GDT: NHL Draft R1 (6/28): 6pm CT (ESPN/ESPN+), R2-7 (6/29): 10:30am CT (NHLN/ESPN+)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
If we were picking just a bit later, and had a different type of prospect pool, I would be fine with one of MBN and Solberg. At 13 in this year's draft i want to ake a risk and pick someone with a little more upside. Those two could end up being more productive NHL'ers than Parekh/Eaiserman/Sennecke, but the potential on thos three is more tantalizing.
Are you ok with Parekh? I thought you didn't want him. Could be wrong though, sorry.
I change my mind 3-4 times a day, so...

If you had to choose between Helenius and Brandsegg-Nygard, who are you taking and why?
Always take the finn, norweigans has no hockey culture.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If you had to choose between Helenius and Brandsegg-Nygard, who are you taking and why?
I'm torn. I like Helenius well enough and would enjoy adding a center who has played at a high level already. I prefer Bransegg-Nygard's size, shot, and physicality and I think he'll be a fine 20-30 goal scorer. Sort of a Landeskog/Niederreiter type.

I think we need Helenius more than MBN, but that's with some prospect-forecasting, which never goes exactly the way I think it will.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Iginla is there would you trade him for McGroarty.
not me, no. I think that WPG would prefer a player(i.e. Rossi) to a pick. I'm not crazy about either option, but it seems like Guerin would be all over a McG for Rossi pick, if he can get over the fact that McG hasn't played a minute of NHL time. He's definitely from the "gotta earn it" school of GM'ing.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Just heard from a source that the Wild are pushing hard for McGroarty in a deal that would include the 13th pick. If not, they hope a defenseman falls to them.

• Love
Reactions: AKL and MuckOG

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Are you ok with Parekh? I thought you didn't want him. Could be wrong though, sorry.
I change my mind 3-4 times a day, so...

Always take the finn, norweigans has no hockey culture.
Not really. I see too much about his game that won't fly in the NHL. Doesn't play his position, isn't physical, has funny skating style, mediocre defensively... having said all that, he might be the next EK. Apparently he is a smart, hard worker. Can't blame him for playing in a style that his coach has allowed him too.

Like almost all of the prospects this year he has his warts, but also some huge strengths. Sort of the anti- Dickinson.

Just heard from a source that the Wild are pushing hard for McGroarty in a deal that would include the 13th pick. If not, they hope a defenseman falls to them.
Heard if Rossi has been mentioned?

Reactions: Sweetnut

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Euphoria fuel
They should just bite the bullet if they’re not gonna stink next year and trade next years first with this years first to move up and get Ivan

Not really. I see too much about his game that won't fly in the NHL. Doesn't play his position, isn't physical, has funny skating style, mediocre defensively... having said all that, he might be the next EK. Apparently he is a smart, hard worker. Can't blame him for playing in a style that his coach has allowed him too.

Like almost all of the prospects this year he has his warts, but also some huge strengths. Sort of the anti- Dickinson.

Heard if Rossi has been mentioned?
Haven’t heard anything on Rossi unf

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
They should just bite the bullet if they’re not gonna stink next year and trade next years first with this years first to move up and get Ivan

Haven’t heard anything in Rossi unf
They aren't going to stink but they aren't going to be good. That was preordained once it became clear that Yurov wasn't coming over, and Fleury re-signed. I would think that Rossi would be more appealing to WPG than a pick, and this would be a face saving way for BG to move on from Rossi.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Does that get us far enough? Don't want to include any of Rossi, Yurov, Wallstedt to get that done, but whoever trades down probably wants one of those.
I like the McGroarty thing so much because I think it's the equivalent of trading up to 7-10 without giving up as much as it would take to actually trade up to 7-10

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Does that get us far enough? Don't want to include any of Rossi, Yurov, Wallstedt to get that done, but whoever trades down probably wants one of those.
I like the McGroarty thing so much because I think it's the equivalent of trading up to 7-10 without giving up as much as it would take to actually trade up to 7-10
Reports are that CBJ wanted 12 + 32 + COLs first next year.
a similar package would be 13 + 45 + MIN 2025 1st. If that could get us up to 4 I would do it

Reactions: BagHead

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sorry about the formatting, those two tweets are the full unedited ones however.

Yeah not to say you edited them, it's just easier to see who tweeted it + the date and time (which isn't necessarily helpful all the time, but can be)

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Don't know anything about McGroarty. Why would he fit with the Wild? What's his strengths/weaknesses?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
If Iginla is there:

To Calgary: 13th
To Minnesota: 28th, 41st and 62nd

To Minnesota: Rutger McGroarty
To Winnipeg: 28th, 41st and Carson Lambos

Or

To Minnesota: Rutger and the 37th
To Winnipeg: Rossi

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Don't know anything about McGroarty. Why would he fit with the Wild? What's his strengths/weaknesses?
I think he’s a bum of a skater but he’s got a pretty good shot and competes his dick off. 50-60 point guy who is a pain to play against

Reactions: Sweetnut

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
My thought is if Minnesota isn't going to be bad enough to get a top 5 pick, they should acquire as many picks as possible, hope one turns out like Kaprizov and continue just building depth either to trade or hopefully one shakes out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad