GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2024 (6:30 PM EST, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Highly disagree with that.
If you look at the ages/contract situations/abilities of every goalie in the world, and then look at the careers of all the #4 overall picks in the last 20 years, I’d take the majority of the #4 overall picks at 18 years old over every current goalie age/situation. Maybe Swayman would be the exception (and, ironically, he’d maybe be the only one of the elite goalies whose team might be willing to move him for the #4 pick) but that’s it.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
It's a good spot for sure. I thought before the lottery that as long as Columbus stay in the top 4, I'd be happy.

We'll see how it goes. Though I've myself said that I could absolutely see Anaheim pick Buium, the likeliest scenario in my mind right now is probably
2. Chicago - Demidov/Lindstrom
3. Anaheim - Levshunov

In this case, I personally think Columbus picks whoever is left of Demidov and Lindstrom, which I'd be happy with. The reason that might be Demidov in my mind is that Chicago's core forward group going forward – Bedard, Nazar and Moore – are all small guys. They could use some size and bite in their core. Levshunov is likely to be gone. Both Chicago and Anaheim could well take him.
I thought as long as we stay in the top 6 we'd be fine...whew...

• Haha
Reactions: Aaaarrgghh

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's a good spot for sure. I thought before the lottery that as long as Columbus stay in the top 4, I'd be happy.

We'll see how it goes. Though I've myself said that I could absolutely see Anaheim pick Buium, the likeliest scenario in my mind right now is probably
2. Chicago - Demidov/Lindstrom
3. Anaheim - Levshunov

In this case, I personally think Columbus picks whoever is left of Demidov and Lindstrom, which I'd be happy with. The reason that might be Demidov in my mind is that Chicago's core forward group going forward – Bedard, Nazar and Moore – are all small guys. They could use some size and bite in their core. Levshunov is likely to be gone. Both Chicago and Anaheim could well take him.

I have a clear top four players of Celebrini / Demidov / Buium / Lindstrom, so you'd think drafting at #4 would be great. But we never know what direction our scouts or new GM want to go in. Levshunov and Silayev are consistently rated around our pick.

I feel like it's easier to predict what the teams in front of us will do than to predict what we'll do.

Reactions: Aaaarrgghh

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I have a clear top four players of Celebrini / Demidov / Buium / Lindstrom, so you'd think drafting at #4 would be great. But we never know what direction our scouts or new GM want to go in. Levshunov and Silayev are consistently rated around our pick.

I feel like it's easier to predict what the teams in front of us will do than to predict what we'll do.
Yeah, Columbus can go a lot of places with the pick. I would lie if I said that the Silayev talk didn't make me a little nervous. A new GM sure throws another spanner in the works as well. We'll see. I do still have a hard time seeing them go for Silayev when anyone of Demidov, Levshunov or Lindstrom (assuming no back problems) is there, though.

Chicago and Anaheim could go a few different ways too, though. Though I feel like Demidov-Levshunov is the most likely scenario, Chicago could easily go with Levshunov or Lindstrom. And I have had a feeling for a while that Buium could go to Anaheim, particularly if Levshunov is not there.

Incidentally, my personal top 4 have the same players. I wasn't high on Lindstrom before, but I've really come around to him lately. I have more of a top 5 that I like and Levshunov rounds that out, so I would be happy with him too, though I think he's the most probable player to be gone after picks 2 and 3.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, Columbus can go a lot of places with the pick. I would lie if I said that the Silayev talk didn't make me a little nervous. A new GM sure throws another spanner in the works as well. We'll see. I do still have a hard time seeing them go for Silayev when anyone of Demidov, Levshunov or Lindstrom (assuming no back problems) is there, though.

Chicago and Anaheim could go a few different ways too, though. Though I feel like Demidov-Levshunov is the most likely scenario, Chicago could easily go with Levshunov or Lindstrom. And I have had a feeling for a while that Buium could go to Anaheim, particularly if Levshunov is not there.

Incidentally, my personal top 4 have the same players. I wasn't high on Lindstrom before, but I've really come around to him lately. I have more of a top 5 that I like and Levshunov rounds that out, so I would be happy with him too, though I think he's the most probable player to be gone after picks 2 and 3.

I don't hate the Silayev talk. I'm confident that he's going to be a great defender, and even if that's it (I think so), we could certainly use that player.

He won't be in my top 5 but maybe I should have him not too far after that.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I know there's some good chatter in here but this thread was initially intended jut a sa GDT for the lottery. So, shutting this one down. Please continue in the "Draft" thread as you have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad