NHL: Around the League 53

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Neely said the Bruins offered Swayman an 8 x $8mAAV deal. Swayman and/or his agent are out of their freaking minds.

Sweeney did mess the whole situation up but Swayman not signing the 8X8 is crazy. Who does he think he is? Doesn't he have less than 150 career starts? He's never been a fulltime starter and at least played in 60 games in a season.

I'd tell him to take it or leave it. He can sit. Bruins can't give him over 10. It will ruin their cap for the duration of the contract.

Reactions: Drumman44

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
How has Sweeney and the Bruins messed this all up again? I didn’t see what was egregiously wrong with his presser aside from calling out Spittin Chiclets

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If that press conference was the literal first mention of the offer, then the Bruins absolutely should be pilloried over this. Obvious poisoning the well move.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
They should have gotten some sort of deal close before trading Ullmark. Lost their leverage. Also.. to quote DHF. Treat players like pawns and they’ll do the same. He went to arb and it got ugly. Now it’s his turn.

I don’t think he’s worth anything more than 8x8. I would have moved him too. But now they can’t.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
They should have gotten some sort of deal close before trading Ullmark. Lost their leverage. Also.. to quote DHF. Treat players like pawns and they’ll do the same. He went to arb and it got ugly. Now it’s his turn.

I don’t think he’s worth anything more than 8x8. I would have moved him too. But now they can’t.
They can move him to us, we’ll gladly give them Jones.

Reactions: TLEH

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don’t believe shit from some agent. If anything it’s just as likely that the agent was just pissed he didn’t pull something similar first. Now he is saying we will take a few days or whatever GMAB. Seems real slimy.

I’d move on if I were the bruins. I know he has had some great moments and was amazing in this last series against the leafs but 8x8 is too much for a me first type player who is this unproven as a full term, long term starter.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Bruins took Swayman to arbitration last year. Things always get ugly when that happens.

Seems like Swayman has an axe to grind with this latest contract. It doesn't help that Neely is now making negotiations public and trying to get the fans on the teams side.

How long before the relationship is totally shot and Swayman just says F U and demands a trade?

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Pez68

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Bruins took Swayman to arbitration last year. Things always get ugly when that happens.

Seems like Swayman has an axe to grind with this latest contract. It doesn't help that Neely is now making negotiations public and trying to get the fans on the teams side.

How long before the relationship is totally shot and Swayman just says F U and demands a trade?

That comes across as petty and personal to me for Sweeney to come out and say that. Really no positive or benefit in doing so either.

I can't even imagine who would be a trade option for him of a team that is good enough to need him now, but also fit his new cap hit.

Reactions: Pez68

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Hes only going to be 26 in November. I would sign him to 7 years for the blackhawks immediately.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Hes only going to be 26 in November. I would sign him to 7 years for the blackhawks immediately.

No thanks. Spend that money on forwards and see what Commesso and Gajan develop into.

If they don't develop and the rest of the team has and to a point they're ready to compete then figure out the goalie position last.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
No thanks. Spend that money on forwards and see what Commesso and Gajan develop into.

If they don't develop and the rest of the team has and to a point they're ready to compete then figure out the goalie position last.
No thanks. 8-9 million for a good starting goalie in 3 years will be a deal and a 29 30 31 32 year old Swayman will be a beast.

If you can lock the position down instead of trying figuring it out later do it.

Hellebuyck 31
Sorokin 29
Vasilevskiy 30
Shestirkin 28
Bob 35
Oettinger 25
Ullmark 31
Demko 28
Saros 29

He can be very good for a while and move the team forward in the meantime.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Clear bad blood is there, and it could be from arbitration. Remember what happened with Milbury/Salo arbitration hearing

Also, not sure why people are jumping on "Good job Seabass" and other nonsense for Neely. This view that player and his agent are villains automatically is always dumb

Look at Flyers and their history of management antics/fights with players/fights with agents/etc
Also, much like Flyers the Bruins have a "How dare you" attitude and will trade someone if you run a foul or are aggressive in negotiations and they don't like it

We saw very much the B's try to vilify Dougie Hamilton when he didn't take offer they made before trading him

“(We) extended Dougie (Hamilton) a very significant offer,” Sweeney told reporters in a scrum on Friday. “And it didn’t lead us to where we thought we’d be able to be comfortable with him part of our group long term.”

They implied how "Generous offer" he turned down was after trade and implied not taking it showed he wasn't committed to be a Bruin for not taking it

Guys like Sweeney and Neely are very much cut from same cloth as guys like Clarke/Holmgren in Philly.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
No thanks. 8-9 million for a good starting goalie in 3 years will be a deal and a 29 30 31 32 year old Swayman will be a beast.

If you can lock the position down instead of trying figuring it out later do it.

Hellebuyck 31
Sorokin 29
Vasilevskiy 30
Shestirkin 28
Bob 35
Oettinger 25
Ullmark 31
Demko 28
Saros 29

He can be very good for a while and move the team forward in the meantime.
A good starting goalie who has never actually handled a starter's workload. I'd be super wary about giving him that kind of cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad