out for the top spot just like Backstrom and Kuznetsov have the past 3 years. Funny thing is...if Poehling ends up centering the so-called 1st line, folks will complain about "blowing" the 3rd pick instead of hitting a home run on 25th

Giroux is better than J. Staal.
Getzlaf is better than Carter.

As McCagg said, if Poehling boom into a 1A C, it doesn't make Kotkaniemi as a 1B C a bad pick.

already saying 25th Poehling is likley better than Kota..when we hold the 3rd overall is a joke.....that shows ya how off the track this is....

You're not understanding what he's saying.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Giroux is better than J. Staal.
Getzlaf is better than Carter.

As McCagg said, if Poehling boom into a 1A C, it doesn't make Kotkaniemi as a 1B C a bad pick.

You're not understanding what he's saying.

lol..ya show me the Giroux and Gezlaf the Habs ever drafted in last 16 years.....

Kota and Poe ...maybe good 2nd line centers .....no Getzlaf

Last edited:

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I agree. He actually seemed humble and honest when he said that. Or am I just getting desperate?
He seemed genuine enough. Interesting that he would put to words what is on a lot of peoples mind. Seems overly intuitive coming from him.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
He seemed genuine enough. Interesting that he would put to words what is on a lot of peoples mind. Seems overly intuitive coming from him.
I think he knows his time is almost up as an NHL GM. I doubt he gets another job as a top guy. Maybe in someone's front office but not the GM.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
MB saying last night that he's got to do what's best for the Montreal Canadiens regardless if he's here or not is the best thing I've heard him say in years.

Good Lord.....have we not all learned by now that we can't trust one single word the man says?

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
MB saying last night that he's got to do what's best for the Montreal Canadiens regardless if he's here or not is the best thing I've heard him say in years.

then why trade for Weber, and sign Price to a 10Mill contract? Why sign Alzner and Hemsky ? Neither help the future.

Reactions: sheed36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad