NHL: Around the League 52

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What's in it for the Caps?? Kuemper is 34 with 3 years x $5.25. PLD has been on 4 different teams now I just don't get it. He had an awful playoff series too.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
What on earth were the caps thinking.

I wouldn't let PLD work at my McDonald's let alone be in my pro hockey dressing room. His main character syndrome is through the roof.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Great haul for Flames

Overpayment by Devils

Markstrom hasn't been good last two years and is going to turn 35 during season

Jacob Markstrom had a +20.39 goals saved above expected last year. He was great.

By comparison, their BEST goalie had +1.57 goals saved above expected (in 6 games) and their most played goalie had -11.48 goals GSAx (in 32 games).

I don't know anything about Kevin Bahl, but I don't think a top 10 protected pick is a bad price to pay for a 30 goal swing in the only area of real weakness on your roster.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Jacob Markstrom had a +20.39 goals saved above expected last year. He was great.

By comparison, their BEST goalie had +1.57 goals saved above expected (in 6 games) and their most played goalie had -11.48 goals GSAx (in 32 games).

I don't know anything about Kevin Bahl, but I don't think a top 10 protected pick is a bad price to pay for a 30 goal swing in the only area of real weakness on your roster.
Except it's a thirty five year old goalie that was good two out of the last three years and the Devils goaltending has been especially voodoo for awhile now.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I don’t see us trading up for Jersey’s 2024 first rounder anymore. Goalie was their biggest need
I’m not sure — we were never going to trade them a goalie. 18+ is probably still something they could entertain for help on the back end, which Murph might be
Wow so much cap room for GMs to be bold. If you wanted out of Jones, you can do it if you wanted to. I personally don’t want out of the contract… just saying you could.
Treliving is the guy who did the huberdeau contract. Makes jones contract look like a walk in the park.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Everyone thinks it’s Jacob Chychryn moving but I’m gonna guess it’s Chabot. NTC doesn’t kick in until July.
Ottawa is a very interesting team this offseason. I agree with you on Chabot. He's constantly injured and I’ll bet the Sens would love to move on. But Chychrun is likely gone as well, and Joseph on the block.

I also think they’ll explore moving Giroux, only one year left. And then a Korpisalo buyout potentially.

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

@TLEH You’re ahead of the game kid. Schmaltzy is credible and the Martian confirmed.
Just playing the NMC/NTC game. Seems like a lot of teams give em out but try and move guys before it happens.

What doesn't really make sense to me is why Philly would be interested in any of the OTT D. Chabot, Chychryn, even Brannstrom, they all are LD and Philly has D.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Just playing the NMC/NTC game. Seems like a lot of teams give em out but try and move guys before it happens.

What doesn't really make sense to me is why Philly would be interested in any of the OTT D. Chabot, Chychryn, even Brannstrom, they all are LD and Philly has D.
Didn't Philly trade guys at the deadline away?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Leafs are gonna give Mitchy M an 8 x $12.5 contract I bet. Punting on next season in the process and we have their 1st rounder as well.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8756.jpeg

Solid career

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
He was everyone’s speed demon on the 4th line in HUT for years too. Good career for a good player. Happy he won a Cup

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The much anticipated Phoenix land auction for the spot that Meruelo allegedly wants to build an arena was cancelled due to him not even having the necessary paperwork ready.

He's either an incompetent boob or he's a snakeoil salesman pretending to be one while he dances off into the sunset a few hundred million bucks richer.

All but definitely guarantees that an arena won't be ready by the five-year deadline that the league established to allow the Yotes back in if they paid the sales price back.

Reactions: Mikitastan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad