GDT: NHL Draft 2023 | 4:00 PT | ESPN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do YOU want

• Fantilli

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Carlsson

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Mitchkov

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

alsmiss94

Oct 26, 2022
They are both great players and Carlsson could end up being the better one but I just can't stomach walking away from Fantilli's ceiling. He has everything. Yes there are kinks he needs to work out, maybe more of them than Carlsson, but I think they are all teachable and everything indicates he is an extremely smart kid who is willing to listen and learn.

I just see this as us potentially taking Kopitar over MacKinnon. And I don't like that.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Pronams final mock. Has us taking Carlsson. Says “ I dont know what Anaheim will do but Carlsson No2 is a legitimate option around the league”View attachment 722483
His comments about Columbus were interesting. He is guessing their ranking is Fantilli, Smith, Carlsson. I would have thought just the opposite.

Either way, I still think there is a deal to be made between 2OA and 3OA. I'm hoping at this point that the Ducks end up picking 3OA and get some additional assets. I'm almost beyond caring whether they get Fantilli or Carlsson.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
His comments about Columbus were interesting. He is guessing their ranking is Fantilli, Smith, Carlsson. I would have thought just the opposite.

Either way, I still think there is a deal to be made between 2OA and 3OA. I'm hoping at this point that the Ducks end up picking 3OA and get some additional assets. I'm almost beyond caring whether they get Fantilli or Carlsson.

This just doesn't happen. Why wouldn't the Ducks just put some confidence in the kid they select at 2 and select him at 2. None of these choices are off the board, so i don't know what you'd recoup by trading down to 3. Columbus would probably just prefer to call the bluff and take whats left over.

Reactions: Kalv

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
They're not going Michkov. That would just be nuts. I mean i guess they could. But i really just can't see it

Reactions: McDonald19

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This just doesn't happen. Why wouldn't the Ducks just put some confidence in the kid they select at 2 and select him at 2. None of these choices are off the board, so i don't know what you'd recoup by trading down to 3. Columbus would probably just prefer to call the bluff and take whats left over.
I'm not predicting it but I think it could happen. All it takes is for Columbus to badly want Fantilli or Carlsson and be willing to move up to 2OA to guarantee it. The Ducks could still get their guy and monetize that pick at the same time. We just don't know.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Fantilli should be the CLEAR pick. I don't want them to take Michkov but i would respect it. Carlson is in a tier below and i will be pissed for a couple of hours, then get behind him and fully support him as a new duck.
Carlsson is a tier below because of? I do fully trust the work of our staff. If they rate someone at #2 he will be there for a reason, no matter what the internet scouts think of.

Reactions: Kalv

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Carlsson's floor seems like Dylan Strome, ceiling seems like Kopitar or Bergeron.

Fantilli's floor seems like Kreider, ceiling seems like Malkin or Mackinnon.

I will not elaborate further.
Always funny when someone exactly knows where floor and ceiling lies.

Reactions: KyleJRM

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
He has run the draft for the team that by many metrics has had the most draft success during that time frame. What else do you want?
Off the top of my head, he hasn’t done well with late first round picks.

Perreault, Tracey, Lundestrom, Jones, Steel, Larsson.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Those four the jury is still out there. But doesn't look like Jones is going to be where we'd hoped. But I still like the player, Lundy had a step back but he is slated to be a 30-40 point shutdown C, going to need that down the road. Perreault and Tracey, also took a step back but still have time.

Reactions: lwvs84

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Bingo cards are ready for the melts today. Going to be glorious.

View attachment 722515
As long as it’s not “The pick is in!”

Fine with whoever we take. My only thought on this is if you’re a GM and you take Fantilli here and it doesn’t work out, then it’s sort of it is what is but if you “reach” for Carlsson and it doesn’t work out it looks pretty bad.

Reactions: Rasp and McDonald19

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I would be very entertained if they took Carlsson.

The way the fanbase and media narrative went from "Fantilli and Carlsson are about equal" to "it's obviously going to be Fantilli there's no doubt whatsoever" hasn't felt based on anything that happened on ice.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Did he get picked by the Ducks and I missed it?
No. My point is you are unimpressed with Madden even though he has probably been the best guy at his job for almost 15 years. You want him to be better, which is absurd. Do you also expect McDavid to be better?

2 of those guys are still prospects, and the other 4 have 212, 206, 262, and 172 NHL games played.
Do you guys not understand that is good?

Late 1st rounders have a less then 50% chance of playing 100 NHL games.
Even if you want to call Larsson a bust since he is out of the league, thats still 3/4 legit NHLers from late 1st round picks.

The Ducks have insane success at the draft compared to the league average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad