GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018 - June 22nd & 23rd - 4:30 PM

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Whats the consensus on your board for who you want?

A trade up to 3rd for zadina seems extremely practical. Or are you content with staying at 5?

You guys looking for a forward or dman?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

A trade up to 3rd for zadina seems extremely practical. Or are you content with staying at 5?

There isn’t a consensus for who we want. I think most of us have Zadina 3rd on our lists. I think most of us would rather not bother with trading up. I have Hughes 4th. He’s very likely to be there. I’d pick Hughes if Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina are gone. Not sure if the Coyotes would.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Wahlstrom won 70% support from our forum in the HF team board mock. But as for a consensus on whom we think Chayka wants, your guess is as good as ours. The only things we know are that Chayka will choose BPA and wants an elite talent at 5.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Man this draft is so tantalizing. Benning stated today that he had a top 9 he liked and would talk to chi/nyr about trading down.

I really want hughes and am hoping your LHD depth and 2nd half of last season is enough to have him slip past you.

Glad to see guys (hopefully) turn the corner

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Not much separates 3-6 for me. 7-8 are extremely close behind. After that it falls off a little. As long as we don't go completely off the reservation at 5, I'm probably content.

Scouting has earned the benefit of the doubt for awhile, which is a novel feel for this org.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Concensus? Seriously?
Yes. and Yes.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Ughhhhhhh I really don’t want to draft that curly headed ****
Reminded me of this movie lol.

John%20C%20Reilly%20Step%20brothers.jpg

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Tkachuk is an impressive combination of size, skill and grit. A bit like Lucic. He’s not an elite skill player. He’s also not a premium position player. He’s not in the Chaka mold.

I’d say Wahlstrom is more of an elite skill player.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
From Friedman:

“Teams like Arizona need a center. The toughest thing with O’Reilly is he’s due a $7.5 million bonus on July 1. First of all, why would you acquire him now. Or if you’re acquiring him now, are you saying to Buffalo, ‘Look, if you want us to pay that money, you’re not getting much in return.’ So I think that adds a complexity.

Reactions: _Del_ and rt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad