Where do the Rangers go from here?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
problem is not down the middle it's not having a true #2D to play in sync with Adam Fox.

Ziba wasn’t/isn’t a problem?

He got dominated and is past 30, I doubt it’s going to get any prettier

Their big problem going forward is that 4/5 of their best forwards are past 30 and can’t be moved

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Wow they had a hall of fame goalie…

Plus two HoF d-men and one of the highest scoring even strength offenses in the entire league.

They were not a mediocre group of skaters propped up by the goalie. What a ridiculous assertion.
Read you wrongly. I was thinking you were saying Brodeur was an average keeper and devils not relying on him. I was advocating for Brodeur...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I threw in kreider to simply give an example of a borderline hall of famer who was developed and on roster.

But pal, you are struggggggling here. 4th time im asking now. Name the teams in better shape than NYR for the next 5 years. There are a few, but not many. Just name some if you can.

Rangers were youngest team in final 4 fyi.

200w.gif

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
They’re going to lock themselves into a brutal Lindgren deal, trade Kakko with something else for another has been forward, extend Shesty for 11 and run it back since they can’t do much to move Zib, Panarin, etc. Probably will lose in round 2 before Panarin’s deal is up. Then they’ll sign Drai in free agency and the cycle of good but not great will begin again.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Rangers are in very good shape once they get past next season. They will be very active come July 2025. It’s one of the worst kept secrets in NHL circles that theyre gearing up to take a run at draisaitl. And while people wanna pretend all agents dont talk to GM’s ahead of time, I wish I could be that trustworthy and naive.

Come July 2025 the rangers likely no longer have Kreider, Trouba, Goodrow, Kakko, Chytil, Lindgren and possibly panarin. They cant get rid of mika because the NMC

Lafreniere-Draisaitl-Perrault
Panarin-Mika-Boeser
Cuylle-Trocheck-Berard
Othmann-Rempe-Edstrom

Kandre-Fox
Shea Theodore-Schneider
Jones- Vet 6D

Igor
Garand

This is some weapons grade copium.

Reactions: MartyOwns

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
They just won the President’s trophy and were 2 wins away from the SCF

They’re just fine the way I see it
Exactly, they just won the President's Cup and were in the Eastern Conference final.

If the OP really thinks they should blow the whole thing up, as a Caps fan I'll trade you our team straight up for yours. So would most of the other teams in the NHL.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
as an isles fan, here are what I see wrong with the Rangers. Rangers fans do not go after me for some of these things, this is literally how I view things

-Kreider is about to fall off a cliff in a couple of seasons. Right now is his final hurrah of dominance.
-Panarin, Zibanajed, Trochek and the aforementioned Kreider are also not getting any younger, they all are gonna get to the wrong side of 30 soon
-Lafreniere legit deserves PP1 time
-Cuylle looks to be a legit player and I would start making him the 3C over Chytil at this point
-You are not trading Trouba, but he easily is the worst defender on the roster
-Any Rangers fan wanting to see Lindgren go is wrong. I think he's their best defensive defenseman
-Schneider is their best defenseman overall in a few more years, I prefer his game over Fox.
-They need to find a way to score 5v5 soon. I would argue trading away Zibanajed but that contract is not going anywhere.

Really, they are stuck with this core until they age out. I dunno how good the other prospects are like Othmann, Berard, or Perrault but if I wanted to go for an "all in" push, I would've done it this season.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
It also takes a fair amount of luck. The team that has your number gets knocked out by another team, the team your playing that series is gassed, your goalie got hot at the right time, etc. It’s just something that has stuck out to me with past winners. So I wouldn’t say it’s a personnel problem

Reactions: egelband

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Florida series was closer than people gave them credit for especially considering the injuries they were dealing with.

They are running it back. They have to, mostly because of the cap but they are running it back. You simply do not blow up a president's trophy winning team with the best goaltender on planet earth, a 120 point winger, a norris defenseman and a 1OA pick about to explode because you lost to a juggernaut team in 6 games in the ECF. You tweak the bottom 6 and your defense, this group deserves another shot.

I expect a bounce back year from Zibanejad. He had a baby this year and if you look at recent history that almost always equates to a down year. You're just not hitting it hard in the gym with a third trimester pregnant wife or newborn, it's just not happening. Some of the most elite players in all sports wait to have kids until they retire, it's for a reason. I'm not blaming him, he's free to do whatever he wants with his life I'm just saying I think that was a major factor in his down play this year because he is such a better player than what he showed.

Kreider is going to fall off a cliff, 100%. I think he's got a baby due as well and he just has too many miles of wasted deep playoff runs on him. He's about to become a special teams only guy, some could argue he's already that. His legs are cooked 5 on 5. Luckily, Lafreniere is ready to take the reigns.

Kappo Kakko - I think the way management views this is that this kid has until the trade deadline to shit or get off the pot. He's not going anywhere before then. I think the Rangers start the season with him on the Kreider/Zibanejad line in hopes that he has a solid offseason of training and can put up 0.8 ppg or something similar. I think they still look to trade him at the deadline unless he legit takes off, which I don't see happening. His game has not translated to NHL size ice well. I despise with a passion taking euros that look like world beaters on Olympic ice in the top 3 picks of the draft. I know there have been tons of them that worked out well, but the list that didn't work out well is even bigger. I'm talking about guys that didn't play juniors in the CHL/NCAA and have only ever skated on olympic size ice. Their learning curve is so much steeper.

Chytil - the x-factor for the NYR. You know what you're going to get out of Panarin, Kreider, Trocheck, Zibanejad, Fox etc. You know what their ceilings are and you know what their floors are. Chytil, nobody has a clue because he either won't be healthy and won't play or he will be healthy and could range anywhere from servicable to elite.

Goodrow - has to be a buyout and give Will Cuylle that spot. Othmann/Berard/Edstrom are knocking on the door and can likely play some servicable minutes.

Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere
Kreider-Zibanejad-Kakko
Cuylle-Chytil-Othmann
Vesey-Edstrom-Rempe

Fox-Lindgren
Trouba-Miller
Schneider-Jones

100% happy with the above as the starting lineup for game 1. See what you have with those young guys over the course of 30-40 games and do what you need to at the deadline to juice it up. They'll have plenty of cap space.

Everyone crying for Trouba to be traded, it's not happening and there's no point of entertaining a d corps without him because it's just a waste of time

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
They sure as heck aren’t

But hopefully their management thinks the same way as you
If the only way to define 'fine' is 'winning the Stanley Cup,' then no, they aren't fine. But if looking like the 2nd best team in the league can constitute as 'fine,' then yes, they are.

Reactions: egelband

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
to answer the question posed by the thread title:

probably winged foot or westchester country club. maybe some guys will go to Bethpage Black.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If the only way to define 'fine' is 'winning the Stanley Cup,' then no, they aren't fine. But if looking like the 2nd best team in the league can constitute as 'fine,' then yes, they are.

I assume we are talking moving forward here?

4/5 best forwards are well past 30y and I see very little after them

Their resent success has anyways relied too much on powerplay and elite goaltending. I just don’t see how they are able to make real tweaks to be here consistently moving forward

& to me Panarin can’t be the forward you build around

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I despise with a passion taking euros that look like world beaters on Olympic ice in the top 3 picks of the draft. I know there have been tons of them that worked out well, but the list that didn't work out well is even bigger. I'm talking about guys that didn't play juniors in the CHL/NCAA and have only ever skated on olympic size ice. Their learning curve is so much steeper.
For what it's worth, Olympic-size rinks are rare in Finland. In Turku the rink was slightly under 92x197 feet as opposed to 85x200 in the NHL. Plenty of NCAA rinks are bigger.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Igor, Laf, and Trocheck untouchable. Everyone else can be moved although 4th line guys I would keep.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
Problem was Florida would just keep cycling the puck down low and when there was no shot or pass, they would keep cycling down low. That wore the Rangers out. Also when the Rangers had opportunities Florida Clogged all the Cross Ice Shots and they packed the house. Rangers couldnt get a shot Through or a pass accross. The Rangers just couldnt counter what Florida does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad