GDT: NHL Draft R1 (6/28): 6pm CT (ESPN/ESPN+), R2-7 (6/29): 10:30am CT (NHLN/ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If we were picking just a bit later, and had a different type of prospect pool, I would be fine with one of MBN and Solberg. At 13 in this year's draft i want to ake a risk and pick someone with a little more upside. Those two could end up being more productive NHL'ers than Parekh/Eaiserman/Sennecke, but the potential on thos three is more tantalizing.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
would love yamechuk/catton. would be fine with helenius/sennecke/eiserman. hope we don't reach for jiricek/greentree/others. with SJ trading up my gut says they want eiserman/yamechuk or possibly catton if he falls a bit. No to Mcgroarty right now. No one is trading anything for him until they get a firm commitment from him to sign and that won't happen until after his college season is over.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
would love yamechuk/catton. would be fine with helenius/sennecke/eiserman. hope we don't reach for jiricek/greentree/others. with SJ trading up my gut says they want eiserman/yamechuk or possibly catton if he falls a bit. No to Mcgroarty right now. No one is trading anything for him until they get a firm commitment from him to sign and that won't happen until after his college season is over.
We will definitely have a shot at an interesting player, now that Sennecke seems to be firmly in the top 13. If i had to guess, i would say that we'll have a choice between Yak/Helenius/Catton/Parekh. I'm semi- good with that. Not a Parekh fan, but he could be a HR pick.

Less thrilled with Eiserman, but even there you can see the potential for something really good.

Don't mind being at 13 at all, in this draft.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
My Predictions:

1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Silayev
4 Lindstrom
5. Demidov
6. Buium
7. Sennecke
8. Dickinson
9. Iginla
10. Catton
11. Yakemchuk
12. Helenius
13. Greentree
14. Eiserman
15. Perekh

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My Predictions:

1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Silayev
4 Lindstrom
5. Demidov
6. Buium
7. Sennecke
8. Dickinson
9. Iginla
10. Catton
11. Yakemchuk
12. Helenius
13. Greentree
14. Eiserman
15. Perekh

Nightmare fuel

If you had to choose between Helenius and Brandsegg-Nygard, who are you taking and why?

Helenius because he's a center and stuff

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know Greentree is out of favor, but I like him, a lot. Sort of like a slow, sturdier, Sennecke. I wouldn't riot if we picked him. Hope Guerin realizes that even though he is big, he isn't physical, though.

Might make more sense to trade the 13th for McGroarty, if the trade is there to be done.

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Some people may just believe pick #13 is too soon for him.

FWIW, Greentree is 16th on the Elite Prospects consolidated rankings.

After Ignala I'm not really wanting anyone specifically, but there are a few I don't want. Lots of guys I have in the same range/tier and all have warts/question marks around them.

I think I'd rather trade back a few spots, but that requires a trade partner and there might not be one.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Iginla is there would you trade him for McGroarty.

I would probably take Iginla but that's where it's close for me

Gonna have the liquor ready. I don’t hate Greentree but hoping they trade back to do it.

If a trade back is available that would be good if their plan is to take Greentree. I'd still just rather get a better prospect. Still like trading that pick for McGroarty if that's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad